It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:05 am 
I'm not sure if I am trying to reach out to someone with similar problems or I am just holding on ot the last thing of my son. After I walked in his house after not hearing from him for 4 days, I walked in only to find his lifeless body on the bathroom floor. He was pronounced dead at the scene. We are waiting for toxicology reports but it looks like a benzo and opiate mixture. I tried talking with some of his aquiantences but got some pretty dodgy answers from some pretty shady characters. I logged on his laptop and found this website that he had bookmarked. I do not know if he used this a lot or if he used this as some sort of cry for help but maybe some of you could help me on his last days/words. I'm not sure what the username would be or if he even had one. All i know , is this site was use frequently. I know he was trying to get better and was doing very well off the suboxone. He was a good 5 months clean. I just dont know how or why he would go back to getting high again.He was a lovely young man only inhis mid 20's that had so much life to give. He was smart, enthusiastic and generous. He loved boxing and showed promise in it at one point while being focused and clean. I feel the suboxone killed his insides and dampened his will to live. I love my son , I will forever miss his beautiful soul, smile and personality. Please, if anyone is reading this; you do NOT want to burry your children. I will be forever miserable. I could use some support right now. I am still trying to believe the magnitude of all this tragedy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh my! I can't adequately express my sympathies on the loss of your child. Please accept my deepest condolences. This is a horrible, ugly disease, as we have all seen.

I wish I had the proper words or the right things to say to you to give you all the answers you seek. But I don't. I doubt anyone has those answers. The bottom line is opiate addiction is a disease - a relapsing, fatal disease.

If you come across his username, please do let us know. I feel like we should mourn him properly. I know it's just the internet and all, but we get pretty close around here. Your description of your son sounds extremely familiar to me. The boxing and being off sub for 5 months are good clues. Perhaps others here will recognize the description of him.

I wish you and yours the very best as you move forward. I'll be thinking of you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm really sorry for your loss. It really makes me sad .. even angry ... that this disease takes life so indiscriminately.

I have a feeling your son went under the name of winningduhepic

If you've come here looking for some insight into his state of mind, here is a link to his posts:

WinningDuhEpic's post search

If the link doesn't work, PM me and I'll run you through how to search.

Your son's posts made for some really passionate conversation... and definitely caused some people to see Suboxone from a different angle. In the end he chose to do recovery without Suboxone, and it's just sad that his chosen recovery path was cut so short. Recovery without Suboxone can have some amazing rewards... but unfortunately it comes with risks.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Also I feel I should let you know that there was a point where WinningDuhEpic posted as other people. As a result some members might be unsure how to react to this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I believe that Teejay might be right that it is Winningduhepic... I hope that we are wrong, but it does sound a lot like him trying to do this all on his own and going off the suboxone. I know that he did cause quite an uproar by using other screen names to get a rise out of the community here, but I think he was in a very bad state of mind and was crying out for help. He did apologize to everyone on the forum and a lot of people accepted his apology and told him that it was ok. We understood. I know Romeo was one that told him that this was completely normal, once off the suboxone to be in a different state of mind and kind of "losing it". I don't remember his exact words, but I really felt like he understood why this person was acting this way on a support forum. It doesn't matter, it may not be Winningduhepic, it may be, but this person is gone now because of a horrible disease and it saddens me either way...

I am so, so, sorry to hear about this, no matter who it was. I can only tell you how very sorry I am to hear this about anyone, any member of the forum, anyone suffering from this disease, any person no matter their age... he may have been in his 20s and a grown man, but he was your baby no matter how old he was.

Addiction is a horrible disease and I am so sorry that you as a mother are here telling us this tragic news and I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine walking in and finding my child dead and that pain must be unbearable. I don't have any words that are going to ease your pain, but we can all be here for you, anytime you need to talk. This is an addiction support group and we are all here to support you.

My prayers will be with you, I will pray for peace for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:35 pm 

I'm sorry. But I need more than your post here to believe that winningduhepic has died. Unfortunately, winningduhepic was banned from this site for saying despicable things to others and constantly breaking forum rules. I agree with you that he is very smart. In fact, he is definitely smart enough to pose as his own mother and try to make us feel sorry that he is gone. Why would you post on a suboxone forum and imply that it was the suboxone that helped cause his death? Because it sounds like you are just furthering an agenda. If he had been on suboxone, he would have had a much lower chance of ODing, even if he also took a benzo.

If you are a grieving mother, this thread will not escalate. And if you can provide us with a link to an obituary, a news story, etc., you will receive all the support you are looking for and more. We have incredible amounts of empathy here. But we have also been manipulated too many times to blindly believe peoples' stories.

Thank you for providing us with a link to your son's story or obituary.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
I'm sorry. But I need more than your post here to believe that winningduhepic has died. Unfortunately, winningduhepic was banned from this site for saying despicable things to others and constantly breaking forum rules. I agree with you that he is very smart. In fact, he is definitely smart enough to pose as his own mother and try to make us feel sorry that he is gone. Why would you post on a suboxone forum and imply that it was the suboxone that helped cause his death? Because it sounds like you are just furthering an agenda. If he had been on suboxone, he would have had a much lower chance of ODing, even if he also took a benzo.

If you are a grieving mother, this thread will not escalate. And if you can provide us with a link to an obituary, a news story, etc., you will receive all the support you are looking for and more. We have incredible amounts of empathy here. But we have also been manipulated too many times to blindly believe peoples' stories.

Thank you for providing us with a link to your son's story or obituary.

Amy

Thank God Someone finally said it. When all of this happened, someone did say that he would come back and do this.
This is a horrible thing to insinuate with such vagueness about your "son". This is a GREAT forum, that would come
together to celebrate someones life, in the event of an untimely death due to the very disease that we struggle to
beat every single day. Please understand where we are coming from. Annonymity shouldn't be an issue if he is in
fact dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow, I feel kind of like a fool now. This was on my mind today after I replied and said what I did, and I still mean every word of it from the bottom of my heart... if this in infact true, but today on my way to pick my husband up from work I started thinking "wait a minute?" What if Winning logged on and made this whole story up to see just how many more people he can get a rise out of? It's just kind of odd that a mother would start blaming the suboxone right off the bat on a suboxone support forum. It's sad that there of those of us who really care and our heart just breaks to hear news like this, but it's even more sad to think it's all a lie.

Amy & Goinstrong, you two are two of the first people on this forum to offer your support and encouragement to everyone. I've been on here long enough to know that both of you are wonderful, caring, smart women, and you're just calling it like you see it and wanting more information before you really start to feel bad for a grieving "mother" who jumps on here and tells us that her son, her own child, has died from an overdose. That's not something to joke about, but in a way I'm hoping now that this is the case. I truly hate to think of this happening to anyone. I'm going to have to agree with you guys here and until I see some proof, I can't offer anymore support and I hope that no one else gets too involved deeper. This was weighing on my heart very heavily and it disgusted me earlier when I started doubting the post.

Grieving mother, if you could post a link, an obit or anything to validate what you've told us, I can guarantee you'll get the support you're needing and looking for. It's sad that we have such a wonderful group of people on here who really care about other members of the forum, but we've had some members who were so ungrateful and took advantage of that and now we have to question things like this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:47 pm 
I'm at a lose with some of the disturbing doubts that were mentioned. I do not know if any of you are old enough to have addicted children but you would know when you saw what I saw. I did not come here to get pity or what you thought of him. We also may not even be talking about the same person. There more than a few members of this website. If I find out you have in fact been talking disgracfully about him than I could not think of anything more uglier in a human characteristic. I will not send you any sort of information about my son. Never, you talk down and even after he is not longer here unlike you, I despise some words I have read. This was not what I had in mind coming following his websites. My position on suboxone was mentioned. How can you tell me I am my son posing as his mother? This is disgusting. I know what suboxone did to my sons livelyhood and you cannot tell me otherwise. I just wish he was on suboxone that night. Why did this have to happen? I hope none of you have to go through this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:24 pm 

I don't need any more information. So sad.

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It is unfortunate that if this in fact is true another senseless death has happened due to this disease. If you in fact lost your son to this disease then I sympathize with you and him. Not sure who we are talking about but if it is your son they can probably figure out through IP addresses whether it was him or someone else. We had someone come on here for a little entertainment that caused some concerns for members. He apologized and most accepted his apology. If it is him.........we would want to know because it makes it that more devastating because he was truly screaming for help. The bottom line if this is true .....saying who it was is no big deal and we can even help share with you some of his post even if we think it is not who we think it is. Some of us have become big suckers on here and we spend time typing responses and giving our experiences only to find we are a butt of the joke........don't be upset at us......be mad at this disease and do what you can to help other mother's so they don't lose their son's so early in life. Whatever the deal is ..............if this is a true. Damn this disease......

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I dont know If I'll get in trouble for sharing this, but the IP address for "buried my baby"

and winningduhepic (and his other names) are only a few digits off of one another.

the first three sets of numbers are exactly the same, it's only the last set of numbers thats a bit different.
the second to last set, is only ONE digit different.

I read on a website, these numbers change, everytime you shut your computer off.

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:00 pm 

Thanks Amber. As I said, the reply gave me all the info I needed to not waste my time and emotional energy.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

amber4.14.11 wrote:
I dont know If I'll get in trouble for sharing this, but the IP address for "buried my baby"

and winningduhepic (and his other names) are only a few digits off of one another.

the first three sets of numbers are exactly the same, it's only the last set of numbers thats a bit different.
the second to last set, is only ONE digit different.

I read on a website, these numbers change, everytime you shut your computer off.

OR just reboot the computer... dump this thread. He needs help.
Why get so defensive over this when you don't even know if it's your son that we are talking about. This is '
exactly how that dumbass acts. Not to mention that all of the screen names are 3 words...Sub Saved me
Winning duh epic, Buried my baby, wnat2 end me....

Nice touch Peter! Add the boxing so we know its you. You are the only one who was arrogant enough
to brag about something so irrelevant to this forum and it's purpose. These moderators work hard enough
without having to deal with a sociopath. You need serious help. I will keep you in my prayers. You need it.

OH a google search for Peter Miller in Lancaster turned up noone dead........no wonder you cant prove it....

Post subject: Vigilantes
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:35 pm 

I would like to offer my condolences on the loss of your son. That is the worst possible thing that could happen to a parent.

To my brothers and sisters here on the forum. Are we not judging before all the facts are in? This OP may or may not be who you think it is so please don't rush into a judgement you might later regret. Please let us moderators look into this matter and we should be able to figure it out. In the meantime, let only condolences be posted. What harm can come to us if we had the wool pulled over our eyes? I would rather be fooled than to offend a grieving mother.

To the grieving mother, please accept my apologies for the negative posts. The members here are good caring people who have been hoodwinked a lot in the past by previous members acting as a troll. Please try not to be offended. They mean well.

Again, my condolences,

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:36 pm 
This was one big mistake coming here to try and find out maybe why this happened. TO MY SON. I HAVE BEEN IN CONSTANT TEARS READING THIS HATE. HE WAS A GOOD PERSON AND IT'S CLEAR THIS FORUM IS NOT A TESTIMENT OF HELPING OTHERS. If there is a hell, you will be judged. Just like you have judged my son. To the person above me, you do not know his name. I dont know how you figured out where he lived near. But you are evil. If you have a child, and you found him purple and cold as ice praying and wishing he was still inside there even though you know the truth. You would want to die. Forgive me father for saying this. I do not wish anything like this happens to you. But , if there is a hell may you burn forever. Take a look at yourself and what you just said to a mother who lost her only son. You are not a mother, you are not a human being. Please do not respond anymore. One of the last comments made me throw up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:lol:

I'm sorry buriedmybaby. I gave you the benefit of the doubt the first couple of threads. But your posts are sounding more and more like winningduhepic's... including spelling mistakes. Unless mother-like-son includes inheriting a damn rude attitude, poor education and tendency for melodrama...

I'm sorry but I'm not going to take this thread seriously until you can offer some proof. It might be callous if what you say is true, but this is so typically winningduhepic's behaviour and posting style that it's just all too coincidental.

About now, I'm putting this down to winningduhepic (the forum nickname) trying to get to us from "beyond the grave".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There is just an equal chance that winningduhepic has died and this is his mother. If indeed the IP is the same, this could be construed as evidence of that and that she's using his computer.

I'm officially asking (as a moderator and not as a member) that no one post anything negative here anymore. If you have sympathies to offer, please feel free to post them.

Let's take the high road, folks. Like Rule said, I'd rather that then take the risk of offending a grieving mother.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Let's make this real easy, just provide proof to Hatmaker in private and we will let thr truth speak for itself period!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm just working with the probabilities here. Chances of an opioid addict dieing of a fatal opioid overdose is 1% each year. On the flip side, the behavioural hallmarks are too coincidental. And it's pretty smart too. Perfect way to get in on the same IP and elicit sympathy, make us wonder if we're to blame... etc.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next