It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: WHY CANT?????
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well I go to my Dr Thursday to find out if he can prescribe me methadone himself or at least get me into another Dr who will so I don’t have to go the clinic route but if worst comes to worst that will be my last option a clinic. Most clinics I talked with said with all said the same thing with being clean for 4 years no failed drug test, no calls for early refills and being on meds for pain management that finding a private methadone Dr would be my best route. So I don’t have to drive to a clinic daily and all that fun stuff and I already see a psychologist for my mental health plus my addiction. So I have all the aspects of a clinic already going for me is what they pretty much were getting at.

Any ways here is my question for you, why the hell cant any opiate addiction Dr who is also my normal health Dr prescribe me methadone for opiate addiction but can give me 100s of suboxone every month or?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know for sure on this but suspect your normal health doctor can do it and doesn't want to for some reason.

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jackcrack wrote:
I don't know for sure on this but suspect your normal health doctor can do it and doesn't want to for some reason.

Oh no my private Dr wants to prescribe me it to me but had to look into things for one main reason. Being that I have been on Suboxone for 4 years, yes I am on suboxone for pain management but at the end of the day when people see suboxone they think opiate dependency medication. And with methadone being illegal to prescribe for opiate addiction how would it look if the DEA looked into this they see I am on suboxone for 4 years than all the sudden I am on methadone for pain management even if that is the truth it would more so look like he is giving methadone for opiate addiction treatment cause of the single fact that I have been on suboxone all this time with him. Meaning he could lose his right to prescribe controlled substances one and two maybe even lose his license. And with him being a suboxone Dr for many people it would hurt alot of people if he lost his rigth to perscibe narcotics to take the risk for one patient being me. So he also is talking to his Friend who is a Dr and deals with this type of field being private methadone treatment.

Yes any private Dr can prescribe methadone that is true he said but the fact he persibes me suboxone than switches me to methadone will look like he is breaking the law to sum it up.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

From my point of view, I don't see why it would appear that the doctor was doing anything wrong. But sub and methadone are used for both opiate addiction as well as chronic pain management.

I hope it works out for you. Let us know how it goes.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Why are you asking the question if you already know the answer? I don't get it.

- Winston Churchill

Post subject: That sucks!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That really does suck. And it's quite stupid! So, once you are on Suboxone, even if it is for pain management, you will have a very tough time being given methadone, even if you were given it for pain management before the Suboxone. It has kinda screwed you over to be on the Sub. I hate these dumb, red tape, illogical laws. They do see everyone as being the exact same and there's no room for being reasonable.

As big a pain as the clinic would be, at least it's still an option, right?

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jackcrack wrote:
Why are you asking the question if you already know the answer? I don't get it.

No my question is why can’t Doctor’S legally prescribe methadone for opiate addiction treatment? But a person can be given 100s of suboxone films a month. Not my case of why he can’t but the overall case of why can’t any Dr prescribes it for opiate addiction treatment?

Yea Hat that is why he is talking to a fellow Dr about this to see how it will look if he did start giving me methadone. He has not said no and if this Dr says its ok he does it all the time he will start me on a taper to start methadone. But he has to be very carefull b4 he does anything cause of the simple fact no matter how suboxoen is looked at opiate addiction treatment pops up first b4 pain management.

Post subject: take outs
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:17 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Bboy,
prescribing methadone for opiate addiction is strict....just like the laws governing Sub right now....I don't know any private dr who can offer methadone for opiate addiction. But I think you obviously have found that out.

But, the good news is that even if you have to go to a methadone clinic most likely with your history you will be able to get take outs....It may not happen immediately but when I switched from one methadone clinic to another I continued on with take outs as usual....but since you are switching medications it might not happen for you immediately.

Altho there are laws governing how many take outs a client can get (each state is different) and how quickly...there is a schedule...clinics that are closed on Sunday give all clients that take out, then usually in 30 days you get 1 more take out for the week, then every month or two they'll add another...and because of your proven history (bring in all your ua's and letter from dr etc) they might be able to bypass the waiting periods and give you a week or 2 at the start. Or soon after.

It didn't take long for me to get 2 weeks take outs...and in my state you needed two years at a clinic in order to get a month take out and I did get that...but even going in once a week was not that big of a deal...and it kept me accountable...I asked for more freuqent ua's because of my ex's accusations and my work etc.

So it might end up being an ok thing after all. Sorry if I've just repeated something you are already aware of...just thought you might not know the policies...

Post subject: Re: take outs
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

chinagirl wrote:
Bboy,
prescribing methadone for opiate addiction is strict....just like the laws governing Sub right now....I don't know any private dr who can offer methadone for opiate addiction. But I think you obviously have found that out.

But, the good news is that even if you have to go to a methadone clinic most likely with your history you will be able to get take outs....It may not happen immediately but when I switched from one methadone clinic to another I continued on with take outs as usual....but since you are switching medications it might not happen for you immediately.

Altho there are laws governing how many take outs a client can get (each state is different) and how quickly...there is a schedule...clinics that are closed on Sunday give all clients that take out, then usually in 30 days you get 1 more take out for the week, then every month or two they'll add another...and because of your proven history (bring in all your ua's and letter from dr etc) they might be able to bypass the waiting periods and give you a week or 2 at the start. Or soon after.

It didn't take long for me to get 2 weeks take outs...and in my state you needed two years at a clinic in order to get a month take out and I did get that...but even going in once a week was not that big of a deal...and it kept me accountable...I asked for more freuqent ua's because of my ex's accusations and my work etc.

So it might end up being an ok thing after all. Sorry if I've just repeated something you are already aware of...just thought you might not know the policies...

No I did not know that! so thank you so much for sharing that information with me, that was why I didn’t want to attend a clinic is because of the fact having to drive their daily with my injury def would be a pain in the ass. But after hearing this if I do end up at a clinic maybe it won’t be so bad after all. And my Dr told me if he can’t prescribe me methadone he would do everything in his power to help me get on methadone ASAP. So it is good to know that worst comes to worst my Dr could get in touch with the clinic and hopefully I’ll be able to get take homes sooner than later. All I know is my Dr said he will do anything with in his power to help me get on methadone. He is all for helping me switch which def is a big relief knowing my Dr is on my side with this. But the wait is what is killing me and I am so sad to say my Drs office called earlier today and told me he had to go out of town for something personal so I don’t see him till next week. And he wasn’t in the office when they called so I couldn’t ask him if there was any updates yet man I am so beat up mentally and physically I don’t know how much longer I can last. The way I look at it some days in any even I am goanna have to stop taking suboxone no matter what, I am switching to methadone no matter what, so why not stop now have a little fun b4 the switch with a lil fentora 800s. I am basically locked in my house 24/7 right now due to how bad things are going right now. I can’t tell you how frustrating it is to take 24 mgs of suboxone and get no relief what so ever. My mom has my care keys, my safe keys, my cc cards my bank stuff everything. The only reason I didn’t relapse by now is because it would kill my mom she has put so much effort into helping me get clean and that is my strength to not falling into the devils evil plans of relapse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

bboy,

Man, I understand that you're taking a shit kicking right now, but having some fun with some Fentora 800's is going to get you nowhere, except maybe to the funeral home!! Good God man, don't even consider doing the Fentora, please don't even consider it!!

I'm glad your mother has your car keys, your safe keys, your credit cards and your bank stuff too.

bboy, you're going through a hell of a rough patch right now, no doubt about it, but I know you have the strength within you to do the right thing. Dang man, when I went through my acute wd's, I was in a hell of a rough patch too. I never gave up, I kept on 'showing up' the next day and hoping like mad that things would get better soon, only to find out that I hadn't hit bottom yet. It sucked like hell, but I just kept on showing up. In the middle of it all I realized an amazaing thing, the human mind and body can take an extreme amount of punishment and still come out the other side. If a wimp like me can survive jumping off a high dose of sub, then you can survive until you get on Methadone.....I know you have the strength to do it, I just know you do!!

When you're feeling down, talk about it with someone, post about it here. I know on my shitty days I MUST talk to people about it or I'll lose my marbles. Talking about it and writing about it helps, it helps me a lot anyway. I think it would help you too.

Hang in there, man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
bboy,

Man, I understand that you're taking a shit kicking right now, but having some fun with some Fentora 800's is going to get you nowhere, except maybe to the funeral home!! Good God man, don't even consider doing the Fentora, please don't even consider it!!

I'm glad your mother has your car keys, your safe keys, your credit cards and your bank stuff too.

bboy, you're going through a hell of a rough patch right now, no doubt about it, but I know you have the strength within you to do the right thing. Dang man, when I went through my acute wd's, I was in a hell of a rough patch too. I never gave up, I kept on 'showing up' the next day and hoping like mad that things would get better soon, only to find out that I hadn't hit bottom yet. It sucked like hell, but I just kept on showing up. In the middle of it all I realized an amazaing thing, the human mind and body can take an extreme amount of punishment and still come out the other side. If a wimp like me can survive jumping off a high dose of sub, then you can survive until you get on Methadone.....I know you have the strength to do it, I just know you do!!

When you're feeling down, talk about it with someone, post about it here. I know on my shitty days I MUST talk to people about it or I'll lose my marbles. Talking about it and writing about it helps, it helps me a lot anyway. I think it would help you too.

Hang in there, man.

Thank you for your kind words and support Romeo! Yea I had a little run at the end with Fentora when oxy stop working not something I am proud of but when I think of relapse that’s fentora 800 mcg is the only drug I can think off that would over power Suboxone.

But you are right that was just my frustration in that last post after finding out my Dr had to reschedule my app to next week. It is just so hard some days because I don’t know yet 1 if he will be able to prescribe me methadone or at least get me into his friend who deals with private methadone treatment 2 if he can’t do either of those things and then I got too wait even longer with methadone waiting lists. And they all told me the same thing wait till you talk to your Dr b4 we put you on a waiting list. So I am locked in my house even longer, the only time I leave is for fucking Dr appointments or apps with my psychologist and then to my gf house but we have been arguing because well let’s face facts I am a jerk right now. I am so mean and confrontational it is not funny I cant tell you what it is like to feel like you are in withdrawal after taking 24 32 mgs of sub but I tried not taking any and that just made things 100 times worst. I just want to end this and get back to a positive recovery, but I don’t want to suffer any longer I am out of tears, I am out of energy and am out of anger. Now I am just in desperation mode.

I would like to come on and post to guys when things are real bad but I really don’t want to say the wrong thing again to somebody who is being nice to me.