It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone I'm new on here. A little bit of background on me. I'm 20 years old, played football and ran track since freshman year of high school. Now I have used since I was 13 and my drug habit got really bad when I was 17 and moved out of my house. My question is how could I use all through high school and still maintain a weight of 175? I was one of the strongest guys on my team. Now I'm 20 and weigh 150-155 and cannot gain my weight back. I've been on subutex for 4 months (officially) but actually have used them for almost 8. Has anyone else had a problem with gaining weight and muscle back after your opiate addiction? It's just so embarrassing looking like a skeleton with sunken cheek bones and being absolutely exhausted from very little physical work. If anyone else could give me some advice on some supplements to get my body back to the way it was before 3 Years of heroin abuse?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's really hard to say what's going on. OK, so your DOC was heroin....and did you lose all that weight during your active addiction? And you've only been in sub treatment for 4 months? Many people will die blaming suboxone for their weight gain while others will insist it caused their weight loss. Everyone is different and everyone reacts differently to meds.

You could give it more time OR if you are REALLY concerned about it, why not see a doctor now? Did you ever use or share needles during your addiction? If so, then I'd definitely see a doctor now just to rule some things out.

I can't recommend any supplements to help you regain your muscles and previous weight, but I'm sure some others will come along and give you some of their ideas.

Good luck! And please do let us know what you find out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.