It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Amy,I hope you are right and I do indeed eat those words.. Time will tell and to be fair I shouldn't generalize and insult the few good doctors that take such good care of some of us I apologize if I offended any healthcare professionals that do indeed care ..lol I just hope I meet one soon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Always... It seems increasingly clear to me you are going to keep looking until you find a reason to quit this doctor. That's how you started with us. Your first post was all about how you didn't think this doctor could be trusted. If you keep at it you'll find your reason. Just what is it you are expecting? Or is this the addict brain at work planning your relapse? Find a reason not to go back, blame the doctor and then relapse. I just don't get it. What do you want from this doctor? What are you expecting? As for this PA, if she said these words like that, it was inappropriate of him or her. It's also likely not true what she is claiming. Many people want to build themselves up in a manner like this. You know what, if she gets hit by a bus on the way to work tomorrow the clinic will somehow survive without her. It just will. No one is that important. She was clearly having a bad day and made inappropriate comments in order to feel important and needed. But in your case I'm not getting the end game here. You are not at all seeing how lucky you are to have ANY sub doctor so fast and on your first try. NO DOCTOR IS PERFECT yet you seem to have found one at least in the top half. His PA is more than capable of treating you. In fact it's only due to our stupid laws she can't write the script herself. She could write for oxy for you but not sub - only a doc can do that. STUPID and makes no sence. That said PAs are very highly trained medical professionals. It's not like typical assistants - nursing assistants, medical assistants, OR assistants who, while certainly medical professionals themselves, have far, far less education. A PA has 7 years of college and medical traing AT MINUMUM some have 8. 9 or 10 years. This person is way more than capable.

I don't want to be too rough on you but I honestly don't get it. Why this intense desire to get rid of this doc or prove he's not good enough? I don't get it. What is it he's not doing that you feel he needs to? And if he were to do these things how would that make a difference in your life? Just something to consider.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I tell you what donh don't worry about it I wont post anything else about it ..I didn't know what to expect from my doctor I also thought I could speak my worries here I also thought I could have an opinion but I see I can only say certain things here and I apologize for saying I don't trust doctors BUT I DONT if you would have come back from a giant freaking SANDBOX AFTER SEEING WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND DONE AND THEN HAVE EVERY DAM DOCTOR YOU CALL TELL YOU TO CALL BACK IN 12 WEEKS AND MAYBE THEY CAN SEE YOU AND WHEN THEY FINALLY DECIDE THEY CAN SQUEEZE YOU IN THEY KILL YOUR SOUL AND TURN YOU INTO A FREAKING ZOMBIE WITH PILLS PILLS AND MORE PILLS then I'm sure you would maybe have a negative attitude about them too but I wont post about my doctor any more thanks for all your help

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:07 pm 

Don't take one person's comments as speaking for the entire forum! You are welcome to share your experiences about your doctor and ask as many questions as you like. :)

I think that DonH was just trying to get you focused on recovery.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I appreciate you saying that Amy but I think I will just read from now on I have alot of mental problems and say things without thinking and I appreciate people if they disagree with my opinion and I love the debate part of a topic but this is twice now I have been almost scolded like a little kid for what I have said not disagreed with so thank you to ALL of you who have made me feel better when I was down and again im sorry if I insulted anyone in the medical field I know u are not all like that and some of you DO CARE and are great people

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:30 pm 

Hey always :) u know I totally get why u got upset and honestly even when someone thinks they are helping with maybe some tough love, it makes ya feel like ur being attacked in a way. I'm here to tell ya, u didn't say anything wrong on either post u felt like u were scolded....and I read em. What some ppl don't understand is that being a fairly new poster, it takes courage to come out with ur feelings and putting urself out there and when u feel like someone doesn't get ya or feeling like ur being attacked truly sucks. But like Amy said, not everyone takes that type of approach and I'd love to see ur opinions and progress. So I really hope u keep posting!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know we are getting or have gotten off track from the original thread topic but I'm hesitant to continue with a response on another thread when everything else is here.

Always, if all you are doing is venting and making off the cuff comments then I'm not nearly as worried for and about you. You most certainly can and should keep giving your thoughts and opinions. I'm just very worried given the comments you've made - not for what you say but what you seem to feel. I'm worried you are looking for an excuse to dump your doctor and return to your comfort zone in active addiction. I don't know you at all so I can't be sure what you may do but I know addicts and the addict brain and that's what we do. I totally get someone can make a comment very much joking saying "I should shoot myself" and be just totally kidding and laughing as they say (type) it. But the next person can say it and mean it. I've just seen you come up with all sorts of reasons to get rid of your doc or get off sub. And to me you appear ver serious. I really want to try and prevent you from doing that - especially when you are in the very early and most fragile part of recovery. I want you to succeed. I want you to tell us how you honestly feel and I will take what you say seriously. If this was your first comment like this I'd not have batted an eye but when I see a theme or a trend I pay attention.

Just so I'm very clear here, I'm not saying don't tell us these things if you really think and feel them. I want you to tell us and then we can try to help you. You are most certainly on the right path here with recovery. I know it's really hard but it's the right path. I just don't want to see you throw it away. Am I making more sence here?

As for the comments on PA I'm not at all offended nor am I trying to talk down to you. The fact of the matter is most or at least many people don't at all understand what a PA is, does or can do. They see or hear "assistant" and assume it's like most other medical assistants. Bravo if you fully understand but many others reading this don't.

Please continue to post and share and voice all of your opinions. I just don't want to see that little addict still standing on your shoulder and whispering in your ear talk you out of this. There is a lot to be said about positive thinking and a positive attitude. I really wish I could get you to see how great you are already doing and how lucky you are. I really want you to succeed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:48 pm 

Thank you for clarifying Donh. That is really helpful. I think there are some folks out there who have been kicked around by people enough that they are pretty defensive when they think it is happening again. It's important that we temper our advice with the type of encouragement that you just gave. I know that when I think someone is on my side, I'm much more likely to listen to their advice. Thanks for letting alwaysthesame know that you want to see him or her succeed!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:03 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Donh,I am 3 weeks into this so give me a break .. I have gone to every appointment haven't failed a piss test haven't slammed,snorted,smoked,or swallowed anything except for dissolving my sub under my tongue as directed lol as nasty as it is..I admit I haven't been through any type of clinic and I didn't understand sub doctors for the most part are not therapists and are there to write my script not deal with my mental state but i still thought after how nice and understanding they acted until after they got my 500.00 induction fee that is that they would at least give me 5 freaking mins and not cut me off mid sentence when im talking...However that said I still do not like this particular doctor and have already found another and made sure i asked hella questions and that it was scheduled so no breaks in meds...I still really don't get how you came to the conclusion from my bitching that I wanted to QUIT PERIOD AND RELAPSE I thought it was clear that I just didn't understand what to expect and was curious if what was going on with my doc was normal or not I mean c'mon the woman told me (an addict) to smoke weed to ease my w/d ... But I was desperate at the time and scared to death of w/d and so I went... I am also going through mental hell right now and the depression is so bad my co workers are starting to ask what's wrong ...I know now that its very unlikely the suboxone has anything to do with that but what I'm going through is not good of all .. Believe me I would rather die than go back to my life before so I am plenty freakin serious about this ..On top of all that you start telling me how capable my doctor and P.A. are when you don't have a clue what they are or aren't and by your explanation we should be happy to shell out thousands of dollars and by god take whatever bs treatment they offer..nope not me bro if I wanna change doctors 10 times until I feel comfortable in gonna do it .. But thanks for the explanation because I was confused..