It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:17 pm 
Badabing posted her "anger" twice - on this old thread and on a new one she started called "this is why I'm angry" or something like that. Anyway, assuming Badabing is interested in our responses, most of them are showing up on the newer thread.
Setmefree says "I'm sure glad I'm not that angry!" That must really suck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ugh

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I cant believe all the people on here who are bashing the physicians and calling them greedy. Does anyone know how long a physician has to go to school for to charge you that minimal office fee. The average physician is in debt over $200,000 by the time they graduate med school. Then they have to go to a residency program where the majority of them are making less than $15,000 a year until the residency is completed. Then most doctors dont collect half the time because there are so many scumbags out there who dont want to pay, they have many for cigarettes but not to pay the doc. Also, most doctors cant even break even on medicare and medicaid patients because the government decides what the doctor should be paid. Maybe its just me but after working that hard and being in that much debt I hardly would say that doctors are greedy because they charge $100 for a office visit. People dont realize how much overhead and malpractice insurance costs a physician. I think the greedy ones are the people who expect doctors to work for free or the ones who think its the governments responsibility to pay there medical bills.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Addressing the Anger...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's certainly hard to argue the fact that there are a lot of misinformed docs out there that are not providing the real facts to opiate addicts who are considering Sub therapy as a means of freeing them from their addiction. Not to argue against any of the substantiated anger that a segment of our population feels, but I do feel that everyone needs to understand that there is a place for Sub use and it really has been a life-saver for many of us. After spending most of my life addicted to Morphine/ Heroin/ ect.. I was pretty convinced that (as an opiate addict) I'd spend the rest of my life on and off drugs, in a never-ending cycle of cessation/relapse/use/cessation/relapse/use....... Many can argue that I am just substituting one drug for another, and that may be true.... But in braking that cycle, Suboxone maintenance has finally given me the chance to live life on my own terms rather then being in constant turmoil and crisis mode.... In the 3.5 years that I have taken Suboxone I have accomplished more then the previous 30 years of addiction. My life has finally found a semblance of what others would consider "normal". I'm no longer chasing a "high" that can never be found. Instead, I've finally diverted that attention to raising my three young children, starting and running a very successful healthcare agency from home, and reestablishing a (long-lost) relationship with a wife who is finally getting to know me as a husband that she can love, admire, and have faith in... Sure, there are head-aches to deal with as a result of this therapy. It's expensive, it's a pain in the ass to go see the doc every couple months, along with the unavoidable side-effects (ie-constipation, sweats, ect.). But many of us (myself included) really need to remember the relativity of our predicament.... I don't know about you all, but being addicted to morphine/ heroin literally came so close, on so many occasions to costing me everything. I was in trouble with the law, about lost my professional license, lost dozens of relationships, alienated family, went bankrupt, not to mention the physical effects on my body that took it's toll.... When I really draw an honest perspective from then to now, my quality of life is literally a million times better.... All because of this little orange pill that I put under my tongue each morning. Because of that, I'm through worrying about being 100% clean and drug-free. 30+ years of my cycling addict behavior has proven that this will never be an option for me. I will be a SUB user for the rest of my life, and thank God for that.... When I look at the only other alternative and stop trying to fool myself in to believing that I can somehow wake-up and be normal like my "NORMI" friends and family, I can then "truly" be thankful for the life I've finally been granted. Thank-You Suboxone, for finally giving me an alternative that is not some fantasy, and that has really turned my life around in so many ways

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I First hand have experienced suboxone withdrawal a few years ago after being on it for 9 months. I decided that I didn't need the medication any longer (big MISTAKE) and continued with NA and outpatient therapy. Yeah withdrawals from subs was a little uncomfortable but It had NOTHING on the withdrawals from the other opiates I had been on (and i quit subs cold turkey) I would withdraw from Suboxone any day compared to OC, Morphine, Etc.

After being clean for a few months I relapsed and decided that long term suboxone therapy was the choice for me. I wanted to live and was lucky to make it back to suboxone. I just had to add this after hearing so many people crying about how bad the withdrawals are from suboxone.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4