It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Why am I so anxious?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Everyone~!

I posted in the introduction section last week. I have stopped my suboxone at about 2mg daily...I say about because I would go up and down and really could not be consistent so I just stopped. I was on about 5 years. I have one strip I carry in my bag for an "out" if needed. At this point that isn't an option. To be honest my symptoms were never that severe and I know my symptoms are not normal and most people are very sick at that dose. Today is day 12 off and I have no physical symptoms like vomiting and diarrhea...but what I do have is anxiety and very low energy. I have read this forum a lot and I know the low energy will take months but I don't see many people talking about the anxious feeling. The feeling like I am about to have a heart attack 24/7 but my heart rate is normal. If anyone else can relate to what I am talking about I would love to hear your experience.

I have worked every day since I have been off I have been sleeping well enough with the help of my clonidine. I have vitamins and supplements I have been taking daily. I try to ride the stationary bike 10 miles a day. I want to jog/run but just can't. The one time I feel normal is in the car with music loud and my mind on driving and not how I feel. I do want to tell people it is possible to stop if you want to...but you have to do it for you and not because someone else tells you to. I have read so many encouraging post, read the subdoc's post, and watched his videos...this site has helped me get through and THANK YOU ALL!!

Post subject: Re: Why am I so anxious?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Popgirl!

Good for you! Awesome! You know why you feel normal when you listen to music... listening to music produces endorphins.. it is the key to getting through the W/D.. Physical and emotional.. though it sounds like you are doing good with the physical.

Work out as much as possible.. especially when the anxiety kicks in.. and listen to music!! It will help soooo much!

Keep it up!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:46 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Anxiety is normal... At least in my experience. I am on day 11 and today is the first day I haven't had it. Yesterday it wasn't too bad but the other days it was terrible.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you both for replying!

I think I will get my earbuds on more often then. I was driving home yesterday and thought I was cured because all the anxiety was just gone...but after I got home a while it just all came back.

Tfisher...Congrats on your 11 days that is awesome....I know it's really hard. We can both do it...one day at a time and if that's too much one minute at a time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

That's a really good way to look at things... I've been trying to break my day into pieces to get through. Like I'll say, OK if I still have anxiety after I get through this hour, then I'll think about taking some clonidine... And then I try and focus intensely on some other activity for the next hour and it usually feels better.

I agree, music makes things easier. I am lucky to have good music at work all day for the most part. At least there's nothing I can't stand. And in the car I also feel really good while driving with the music cranked up. Going to try and go for a drive this weekend.

Congratulations on putting together 12 days! Someday soon it will seem like the past. It can only get easier from here on out, right?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just wanted to say you are doing awesome Tfisher~~so encouraging reading your posts. I have read your post and a lot of others in the rear view mirror and it's inspiring really. You should be really proud!!
I just want to update on how my days have gone....

Day 13- severe anxiety to the point I wanted to scream and crawl in a corner. I didn't I got my $hit together and got out and did something productive instead of feeling sorry for myself. No one put the pills or Subs in my mouth. I did this to myself. No one can make this better.

Day 14- Stayed very busy cleaning the entire day to get distracted. By the time I finished I took clonindine and collapsed on the couch with Netflix.

Day 15- Was a blur don't really remember much of it...I know I made it to work and back but that's it.

Day 16-Really sucked again but not so much anxiety but some sadness and depression. I carried the Sub strip in my pocket at day because I knew I'd never make it through the day but I did. Trying to turn it over to God at this point...because I have no power.

Day 17-Today feeling better than previous days just lack of energy and lack of motivation. A real desire to stay in bed 24/7. If I did that I would be jobless...so life must go on and I am going on with it.

I have lost 10 pounds to date and when I eat it makes me sick...so it's been crackers and toast mainly.

One weird side effect I skipped my TOM that should have been 10-12 days ago...not sure what is up with that but kind of grateful anyway. I try to work-out every day but if I am too tired after work I don't beat myself up too much. Those days showering and getting up to go to the bathroom seems like a victory.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:55 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Way to hang in there, gopgirl!! You are one tough cookie. I don't know if I would've kept going if I had all those symptoms still at this point. WAY TO GO!!! You should be soooo proud of yourself for persevering and still making it to work and keeping a positive outlook.

I am bummed for you that its lasting soooo looooong, that's gotta suck. I must admit I can't imagine the jump from 2mg, as jumping at .25 was hard enough. I'm totally in aww of your toughness and strength to keep going. Don't ever forget how tough you really are!

My anxiety is gone now for the most part, and I had the same lack of appetite until recently which was my day 10. Came back with a fury for a day or three.... Then it's finally starting to even out again which makes me really happy.

Super weird, my time of month has only shown up once since January, and only for two days very faintly. January was when I was starting to taper fast and hard. I haven't heard anyone else speak of that, I'd be curious to know if others tapering/jumping are having menstrual irregularities??

OK you totally got this!! Thanks for the support, it's much appreciated! I'll be checking in to see where you're at, I'm hoping things turn around here for your pretty quick... I would think soon!!! Way to stick it out!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good Job to both you two! I am down to like .4/day or so.. I have been exercising like a maniac and that helps tremendously! I mean I have had really no symptoms at all.. I run 3-4 miles every morning and I walk with my Baby at night when I can.. then I do DVD's with weights..

You guys are an inspiration.. I am telling you.. if you can motivate and get your body making its own endorphins quicker you'll heal and feel so much better..

I learned a lot about this from personal exp. and from the Microgram thread taper.. everyone that had success and minimal symptoms worked out..

I have only been on it for 2 months and I never took more than 1mg/day.. and I would often skip several days at a time.. so I do have a bit of a leg up.. I have gotten off at 4mg and 4 years and it was hell.. But it doesn't have to be if done properly..

Keep it up you two and wish me luck as I am going to be done soon. I want to get to 0.1 or maybe even a little lower then jump.. with that I've read there are literally no symptoms..

Keep the updates coming.. :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:10 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Nor cal,
Suuuuper smart on the exercise!!! Good for you!! I was that active down until I started going below .5 and then I was a tapering mess in my head :)

Sometimes I play coulda woulda shoulda and think I should've pushed through but it was physically improbable (if not impossible) as fast as I was tapering to do much more than walk around the block.

I guess we are all different and have to listen to our bodies. I feel like I got off pretty easy considering all I put my body through in active addiction for the better part of a decade (and I'm still pretty young)...I know the exercise will return once I get caught up at work. My energy is coming back slowly now which feels good.

I think it's so interesting how different everyone's taper goes and I truly believe that mental perspective plays a HUGE role in it. I think it's the single thing that kept me from ever getting clean was the fear of withdrawal/detox... Funny how addiction can do that to our brains. That's why I find such a value in long term suboxone treatment. Because it gives us addicts time to break the cycle long enough to establish new habits and patterns, and to put the pieces bank together that we fucked up or neglected during active addiction. And it may be a year or ten years... Depending on the person. But that's good, it gets most people to a place where they are ready to go through the detox to become chemically independent. And that's something I don't think happens often if ever with full agonist addiction.

Congrats to everyone going through this! Norcal let us know how it goes!! I'll be curious to see how much easier it is with more activity.