PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:18 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

PLEASE SHARE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I don't think this would be a good idea, poppie..... I don't know every detail... But I'm going to say stick with an assertive tapering plan.,.

Listen, I've been in yer shoes, okay? It isn't easy..... Honestly, probably the toughest I've been through besides this w/d process....

Where are you now? Get back to us...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:03 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am shocked.
i am on subutex now. i feel better this time. but lost the baby last time after tapering off and yep! i miscarried.
anyway a week before my wedding and BAM im pregannt again! i am TERRIFIED.
I am not sleeping and am freakin out every day per hormones and newly prescribed to subs legally.
my brain is mush.
how do us mothers on subs feel like we can be strong enough and good enough for our babies??
i am ridden withguilt. snappy at my husband. my kid. i have no energy and love to work out so i am going nuts.
im at 8mg. so i can taper low. just scared shitless.
any input appreciated.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hey poppie,

im sry for your loss! You must be so scared right now, but you gotta try not to beat yourself up and get stressed out. Your body is working very hard right now developing a baby so you really gotta just relax so you can sleep, and get the rest you need!

I dont know if im understanding this correctly or not, but you said you lost your baby after tapering off sub? And now your planning on tapering this time as well. Please dont do that, its not good for you or the baby right now. Just stay on a comfortable dose through out your pregnancy, and take care of yourself.

congrats on the nuptuals as well! take care!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you been trying to get pregnant? Just "not preventing"? This kind of stress can't be good, nor is tapering. I'd listen to whatever your doctors tell you to do.

I'm going to give the unpopular opinion that one should not get pregnant if they're too scared to have a baby in their current situation. Mistakes happen but twice in a few months? I hope you can de-stress and take care of yourself in the next several months. Also know that miscarriages happen everyday all day long, to women not on suboxone or tapering, so you have no idea what caused it. It happens all the time. The stress is something you'll have to get under control to support a healthy baby. Wishing you the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:06 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I am here to say that I successfully tapered in my second trimester! I am in no way encouraging anyone but I just want women out there to know that it IS in fact, possible. I searched and searched for something that would in hopes tell me that it would be ok to taper when I felt comfortable enough to do so, and I found nothing. Absolutely nothing. I knew I couldn't risk having a baby that would "maybe" have withdrawal symptoms (no script) and my way of thinking was that if God didn't intend for me to carry this child then my pregnancy would terminate itself if I quit. That God would let it be the way it was supposed to be, no matter gow good or bad the outcome. I know that's awful, but that was my way of thinking, and I'm here to be honest. I was addicted for a year and was in denial about being addicted until I got my positive test. I immediately quit and started to go through some pretty rough withdrawals. I was working at a restaurant at the time waitressing and hosting, which I couldn't deal with on top of withdrawals. It was a nightmare!! I decided to continue with my treatment after some research and do a slow taper. By the time I was 24 weeks I was ready, down to less than 1mg, I jumped off. My skin crawled and I had sleepless nights, but nothing unbearable. I drank plenty of fluids and made sure I ate adequate amounts of food, and I monitored my sons movements, which did not change so I just assumed he wasn't in distress. After one week I finally slept for a full night, my legs didn't feel crawly, and I felt such relief that I had gotten that far! At one month sober I felt completely normal, but I won't lie that the cravings were still there, and the mental aspect of it was far worst than anything physical I went through. My due date was estimated August 1st, but at approximately 3:30 A.M. on July 28th 2013 my water broke. I was terrified at the damage I could have already caused to my unborn child, that they would somehow tell that I had used this drug at some point during my pregnancy. I was in labor for 15 hours, I pushed for one hour and a half until I brought a beautiful, 7lb 14oz 20 3/4 inch long little boy into this world. He is truly perfect, absolutely nothing wrong with him. He is almost 2 weeks old and acts exactly the way a newborn should, other than having jaundice, which a lot of babies get it. Even his pediatrician bragged on him. Like I said, I'm not encouraging anyone to get off because everyone is different, everyone's pregnancy and baby are different. I just wanted to spread hope, something I didn't have while pregnant because information such as what I have given doesn't even exist because women are being told NO WAY. I wish all you ladies the best of luck. I know how frightening it can be and how much anxiety it can create. The most important thing we can do is what WE feel is right. Trust your instinct, mama!