It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am very curious about those who have been successful and if they tapered very low and if there is an actual chart that can be viewed or printed and if it worked. I am in a treatment facility and everyone I have seen go off Suboxone goes off at 1mg-4mg and no one has an easy time that I am aware of. I have personally struggled with it for 2 years before coming into treatment, and I want nothing more than to be off of it, but I feel there is still an easier way. There has to be a way that works and leaves minimal w/d. Any feedback from those who did it or have taper charts and info would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all those questioning and struggling. This is such a important and hard topic to get figured out. I am soo frustrated that doctors and rehab "professionals" don't have a better understanding of it. Thanks!!!!......Billy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:39 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I jumped About 45 days ago, at .25mg I think. I'm doing good, and while it wasn't a total cake walk, it wasn't too bad. Here's the link to my taper progress: almost-off-t9343.html

There's also brown eyed girls thread on here that mike interest you. She was on more long term like you and I was only on for 4 months. I don't know if that makes a difference.

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

BillyMac,

I've been off Suboxone for about 1.5 months and feeling great. I was on Suboxone for over 4 years. During my last 6 months on Sub, I tapered from 2mg down to .063mg and finally jumped taking .015mg on my last day. I dropped .063mg every week and the taper was very successful.

I created a webpage which has a chart you could use to plan your taper. That's what I used and I was able to track my dose and how much Suboxone I had in my system. My doctor always though it was pretty cool, but I'm sure he doesn't tell people to drop by .063mg, maybe .25mg as the smallest. Regardless, it worked for me so feel free to check it out.

Rxfilmcuttingguide.com

Good luck with your taper!

RXFCG

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:09 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Check out the pined post at the top. May help if you have not read them yet. Though I read somewhere that they have or are working on a patch. I'm sure it's not cheap. But what is in that aspect. I'm working the liquid and it works. Should be done in just a few more weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks a lot guys! That is all super helpful. I was able to get my doc to write me some 2s and will make a drop to .7 tomorrow and let you know how things go. I appreciate this forum and hope to bring some awareness to this "world class" treatment facility about starting to utilize this titration process to get people as low as possible. My psychiatrist mentioned the option of just throwing myself into a rapid (naltraxone induced) detox to get through any wds faster and without the wait. I have been here 90 days and couldnt be in a better environment to do that. Gears are turning!;) thanks everyone, and best of luck to anyone tapering down and trying to better their lives. Its a major step indeed!...Billy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:12 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

It has been 4 days exactly since I jumped and I am doing great in comparison to what I anticipated! I was only on suboxone for about 40 days, although I was a heavy oxy user for 2 yrs. After sleeping constantly, gaining 7 lbs in such a short timeframe and being unable to even enjoy a slight alcohol buzz I decided it was time to taper. I went from 16mg to 8 mg in one day. I then went to 4mg. Soon after I was at 1 mg and finally jumped at .25 mg. This was pretty rapid, about 6 days to be exact. As I said earlier I'm now on day 4 of being suboxone free. I was deathly afraid based on the horror stories. It may have been easier for me because I was only on sub for a short time. Day 1 I was a tad sweaty, but slept fine. Day 2 I was still a tiny bit sweaty and sleep that night wasn't great.Day 3 was a tough one-felt like flu symptoms mostly. That night I took 2 gabapentin and got the sleep I so desperately needed. Day 4 I'm in great spirits, a little achy but I got on the scale and without doing anything really I've dropped all the weight I had gained. Plus my boyfriend said my demeanor is night and day different. I'm not inpatient and irritable like I was. I think I'm on the home stretch, lets hope so. Best of luck to those of you who want to jump!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hi.i am allan new to post.have been on pres. vicodin for 4 years in 2008 detox to suboxon in 2012 .2 yearson subs. 3 tries inhosp. for 6 days of detox isaw anew doc. in aug 2012 i was down to .25 mg. per day.and got sick and relapsed.saw doc in sept. and he put me back up to 6mgs. per day because he said i now have an anxiety prob. which i never really. had.last 2 weeks 14 days i am on 3mgs per day/on my own.i want off. iam 66years old and in good health.i want my life back. w/o subs. i need help.there is doc. in indiana who said he can get me off.i am really excited about this. said i might have to see him 6 days a week and go to more counciling which is ok w/ me. wife of 41 years and 25 year old dont understand my prob.they have gone through this for 2 years w/ me. appr. any and all feedback. good luck to all.