It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have been on & off subs for about a year. I am now on 8mgs 2x a day but I tapered myself to 8 & 4. My problem is: Nothing I take helps me with sleep and I am always tense. The only thing that helps is Ambien but I wake up 4 hours later & can't go back to sleep so, I take another one or half. Of course I run out until refill time & can't sleep. Does anyone have this problem where NOTHING makes them sleep or relax? Please, someone, answer please. Love & hope queenie

Post subject: Sleep
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:46 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Dear Queenie, everytime time I tapered even a little my sleep patterns were screwed up for 2-3 months.. Everytime I used a sleep aid I would feel even worse in the morn..My sleep was just getting good then I went from 2mg to 1.5mg to 1mg.. I.ve been at 1mg for only 19 days and yes I feel like shit right now.. I may never taper again, It's taken a year to finally start realizing things about Suboxone and that things will probably NEVER be the same, it certinly is not the fault of Suboxone.. Once your stable for a while things will get better, my shrink told me not to let my bed be a torture chamber, but it is........ Good Luck and " be patient " Mike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the kind words and replying to my post so quickly. Yep, I'm still up. Haven't slept, been reading other posts all night and afraid to close the laptop because no distraction means crying and feeling really crappy about myself. Thank you, thank you. Hope all goes well with you. Love & hope, queenie

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: here again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ok who is tired of me? I know I would be. I;m in such a rut. Need sub refill, my MD retired left me a tel# to call. They gave a consult on Wednesday. No idea about a refill. I am broke($5.oo until Thursday. My co-pay Is 25.oo for subs. Already asked friends for loans. My daughter(45 yrs old & has retardation problems is complaining of leg pains) I feel so hopeless & helpless. I have been crying for 32 hrs. Can't sleep. Feel sick cause I'm trying to stretch my subs. What else???? HELP. Someone just say a few words. !!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was trying to stretch my subs as you know. I was going in to WD very quickly. I took my 8mg regular dose(and praying I can refill) Of course, 35 min later. I feel better. What a predicament. Sorry to be a pain. Love& hope, quenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Queenie, if the Ambien helps put you to sleep but doesn't keep you asleep, maybe you could ask your doctor about Ambien CR (controlled release). I think there's a good chance that it will help you.

With regard to relaxation (and this might help with sleep, too), have you tried meditation? When I started sub I also had to stop taking my massive amounts of xanax. I was so very afraid and had no idea how I was going to deal with it without popping a xannie (or 2 or 3 or 4). My therapist wanted me to try meditation/self-hypnosis. What a crock I thought! There's no way that bunch of hooey could possibly relax me as much as a tranquilizer, I thought to myself. But I gave my therapist the benefit of the doubt and he helped me learn how to do it. Much to my great surprise...IT WORKS! My anxiety level is lower than ever. I can even lower my blood pressure this way. Under the chronic pain topic I started a thread entitled something like "self-hypnosis/meditation/guided imagery". I did my best to explain in detail just how to do such meditation. Take a look at it and give it a sincere effort. I think you'll be surprised at how well it can work.

Good luck and I hope you can get some rest soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Re
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:48 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello Friends
I m new over here