It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have my first legitimate buprenorphine script - for 38 of the 8 mg from Doc Dandar (913) 651-6565 in Leavenworth Kansas. I'm in Kansas City, Kansas, and I'm trying to find a discount coupon to fill the script. After a couple of days effort, I'm beginning to believe the coupons are some kind of scam.

OK, I have the above described script. I'm in Kansas City, KS (KC, MO is near) 66101. Which coupon should I use where?
`~- Nehmo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had trouble posting this, so I deleted some and it worked, see above. Below is the more complete post:

I have my first legitimate buprenorphine script - for 38 of the 8 mg from Doc Dandar (913) 651-6565 in Leavenworth Kansas. I'm in Kansas City, Kansas, and I'm trying to find a discount coupon to fill the script. After a couple of days effort, I'm beginning to believe the coupons are some kind of scam.

The pharmacies won't "run" your script unless you are physically present at the store with the script and the coupon. After they "run" it, they will tell you the price. So far, I've tried 3 pharmacies (2 CVS, and Walmart), using 3 different coupons. The pharmacist say the coupon was "accepted" or "ran" but my resulting price was exactly what it would have been without the coupon. In all these cases, I couldn't see the screen nor did I understand what the process was for running a coupon, but, as a practical matter, the result is that the coupons are worthless.

(I couldn't post the URL of the coupons because I'm new here, and that's against the rules for new posters.)

The toll-free #s on the coupons, e.g., 888 299 5383, give confusing info, but they suggested CVS.

Nonetheless, I see posts of people claiming to have used coupons. I'm not clear how these people are different from me. Maybe their scripts are for Suboxone particularly, and maybe that makes a difference.

The Sam's Pharm. is cheapest, $3.16/8mg pill. Considering the much higher prices I've found at other pharm's, I suspect a coupon, even if it works, won't bring the price under that of Sam's.

OK, I have the above described script. I'm in Kansas City, KS (KC, MO is near) 66101. Which coupon should I use where?
`~- Nehmo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

There are quite a few discount drug cards that offer in the range of 15% off. Take a look at this suboxone coupon review site that shows a few.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's quite a bit of personal information that I'm not sure would be best suited to be publicly posted...would you like for this info to remain public?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The coupon I use is the $50 off coupon available at www.suboxone.com, but it is only for the Suboxone films. I assume you are taking generic Subutex since you said they are $3.16/pill. I don't have experience with that med, so hopefully someone will come along who has more knowledge on this, if the link that sjtpalmer provided doesn't help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm thinking the OP is talking about those generic online pharmacy discount cards. They are useful only for a few medications, and frankly, suboxone isn't one of them. RB (the manufacturer) puts out their own coupons, that TAURUS mentioned, but they are only good for the suboxone films, not subutex or it's generic.

If the OP is uninsured, then s/he can investigate the PAP (Patient Assistance Program). There's info about it in the LINKS section of our forum.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I used the RB manufacturer discount coupon at WalMart and it went thru fine and dandy. It took 50% off the cost of the Films. There are Provisions so be warned, you can ONLY use this coupon ONCE a Month. It is easier for me to buy my Films each week but it will save a TON of money if I buy all my films for the month at once. My first weeks Films when I first used the coupon was 14 qty - 8mg films for $62.00 which equates to aprox $4.29 / 8mg film. There is also a Doctor Assisted program from RB Manufacturer that you might want to ask your Doctor about. I believe each Doctor can have 2 patients on this program from the RB Manufacturer. Hope this helps.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

One day - you're speaking of the Patient Assistance Program through RB. Each doctor gets 3 patients on the program at a time and it's for uninsured patients. There's info about it under the "Links" section of the forum.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:22 am 
New Poster
New Poster

This is really amazing information...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:44 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hmmm its quite an interesting information...............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ive used one of those discount cards for the films and it took off a whopping 4.00. Ive not tried using a discount card for the pills because Im afraid that it wont take anything at all off, and then you cant use the coupon from RBs Suboxone website with the generics. The only reason that I havent tried the generic tablets is because the cost of the first 14 for two weeks is kinda cheap and I dont think that I can get the tablets that cheap anywhere. I did however do a GoodRx.com search and it says that Walgreens can get me 30 of the 8mg pills the new generic for 121.00.
Im not sure if they will honor it, but I am going to try and see if they will honor it tomorrow somehow. if I find out anything, I will post and give an update.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:08 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

You can ask your doctor to sign you up for the here2help program and you will receive your suboxone card and you get your medication free for a year

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

First of all, where do I find info on the Patient Assistance Program? I'm new to the site and just learning my way around.

Next, we've tried several different discount cards for Subutex pills. One even dropped it to $1.90 a pill but Walmart quit taking our scripts real fast when we got them that cheap. I think the one I used was from myrxsaver.com We've used a few of them that have worked. I'll compile a list and post it for anyone that could use it. Just give me a day or two.