It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Where are they now?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm not even sure how I ended up taking a look at the topic I'm about to tee-up here, but as I was thinking about it, in the rather short five months that I have been here, it seems like there are a lot of people who have come and gone. Some were only here for a short time, made a post or two, and never came back again. Some others seemed to make multiple posts every day but then one day, without warring, they too are gone. With the deadly disease that addiction is, I certainly hope nothing truly bad has happened to any of these folks. With relapse what it is, I likewise hope that is not the reason for their disappearance.

Anyhow, I used the member database to see who may have gone MIA over the past month or so and here is what I found. If anyone knows about, has heard from, or has any information on any of these folks, it would be great to hear how they are doing. If you should find your name on this list, please catch everyone here up-to-date and let us know how you are doing.

So where are they now? (Screen name followed by last post date)

BigRed - Mar 17
jdhammond1982 - Feb 22
hawker1 - Apr 6
jsp4th - Feb 4
SneakyElephant - Mar 24
ape0567 - Feb 1
sullimi - Mar 2
mwflorida - Mar 27
ratt396 - Mar 30
Mitch - Feb 12
Graced4 - Mar 8
Payton - Jan 11
Suboxone Sucess - Feb 22
four_twenny - Jan 11
An opiate dependent MD - Mar 4
Morningglory - Mar 6
lifesaver - Mar 27
slyn11 - Feb 23
IrishSubs35 - Feb 21
Schrodinger's Cat - April 5
Joe McPlumber - Mar 24
jenealle - Mar 21

Those are the recent ones that had at least 25 posts up until their recent departure. Is anyone from this list still out there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I haven't talked to Big Red, but I know the last time he went MIA it was due to his back problems. Hopefully he and all the others are OK.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for doing this.........I really hope some of them come back. It is just like AA we see them come for a while then they get back problems.....they get their car back......their job back.....the wife back....the kids back...and then they are gone. I hate this disease...I really do. I do hope some of them see this post and just respond by say I am alive because I do think of them........especially that young gir I can't remember her name I think Twanya..or something like that ...she was so happy to get on sub but was still with her man that was using and she was really coming alive....Where did she go??Again thanks for noticing........

Jim

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:12 pm 
Yes...thanks donh. I've been wondering the same thing. I hope that a lot of these people are just busy living their lives and don't have time to post. Maybe some of them were fortunate enough to have gotten on Suboxone in time to salvage their career, family, etc. I can almost promise you that if I still had my career, I wouldn't be posting nearly as often as I still do! Oh well.....no sense going there. I can't go back.
If you guys are still out there....take a second and let us know how you're doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:30 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi donh, and moderators -

I bumped into this thread and find it VERY INTERESTING.

I'm wondering if you were to put a different title on the thread - maybe something like - Members CHECK HERE...

The reason I say this, is that I have had a rough couple weeks. I have logged in and looked around, but I don't typically check this category as much as others. If I am short on time, I usually only see the top few categories and check for 'new' status.

I also just checked this thread out of curiosity as I really respect donh.

What do you think? Maybe in the introductions or somewhere like that - to catch the eye - and a title that would make a returning member think to open it?

--LD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Donh! I am still here and doing very well. Over 1 year now no relapse (thanks suboxone). Yeah!!! I feel it is time to start stepping down to come off the suboxone. I wasn't sure if that day would ever come for me, but who knows I may still change my mind. I have gone from 8mg daily to 4 mg no problem. Hope to go lower this week. Even though I haven't been here as much lately I want you (and everyone else to know) at times you were all I had, and being able to come here and get advice or just a laugh some days really helped.

Wish me luck as I proceed. And as always, I wish everyone success with their sobriety and I'll try not to disappear so long next time. I hope the others come forward and are doing well!

*Christopher Robin to Pooh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:48 am 
Thanks for checking back in with us! Glad you're doing well. My best advice is to take your time with tapering. I'm working on it too, but like you, I'm pretty flexible. When I run into difficulty with a dose reduction, I just back off and slow down. It may turn out that I'm on a tiny bit of Sub for a long time to come. And although I'd probably be a little disappointed, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'd rather do that than go back to Hell again with the full agonists!
Keep letting us know how everything is going!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:47 pm 
Hey everybody!! Im still here. I've been without an internet connection for quite some time now so i havent been able too log on here and post or anything. The 1st of this month made 1 year for me free of drugs of course with the help of suboxone, counseling, my mom and this forum. Its such a great feeling!! Anyways, im out of town and luckily the place im staying at has WiFi so i've been able too log on anytime i want too. I hope everybody else is doing well!! If im not heard of for awhile its because im in the process of getting my internet fixed and until i do i want be able too get on here. Well, take care everybody!! ~PEACE~ :D