It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So I feel like everyone posting on here is JUST starting out, JUST finishing up, already off suboxone, ect. But no real posts from the people that are doing really well on a regular dose everyday with no thoughts as of today to get off of it anytime soon. I know there are more of you out there! HELLO!!! :]

What are YOUR struggles still?

What are YOUR positives and negatives to this long term?

Tell me!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm here and I'm on maintenance. I've been on sub for 3 1/2 years and don't plan on going off it any time soon. There are quite a few of us here who are on maintenance. I'm sure they'll check in and identify themselves. Don't feel alone though, because you're not.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:02 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hi! i am maintenance. been one for almost 3 years, no immediate end in sight. my negatives are that i no longer have health insurance and am in a spot financially. my positives are, i have a great dr, i am doing great, and because of this forum i am taking much less than before. i now realize how silly and pricy it is to take more than needed.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good Evening!!!!!!!! :)

I know what you mean, alot of what gets posted on this forum, is from people who are just starting out. Well, of course its because they have all the questions!!! lol

Anyways, TODAY is actually 14 months for me!!!!!!

Im doing great, and my doctor thinks if IM ever ready, we can discuss me going off sub, but untill I feel ready, he's not pushing it. Im still really afraid of going back to where I was. And I still have hard days, so I KNOW what Id do if I wasnt on suboxone.

Im currently on RB's patient assistance program, my year is up in october, but my doctor and I are going to try and get me approved for another year. But I dont know if it will work. if not thats okay, I will still pay out of pocket like I did the first 6 months.
This has been the BEST 14 months of my life so far, so Im not going to 'fix' something that isnt broken.

The hard part for me rite now, is Looking for that NATURAL high. I want to buy a dirt bike or ATV or something, but IM in the process of buying new teeth, so itll have to wait til thats all over with!! Although, im almost done, my dentures are being made now.

Another challenge, lately is, at 30 years old, Im pretty new at paying bills. sounds dumb I know, but its been a source of stress for me. Im doing "ok" with it. Its just really new, becuz I NEVER paid them before, Id just let everything go til the very last minute!!!

So, please dont feel alone, just like hat said, YOUR DEFINITELY NOT!!!!!

Theres a chat meeting saturday night, that may help you feel a lil better, if you can make it.

Have a great night!!!!!
amber

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello, I too have few thoughts of jumping off anytime soon. This is also my clean date today.17 months. I've been reading so much of this forum and learn more every day thanks to all of you. Also been reading Dr J's blog more these days.I. fairly new here an read others struggles and victories! Suboxone,for me is the cornerstone of my recovery. I've also found the rooms of na, but at times take a hit by addicts who don't understand just what this med is all about.like I've read here,these are tools to recover with. Glad to see this thread come up.I have no idea when I may taper down or jump. Maybe never. My life is back. My induction was simple. Honestly I got lucky with that. Was given 12mgs a day an stared with 4mgs the first night. Woke up feeling great an havnt looked back. I will take suboxone till I change my mind.lol. till then ill just maintane!! Thanks to all. And congrats AMBER. Keep on keepin on.. oh the big negitive for me,cost out of pocket.. could do some tapering, wish for subutex,I know that isn't likely.lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have been on nearly 2 years, and I'd class myself as being on maintenance.

I was hoping I would be tapering by now, but unfortunately I haven't been as well behaved as I thought I would be, so am staying on longer. Ideally would like a good 12 months of being a good boy before tapering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm also maintenance. Been 4 years coming up around July..no plans to discontinue or change anytime soon.

nothing really impacting...gone from having no insurance, no income and on unemployment to my wife getting an excellent job ...insurance that's wonderful..and I get to stay home with kids...

I was on the patient assistance program too...but I want to say...if I remember right, when my year was up that I couldn't get on it again for a certain period of time.

Also, it didn't last a full year (as in, 12 months)...it lasted like 10 months because of how they figure dosing and a year's worth of meds.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:24 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi, been on Suboxone/Subutex for 8 months now. Would classify myself as being on maintenance. I do not have any plans to come off sub in the near future. My struggles are that I have severe constipation from subutex which doesn't make me feel good if you know what I mean. I think the sub also makes me snippy as I am more easily agitated about "stuff" when I am on subutex. Well, at least my wife tells me I am more snippy :) I am on 8mg per day and only take it once a day - at dinner time when I get home from work so I don't have any of the usual side effects during the day while I am at work. Also struggle with the fact my insurance won't cover sub, and I am paying for it out of my own pocket. Oh well, gotta do what you gotta do right?

Positives are many - don't crave Vicodin anymore, don't take Vicodin anymore, have a great job, have a great wife, have a great life that I know I wouldn't have without subutex. Have a very good relationship with my sub dr. Have noticed that subutex relieves some of my chronic pain. Not all of it, but some of it and I will take whatever I can get in that area :)

Hope this helps! Looking forward to hearing from you and others.

Take care,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

timstspry wrote:
I have severe constipation from subutex which doesn't make me feel good if you know what I mean. ,

Metamucil will fix that. I took it every day and it made me normal again.

-gb

Post subject: Lot's of us
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:14 pm 

You asked and you received. There are many maintenance people here including myself who have no immediate plans to taper and jump. I am currently on 6mg's per day. I used to dose once per day but now I dose twice. Why? Because I ended up in a very painful situation and got in the habit of it and now it seems like I don't want to go back to once a day. So that is one negative about it. Another negative is having surgery. In order to find pain relief a person needs to do a lot of research to find the best way for them. For me it was tapering down to 1mg and switching over to opiates. That plan didn't work so well until almost two weeks later when I finally got some pain relief. But at the same time I preferred to be on my Sub so I switched right back.

The positives are obvious. No cravings for opiate pain medication. Being stable and feeling pretty darn good everyday. My wife says she likes me better on Suboxone but I reminded her it's been over 10 years since she has seen me not on any drug at all. But still, it sounded good.

Another good thing is my friends here. This forum has helped me in numerous ways I can't begin to explain. Stick around and you'll find out yourself.

My ultimate goal is to be off the Suboxone eventually but not in the near future so I don't really think about it. I have a great doctor who will support my decision either way. That rocks.

So there you have it. Lots of maintenance people here at your service.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

maintenance here to'. and it kinda sucks. "BUT" way'r are we when we do not have maintanance control".
say, on or off suboxone? as we are having problems with using we get out of control of it. and with not much
clean time, we can get hurt and in to trouble. i don't like the suboxone'. but it has helped me maintain a more
responsible and more constructive life.
i still have bad day's and blame subs for it. but then i look back on every thing i would not have if i was not in the maintanance
program :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:13 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I too am on maintance with no immediate plans to start to taper yet. I need to find the balls to at least start tapering because I've learned that my dose is probably more than i need at this point (8mg twice daily) since i am not a pain patient. I have enjoyed all the good things with suboxone, esp no cravings or relapses and like Timstspry (and probably many others) i too have become a little snippy and constapated but these are issues i welcome compared to the issues i had during my very active addiction. I know i would feel better both physicaly and mentally if i would make a lil progress towards dropping my dose but "something" also derails me... i know these are only excuses,like the ones i gave myself when i was on my doc..so any pep talk or advice on how to make that first dose drop would be much appreciated! Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:04 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Dice, I too was on 16mg per day and tapered just fine down to 8mg per day. The way I did it, which may not work for everyone, is I just kept cutting doses by 4mg. For one to two weeks I went from 16mg per day down to 12mg per day. Did not notice any negative affects. So, after that amount of time I went from 12mg per day to 8mg per day for one to two weeks before staying at 8mg per day, once a day which is where I am at now and have been for at least 3 months. No issues, no worries - everything seems to be working fine.

I hope this works for you. As an added caveat, I am very sensitive to medications as I got violently ill on suboxone and had ti switch to subutex. So, I am thinking that if I could taper the way I did with my high sensitivity, it will probably work for others.

Hope it does for you!

Take care and good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm on maintenance 6mg a day.

This is my third time on Suboxone and Nov 23rd will be 2 years.

Each of the previous two times I relapsed. Once after weeks, once after months. I also relasped after a 5 week in patient treatment after 6 months going to meetings. The craving never left. The desire never left.

I have proven 3 times that I WILL go use again without the help of this medication. I don't plan on proving it a 4th time.

You know what though, for almost 2 years my life came back. I'd like to keep it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:47 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Great reply MrMatt. I agree completely!!!!!

Post subject: maintenance here too
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:23 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

coming up on 3 years. really no major problems with the sub. it passifies my inner beast we call addiction. I have proven to myself that I will never make it on my own, atleast not by common means and cant afford to risk a relapse even one more time. 42 yo and been addicted to 1 thing or another since my teens so I screwed up the wiring along time ago. My only 2 choices are sub for the foreseeable future or ibogaine which I am considering in the near future.