It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay, so I have been on .5 mg for a few weeks now and am ready to go lower, should I take half my dose every 12 hours? When I was on methadone I did NOT split my dosage, I took the full dose early in the morning but with suboxone I seem to do better on a split dosage. I have already talked to my doctor and he told me to do what I feel most comfortable doing, split dosage is fine but I would like to hear from some people who actually have done or are doing it. I have been taking .25 mg twice a day and am wondering if I should continue the twice daily routine or just go to once a day? Thoughts anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I did and found it helped. I was more easily able to take less in the am, if I knew I'd be getting a bit of relief later and able to sleep. The worst part of tapering (for me) was being too uncomfortable at night. However, you're at such a low dose already, I don't have experience at that low of a dose. I didn't make it below 1mg. Hopefully others will chime in who have experience split dosing on such a low amount.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I started suboxone on 2 mg a day on Feb 26th but only did that much for 9 days then went down to 1 mg then down to .5 mg now wondering if the last little bit I should go down .063 mgs a week as suggested by alot of people on this forum or stick to my taper schedule that my doctor "guarantees that I will have no withdrawal symptoms" if I use it. It seems to me that if I continue to cut my dosage by half the chance of withdrawal is greater than if I cut it by .063 a week although by using the dr's method I will be off suboxone on May 15th and the other way will take 7 more weeks. Decisions, decisions!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Linda, I'm glad your taper is working out! My recommendation is to keep taking your doses twice a day. It helps to consistently keep the Suboxone in your body while you taper. I tapered that way and it worked out great for me.

I don't know where you are currently at with your Suboxone dosage, but I would continue to taper down and drop by .063mg until you get to .063mg. What's another 7 more weeks when your withdrawals will be far less when you jump at .063mg. That's when I jumped and was uncomfortable for 3 days and started to feel normal after that. Having some confirm meds help. Clonidine always works wonders and I took that for the first few nights.

Keep us updated!

RXFCG