It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: When I've Stopped.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When I've stopped and I feel a craving, will I crave subutex or my previous DOC?

Now this next question is possibly very stupid, I have a feeling that is the case, hence my running it by y'all rather than just going ahead with my "plan".

My thought was...when I was well clear of the sub, not having had any in my system for a while, and say for example I was having bad cravings -so bad that I had decided to use again. As a LAST, LAST, LAST RESORT, what do you think about taking some Subutex? That way it should scratch the itch and give me a few days where the full agonist drugs won't work to hopefully get my head straight?

Also, I didn't ever get any buzz from them - would that he a risk if I had been clean for a while?

And please remember, I did mention at the beginning that I thought I was probably being a wee bitty stupid with this, so don't be too hard on me :roll: :D

Thanky - K

Last edited by Kanzeon on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: When I've Stopped.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Here is my only thought. We will probably face random cravings from time to time throughout our lives. We need to have coping skills in place to help us deal with them. Cravings don't last. They pass. I would hate to see you get trapped on a roller coaster of taking subs every time you experience a craving, then jump off subs, return to subs, wash, rinse, repeat.

If you find yourself so overwhelmed that you have your mind made up to use, then it is better to go back on subs for awhile while you fine tune your recovery and maybe do some cognitive behavior therapy and learn how to deal with cravings in adrug free way. We have a way of talking ourselves into things we dont really need. If you're sitting around bored, have a random thought to get high, then run to the subs and take one, you might get stuck on the hamster wheel. If you learn to recognize a craving for what it is, actively assess the situation and realize boredom is a trigger, you can work on filling that down time of boredom with healthy alternatives.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

They have naloxone shots i believe. If its not naloxone, its very similar. It would take cravings away. Just a thought. Each shot lasts a month.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi KZ; If you're thinking about keeping drugs around to deal with cravings, are you sure you're committed to get off Subs? Everyone has anxiety about going drug free, and there will be challenges to face for sure.

Do you have any sort of support system in place?

What's your experience with addiction; have you tried to quit drugs before, without success?

-- ji

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is why I'm asking now. Also why I preempted the question as I did.

I only went onto Subutex to get me off the pills. It holds no joy for me. I wondered if what I suggested was a method people used in the early days, though even to me it sounded a bit iffy.

I can just get rid of what I have as they are always available through proper channels should I fall...I very much doubt that as I have a good recovery plan in place.

I will be DAMNED if I am going through any more of this carry on - getting way too old. It took me years to get off the booze, and along with a few other bits and bobs I have got sorted over the last few years, this will be the last madness I need to put to bed.

No, Subutex has just given me the space to get myself sorted. Not long and I will be off it. Thanks for the advice.
Pretty much what I expected!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow be careful of that molly stuff! I got curious so searched it online. Do you know how many people have died while on it? Scary stuff.

sorry, this was posted on the wrong thread. Derp.

Last edited by trainer14 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:03 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I hope when those days come for you, that you will be able to resist. Once you’ve been clean a long time, the hardest thing to do is maintain that beautiful symbiotic state.

The moment you give in, the damage to your psyche is done. I’m recovering now from a relapse - was 19 months clean and in the best shape of my life when I lost control and scratched that itch. The ability to resist itching became harder and harder after each consecutive scratch, so did the ability to maintain. But life is good, and I’ve started to climb back up the mountain. It sucks when you fall, but; never, ever, give up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Kanzeon, when I got off Suboxone and cravings did hit, it was for my DOC, never for Suboxone.

As for what to do if cravings do get out of control and you think using is imminent; you've already got some good advice on how to deal with those cravings.....but if shit gets too much, I'd rather see you take some Suboxone than go back to your DOC.

BTW, I don't think your question was dumb at all. I think it was a really good question.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Romeo, Swoooolf!

Sitting in the pharmacy now with pills under tongue like a bad boy.

Feeling s,s,s,slim-shady. Hate this slow turning of the knife.

MILD discomfort.

MILD depression.

MILD aches...well, not so mild.

And big king sweaty Betty. I'd rather TAKE THE PAIN and get it over with!

Ho-hum...