It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

:idea: Hi, guys! I was very curious to see what is the best & most effective times to take your suboxone doses. Currently, I take 2mg when I wake up in the morning, & 1 or 2 mg when I am getting ready for bed. I was curious to know what you think would be the most effective. Would it work better if I did all 4mg at once? Maybe if I did four 1mg doses spread throughout the day? So far, it seems that, for me at least, dosing in the morning and before bed works best for me. I am curious to hear your opinions! I have an idea to only have to dose once a day, 2 or 3 mg, probably in the middle of the day or afternoon, so I still have no issues sleeping.
Would I be benefit from doing it at a different time or all at once? Or is staying on the morning/bedtime split dosing plan the best idea?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can't recall right off hand Visa, if you are taking bupe for pain issues as well as opioid addiction issues, but the multiple times per day dosing is usually what people who use sub for pain control say works best for them, however if you take sub solely for addiction, it's usually considered best to dose only once per day to help extinguish the addict behavior of dosing multiple times per day in response to feeling a need or craving to take something like we did in active addiction. if the latter is the case and you're having trouble getting down to only one dose per day, you could try the distraction method. it is described in detail at http://www.suboxonetalkzone.com, but the basic idea is that when you feel like taking something, try immediately doing something, anything else, walk the dog, wash the dishes, listen to music, play with the kids, anything else to take your mind off the desire to take that extra dose, and within fifteen minutes or so the craving will pass. if you practice this method for several days, the desire for an additional dose should subside, and dosing only once should become routine.
to answer your question of when and how often, I personally dose once per day, in the morning, while getting ready for work. some people say that if they dose too close to bedtime that it keeps them awake or makes them feel hyper or speedy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:49 pm 

Hi VB,

Are you not under a doctors care for the Suboxone? If so, you should have been told how to dose when they first got you induced onto it.

My doctor was very specific. Dose once a day at 9-10 AM. Some pain issues have come up in the last couple of years so now I do what you do. One 2 mg strip in the morning, the other about 4-5 PM. I am seriously thinking about getting back to once per day because I felt better on it. It is just a matter of doing it. Don't think about it, just do it and the mind will follow.

What you are doing is fine as long as you're comfortable with it. We normally don't advise taking a dose close to bedtime due to vivid dreaming that can occur. That, and insomnia with it. The Suboxone stays in your system for a very long time. I put off this mornings dose until after noon because I ran some errands and forgot to bring it. It felt like I had dosed anyway. Strange drug.

Welcome to the forum. Pull up a chair and sit awhile.....

rule

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

rule62 wrote:
Hi VB,

Are you not under a doctors care for the Suboxone? If so, you should have been told how to dose when they first got you induced onto it.

My doctor was very specific. Dose once a day at 9-10 AM. Some pain issues have come up in the last couple of years so now I do what you do. One 2 mg strip in the morning, the other about 4-5 PM. I am seriously thinking about getting back to once per day because I felt better on it. It is just a matter of doing it. Don't think about it, just do it and the mind will follow.

What you are doing is fine as long as you're comfortable with it. We normally don't advise taking a dose close to bedtime due to vivid dreaming that can occur. That, and insomnia with it. The Suboxone stays in your system for a very long time. I put off this mornings dose until after noon because I ran some errands and forgot to bring it. It felt like I had dosed anyway. Strange drug.

Welcome to the forum. Pull up a chair and sit awhile.....

rule

I do have a doctor. Oh, I know all about how I am told to dose by my doctor. One 8mg strip a day. I am curious to see how users decide to dose, because I put more weight on experience from the users rather than just what the doctors tell everybody. I honestly don't trust my doctor too much. She prescribes my dose and makes her money. Thats about it. I have never taken my full dose. I don't take any more than 4mg that a day. 2mg in the morning, 2mg before bed. I need a dose before sleep in order to sleep. Insomnia is only something I get when I don't dose, and I have never had any memorable dreams. I also enjoy my morning doses to help with morning pains and to give me some energy.