It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: When dose it end?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Everyone, it's Queenie. I can't begin to tell you what an ordeal I am going through. I pray none of you have to go through it. I have been on & off of Subs for the last 2 months. I had an amputation on April 13th. by April 30th. I went back to subs. Had an infection in may had a painful Debridement. went back to opiates. Went back on subs the end of May. 2 days ago I woke up to horrible pain. Went to the E.R. another infection. I am back on opiates. I am so depressed because the times I have been happy are the times on Subs. Please keep me in your prayers and remember life is better on subs. My love to all my old friends and to you new guys. Hang in there and stay on your subs.

Love, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quennie I am so sorry to hear you are not felling well I know what it is like to be pain but I cannot put myself in your spot you have been through a lot. But my prayers are with you every night you don’t have to worry about that just said one now.

As of what you are going through I am not Dr But I think you should talk to your Suboxone Dr about Methadone. I currently made the switch and my life is so much better that pain is tolerable and I am happy. But I cannot imagine how hard it is to detox withdrawal than do it all over again I think that would make things worst pain wise but more so mentally. You need to be in the right mind to beat this and high stress levels def will not help. But with methadone you are still in recovery but more so you are getting true pain relief and you don’t have to keep switching drugs one month than do the same thing the next. You can stay on methadone when things are going good or when things are not going so good which would def make your life much easier and you need/deserve some relaxed and peaceful times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey queenie - my you've been through a lot. But you should be very proud of yourself. You've been back and forth on full agonists for the pain, but your recovery is still intact. That's what I would worry about if it were me. So pat yourself on the back. You're doing great! And I hope you feel better soon. Hang tough.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: thank you
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you Hat, coming from you it means a lot. These are very difficult times. Yet I hope everyone on Suboxone stays on it if they have a choice. I was serious when I said that the happiest times for me have been when I have been on suboxone. Bless you and again, thank you for taking the time to write to me. Queenie

Post subject: Bless you
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you Bboy, I sure do need those prayers. I will speak to my Sub doctor about what you said. I am willing to try anything. Listen, you take care of yourself. Do the right thing. Don't let anything make you go on the wrong path. Promise? O.K. Big hug, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Queenie, I have followed everything you have been through, and I'm so sorry that you suffered so much. I've noticed some of the comments you have left for others here, and it sounds like you are keeping a positive outlook despite the adversity. But I can understand how when it's one thing after another, after another, that can really wear you down. I know what you mean about the Sub. When I was put on pain pills for a couple of weeks I thought it was like a doctor approved ticket to use. But it just wasn't good. The meds never gave me that good feeling that I used to chase after, and it was truly a relief to get back on my Sub and feel normal again.
I have a strong feeling that the worst of it is over for you. The major surgeries are done, you WILL overcome the infection and be on the road to healing. Spring is here and I hope you can get outside and soak in some sun. I think of you often and I will continue to hold you in my prayers.
Blessings,
Lilly

Post subject: How sweet
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dear, sweet Lillyval, I can always count on you to give me words of encouragement. God bless you. I keep a positive outlook because I refuse to give up. I want to see my grandsons graduate from college and doggone it, I will be there. Can't wait to get back on Subs & feel normal. I see you know what I mean. So glad I came upon this forum & people like you that make it special.

Love & hugs, Queenie