It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font] I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am to have found this forum. I have been on Suboxone for about 2 1/2 years. I started on a very high dose (by my doctors recommendation) about 64 mg. per day. I had no idea how high a dose that was or how dangerous it was. I remained on that high of a dose for about 6 months. Then I wend down , slowly, to 32 mg. I remained there for another year. After a scare with my insurance company I went down drastically to 8 mg per day for the next 6 months. Over the last 6 months I have dropped down to about 1.5 mg per day and some days 2 mg. Depending on how I feel. This week I decided I want off this drug for good. I want nothing more in this world. I've got a good idea of how to decrease my dose and I'm aware of the 36 hour half life of the drug. My question is when do I jump off? I tried to jump off about 18 months ago at 8 mg. That was a disaster to say the least. I really didn't understand what it was going to take to quit. As a matter of fact my doctor always told me it would be no big deal to quit. It was going to be mildly discomforting at worst. lol, boy was that a bit understated. I would really appreciate any advice on reduction scheduling and when/how to jump off and survive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi.

Where do I begin??

Well, 64mg is just way too much!!!! 32mg is high, but some people are on that. But I never heard of 64mg. How long does it take in a day to dissolve 8--8mg pills under your tounge?!? Geez! I am not picking on you, but would love to ask your doctor what he/she was doing!!

I read that you are at a much lower dose, which is great! Why do you want to come off anyway? Maybe 2mg per day is a good dose for you to maintain on? If you want off and are ready to come off thats fine! The best way for that is the Liquid Taper Method.

Me personaly plan to stay on suboxone for some time yet. Maybe it would benefit you to do the same? Of course you have your reasons for why you are coming off but just wanted to ask them few questions. I hope you are still doing well and am curious to see how things worked out! Thanks

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali