It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What the heck is this weired smell I keep hearing about when people jump off subs... Am I getting this too? I have been smelling this, almost, floral, rose perfumey smell. IDK how to explain it, but I can not find where it is coming from......... Romeo? LT???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It almost smells like Nivea hand lotion, but I don't have any

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:16 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Am new here, but went through sever w/d from sub, I did not taper slowly enough although it seems it is still pretty bad no matter what you. I am on 3mg now and will be jumping in the next month. When I was there before in w/d but not mentally ready or armed with things as I will be this time, I had a few different smells, a sweet weird one, a sour something and almost a moldy one too. Very weird. How long off are you, what was your dose, what symptoms to you have now, what do you have to help (your w/d plan)?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hahahaha, yep, the old nose has gone screwy on ya, eh!! I got those smells stuck in my nose so bad that I ended up cleaning and cleaning my nose and I even put a little bleach up there one time, it didn't work!! Sometimes the smell was halfway pleasant, but most times it was not a pleasant smell.

I remember one member a while back put cherry chapstick in her nose to combat the issue.

I really don't have any explanation as to why we get the smells, but most of us who have come off of Suboxone have experienced it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

wow chapstick....Clever... I like cherry chapstick! Lol
I have not jumped off subs. I am at .125 daily, that is 1/4 mg. I plan to split my dose into 2 equal doses (am & pm ) then stabelize then skip my eve dose every other night till I no longer feel I need it then I will be at .0625. I plan to stabelize on that dose and either jump or split that dose into 2 equal doses and so on.......That is my plan... I have been tapering for over 5 months steady now and I have been sick and tired, tired & sick... but I have a method to my madness and I will keep ya posted on the outcome......
But this smell thing will drive me nuts BC I am ALREADY funky about smells.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sweet16 wrote:
wow chapstick....Clever... I like cherry chapstick! Lol
I have not jumped off subs. I am at .125 daily, that is 1/4 mg. I plan to split my dose into 2 equal doses (am & pm ) then stabelize then skip my eve dose every other night till I no longer feel I need it then I will be at .0625. I plan to stabelize on that dose and either jump or split that dose into 2 equal doses and so on.......That is my plan... I have been tapering for over 5 months steady now and I have been sick and tired, tired & sick... but I have a method to my madness and I will keep ya posted on the outcome......
But this smell thing will drive me nuts BC I am ALREADY funky about smells.....

I don't know how to describe it. It is a smell and a feeling together. It smells like something but it also feels like your nose is acting screwy. I think the smell changes but the feeling doesn't, so you recognize it later when it comes back, even if a different smell is stuck in your nose. It's very weird. I put Ivory soap on my nostrils. Whatever works!!

LT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The longest I was off was 10 days. I dont remember any weird smells, but I do remember my senses being much stronger. My sense of smell, touch, my vision. Emotions, Of course :shock:

Im interested in hearing more about this