It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What is your Suboxone and or Methadone dose and why?

I'm more so starting this thread to understand why we are on the doses we are? I myself am on 170mgs of methadone a day and to most that may sound high. but the reason I'm on such a high dose is because of my pain issues. So over time and increases I found a dose that keeps my pain under control as well my mental addictions under control. Which is how I ended up at this dose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hi Bboy...I am on 20mg of suboxone. 8 in the morning, 8 in the afternoon, and 4 in the evening. I too dose for pain issues as well as addiction. This was the dose we settled on to control both. [/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

8mg of Sub, 4mg morning and 4mg evening. For me really it's about finding a balance between minimising side-effects and minimising cravings. If I increase my dose of Sub cravings fade but side-effects increase. It's early days for me on 8mg, so we'll just have to see how we go. But I wouldn't be going down any further any time soon.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm on Suboxone for pain management as well as addiction, so I'm at a pretty high dose (16 mg, split up as 4 mg four times throughout the day). I work incredibly long hours and this has really helped me get through it. I have Crohn's disease, so the pain I experience is in my guts and in my joints, as arthritis is a common problem of Crohn's patients. While most people don't like how Suboxone causes constipation, that's actually a plus for me, as it has helped me be more mobile, whereas before I was afraid to leave the house a lot of the time.

Before Suboxone, I was taking oxycodone, and it helped with my Crohn's. But it worked too well, which is how I got hooked. I was on oxycodone for a couple of years and only came to Suboxone when I had hit rock bottom. Had I known how great it would end up being for me, I would have switched over long before (and saved myself a lot of money). But I'm just glad I managed to get here at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was on sub maintenance for two and a half years at 8mg once per day for addiction purposes. I was hooked on dilaudid/whatever I could find for about 8 years before that. I also was a bad daily drinker for 10 years prior to sub. That 8mg dose worked like a charm & knocked out my cravings and also along with meetings I believe it helped me to stop drinking too. After that 2.5 years on 8mg I felt ready to start tapering my sub and since January I have got down to approx .2mg now. Going down further, as low as i can go, don't care how long it takes. no rush, I drop the dose when I'm ready. Tapering has been easy but when I was at 8mg one thing I loved was that I could lay down and fall asleep in about 30 seconds. Now it takes me about an hour to fall asleep with valerian & melatonin on board. Been like that ever since i got to about 1mg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

GREAT JOB, glen bee!!!!

you really ARE doing excellent.

So's everybody else!!! really!!!

So, I take 16mg a day,,, pretty regularly. Id say 3 times a week I take 24mg. Im perscribed 24,, but I'll be paying outta pocket again starting in two weeks, so Im totally ready to go down to 12mg, with 16mg when I need it.

Im dosing of course first for addiction, and pain as well. I work in a door/trim shop, and Im in a paint booth most of the day, standing on the concrete. Some days, my back hurts so bad I have nerve pain that goes down both my legs, all the way to my foot in one side. And dont even get me started about how I walk like an old football player 5 days outta the week. My doctor just started me on nuerontin, well the generic. I cant spell it!!
Anyways, that's helping a LITTLE. but, It sorta makes me sick. he says I need to 'work up to it' but I dont know. I take it kind of 'as needed' right now.

another issue Im battling right now, is I have adhd, pretty bad. I have had it my whole life, obviously. When I was younger I was on ritalin, and in my 20s, adderall. And, I dont remember ever abusing it per say. When I was young, I DID abuse it by giving it to my friends, but that was like jr high.
But, I mean as far as adderal being a stimulant, I never abused it. It never FELT like a stimulant to me.
Im planning on talking to my doctor when I see him at the end of the month about going on something to help with adhd.
It doesnt have to be adderal, but in MY opinion, if I had something to HELP with adhd,
I wouldnt take as much suboxone. Sometimes I feel like Im trying to get rid of THOSE symptoms ,,, with suboxone.

and I know thats NOT the answer. but it is how I feel.
Ive already talked to my therapist, we worked on many things, having to do with ADHD.
the last thing she said about it was I NEED to talk to my doctor. she would have written me an Rx, but becuase of the whole 'addiction'' issue, she'd rather I get it from my suboxone doctor.

So, on goes the battle.
I hope to get my dose down to 8mg/day. Paying for 30 strips a month, would be totally easy to deal with. Alot easier than 90, lets put it that way :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

On 1mg of sub once a day......going to try .5 mg tonight.....can always take a .25mg piece in morning if I don't feel good in morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh...and the why is because I want to get off this stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I take 16 mg of suboxone per day (8 mg in the morning and 8mg in the evening). I am on it for addiction, I have a high tolerance as I was shooting tons of opanas, dilaudids, morphine pills, and heroin before I was put on the suboxone. I used to take 8 mg per day but it was wearing off and I was waking up feeling like shit the following morning. Then, my doctor put me on 24 mg per day (an 8 mg in the morning, an 8 mg in the afternoon, and an 8mg in the evening). However, I was having such bad constipation that I tried taking only 16 mg per day to see if that would cut it -and it did. I can actually shit on 16 mg per day of suboxone -and it still gets the job done.

PS- I also have moderate back pain and the subs help with that a little.

PSS- Does anyone else find that subs give you WORSE constipation than full agonists like morphine and heroin???