It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just like the title says what do you want out of your dose? You can be on methadone or suboxone, and using it for pain, addiction or both. Just share what your maintenance dose is and what you want to get or aspect to get out of it.

I myself am on 130mg of methadone for pain and addiction. There are many things I want out of this dose the main things being to control my pain levels, no cravings, no WDs till the next dose, a blocking affect to give me peace of mind knowing a relapse would be pointless and the drugs would not work saving me money, time and my life. To continue a healthy recovery and to be able to miss a dose if I have to and not let that ruin my day.

Got to run I wll share more about what I want out of my dose tomorrow but fell free to post an dlet us know what you want from these medications.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So what I am getting at with this thread is to really dig deep into your dose and really ask yourself what you want out of it. Just like my 1st post just go over the simple things you want from it and if you want to get deeper into this topic please do.

Like I mention above those of course are the main points I want out of 130mg of methadone. But overall I really just want to be able to live a normal life again and getting that from my dose is a key point to a successful recovery for me!

Post subject: My Dose
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:57 pm 

For me, it is only to get me clean and sober. For pain I take Advil and or Tylenol. It does kill my cravings and I am grateful for that. But the only reason I got on Suboxone was to be able to get some time behind me and taper and be clean again for the first time in over 10 years.

Not much I guess. If it gave me a good buzz I'd never be able to get off it.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: My Dose
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rule62 wrote:
For me, it is only to get me clean and sober. For pain I take Advil and or Tylenol. It does kill my cravings and I am grateful for that. But the only reason I got on Suboxone was to be able to get some time behind me and taper and be clean again for the first time in over 10 years.

Not much I guess. If it gave me a good buzz I'd never be able to get off it.

Man I wish I could deal with my pain with OTC stuff if I did not have these stupid injuries I would have been off this crap a long time ago. I mean that is all I thought about during the taper and WDs I went through to start methadone. I could not stop thinking about how nice it would be to just bite the bullet and stop everything all together. I really wish I could have done that and seen just how long I could of made it that is till I realized how much pain I was in lol.

But yea I don’t think anyone could get off these drugs if it gave you a buzz. But at the same time these 2 drugs would be meaningless if they did because well let’s face facts we’ve mine as just stayed on opiates if that was the case. That is actually the hard part for many people they finally quit opiates start done or subs at first get high from it than all the sudden the harsh reality sets in no more getting high ever again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Suboxone doesn't seem to help me with pain. I still have arthritis in my shoulders, headaches, and all the other aches and pains.

I spent some time thinking about this question. I am of the group that thinks this drug is a miracle. The biggest thing I get out of my subs is security. When i am on it, I KNOW I am going to remain sober. I've been sober before, but I never trusted myself to stay that way. I knew that a really strong craving could come along one day and lead me back to my DOC. Being secure in my sobriety allows me to have everything else, the life that I was meant to live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What did I WANT from my Suboxone dose, well, I was hoping that it would magically make me 6'1" tall, that it would make me better looking, I was hoping to get filthy rich by taking Suboxone, Hmmmm.....the ability to fly would have been awesome too, BUT none of that shit happened!!! WTF??

What Suboxone DID do for me was to eliminate any opiate cravings I had, it allowed me to live clean. It allowed me to live free from active/destructive addiction long enough to where I felt I could get my legs under me and give life a shot without ANY opiates, including Suboxone.

Basically, Suboxone did exactly what I wanted it to do......except for giving me the ability to fly.....I'm still kinda bummed out about that part!! LOL!!