It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've been on Suboxone 10 years now.I used to take Klonopin for anxiety it worked but due to age and I it started making me too tired I stopped taking Klonopin.

I usually get a rise in anxiety after I dose,it can last a few hours sometimes longer and it's starting to effect my hunger,sleep and I find depression is now starting up again.

The reason I ask the lifers is I'm guessing your time on Suboxone might be close to the same and you may have found certain anti-depressants that work or agree with Suboxone more than others.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi ToS; Speaking personally, I don't want to start using another drug to help me get off Suboxone, because then I will just need to go through the same mental cr*p down the road when it comes time to get off the drug that I would be using to get off Suboxone.

I'm 54 years old, and I went through about 10 years of alcoholism and IV heroin use (plus IV cocaine use during the final two years). Then I was on methadone for eight years.

I'm in my final weeks of Suboxone use (just went down to .75 mg/day), and I've been experiencing tons of grief, anger, etc. on a daily basis. It's years worth of emotions that I did not allow myself to feel at the time, while I was using opiates, and I think there's no way around having to experience these emotions now (plus the fear associated with shedding the narcotic shell that I've been living in).

I'm committed to getting totally clean, because I believe that's my only chance for any real joy and freedom. Going through the current emotional stuff is what will allow me to get there, there's just no easy way around it.

But I'm just speaking for myself, you have to make your own decisions.

-- JI

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you tried decreasing the amount of Suboxone you take? Many people who taper report feeling much better on lower doses.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm mainly curious if there might be an anti-depressant that works better with Suboxone than others.
My anxiety does rise after dosing it always has and I'd thought there might be others who might have the same problem.
I usually don't plan for the future,but I'm having to make a few choices and changes that will have life long consequences.No matter how many ways I approach problem,the same choice in this case just makes more and more sense.
I sometimes doubt myself but I know if I don't follow through I'm just making it harder on myself later.Also all my health care providers agree and in fact are highly encouraging me.Also if I don't act now I may not get this chance again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Not sure if you'll find this useful, but I'm going to try L-Tyrosine, based on a recommendation from someone else on this forum. L-Tyrosine can be found in a pharmacy/health store vitamin section, and is said to be helpful in terms of moderate depression, drowsiness and mental fuzziness.

I can vouch for the 'drowsiness' part; I bought a bottle of L-Tyrosine yesterday, and took 1,000 mg late last nite. I hardly slept a wink.

Check out http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1037-TYROSINE.aspx?activeIngredientId=1037&activeIngredientName=TYROSINE

-- JI

tiredofsuboxone wrote:
I'm mainly curious if there might be an anti-depressant that works better with Suboxone than others....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You could try nootropics such as noopept, aniracetam, or piracetam. I did a ton of research before I tried these nootropics and they are proven to be safe and non addictive. I know from personal experience that they work for depression and anxiety. I was going through withdrawals from benzodiazepines 3 years ago and could barely function. I tried noopept at that time and I could not believe how it made me feel normal, and I was able to focus at work! Good luck on finding something that works for you because I am a true believer in chemical imbalances of the brain and some people need do need better living through chemistry!