It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: What do you think????
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So today at the clinic I had to wait 20 minutes before I could dose because they had to do a bottle change. Anyways every Thursday are when new patients come in and try to get into the clinic. So I was talking with this girl she was about my age and we were just talking about the clinic what methadone is like than got into our addictions and DOC and what not. So I told her my story and she than began to tell me about hers and when she brought up her DOC she told me she got into a car accident when she was younger and got a neck injury and for the past 5 years she has been on 4 7.5 hydrocodones a day for the whole time since her accident. And was telling me she can’t get off the pain pills no matter what she tries and was hoping maybe methadone would work. I don’t know what the DR will say but I really hope for her sake he says no. I don’t ever want someone to be addicted to opiates but in my eyes she would just be taking a step up in opiates and making a small addiction into something much worst I mean she is stepping into the belly of beast with this switch if she is accepted into the clinic.

And I just wonder what you think? Wouldn’t switching to methadone from 28mgs of hydrocodone make things much worst for her than help her? I mean I wanted to tell her try suboxone first but she was so happy to be at the clinic because she has been waiting for 6 months on the waiting list. and i didnt want to ruin her natural high of the thought of finally gettig clean after several failed attempts. But the meth DR like i said before also runs his own Suboxone practice so maybe she might just luck out and not start methadone for such a small addiction.

Post subject: 2 years
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

five year's". that is a long time to me. 30 to 60 mg oxycontin 2 years for me! i think she should go on with the treatment.
dude" here i am at 16mg sub for 15 months.

Post subject: overkill?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sounds like overkill to me too, but of course I have no way of knowing this person's entire story. Just, hopefully she has some idea of how strong methadone is. I'd feel the same reluctance if she were trying to get on suboxone. But...everyone is different, and hopefully the doctor at the clinic will have good advice for her. I can sure see why you think it sounds like it might not be a good step though.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That seems like overkill to me too. Even Suboxone seems like overkill for a habit like that. If she is able to keep her useage down to 4 pills a day...as opposed to taking all of them in the first week of her prescription and then having to suffer or buy more illegally, then she doesn't even really seem like an addict. Just dependent.

She seems like a good candidate for just trying to go cold-turkey with some good comfort meds OR a very short, fast taper with Suboxone. Putting someone with that small of a habit on replacement seems wrong to me, based on what you've told us about the situation.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I fell the same way as you guys do methadone for a 28mg hydrocodone addiction is just crazy overkill. But she said every time she tried to quit she just couldn’t handle the pain and had to go back to the pills or she could not turn her neck left and has to wear a neck brace and she was a young cute girl that I could see caring about something silly like having to wear a neck brace, hoping my girlfriend does not read this;) Anyways it just seems odd that she did not need one increase but when she tries to quit the pain is too great. I just think after 5 years on the same dose it really couldn’t do anything for her anymore and just more so became a mental addiction as In I don’t take the pills I can’t live a normal life? And she said she can’t afford the corrective surgery and that is why she wants to go on methadone. So she could be clean but get some pain management but really with her addiction methadone would be like stepping up to morphine from her hydrocodone addiction strength wise. I don’t know if she even knows about suboxone but if she can’t afford the operation and needed Medicaid to afford the methadone treatment I don’t think Suboxone would really be a option for her due to coast. So she is really in a shitty spot because if it is true and her pain is that serious when off the pain killers she is going to have to either go on methadone which is a step up or take pain killers the rest of her life or till she can afford the operation or get health insurance. But at the same time I also don’t know if she tried muscle relaxers so there are other options for her I hope.

But if you had to choose one methadone or two 28mg of hydrocodone which would be better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:27 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I think you should stop chasing young hotties before your girl reads this. The girl is going to make her own decision 100% no matter what you tell her, obv suboxone or meth is overkill if she isn't fibbing. But hey most people need to find out for themselves and especially people hurting bad, they will take the easy way out, they don't want to hear well you need to stop and go through hell! I am def guilty here as well, I learned the hard way. Final answer stop chasing and work on yourself. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oops' i over looked the dose she was taking. it would be better for her to wean off the current med.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know what you mean CBK and at the end of the day she needs to find out for herself. But at the same time if nobody says something to her and she starts methadone from that addiction would be throwing her into the lion’s den making a bad situation into a really bad situation, and I don’t want to see that happen to such a young girl. But I know what you mean she will never know what is what if she doesn’t fine out in her own way. Yea no cashing hear just a jealous ass gf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:17 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

agreed 100%! u the man!