It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: What you think?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I am a bit obsessed with watching shows like intervention, drugs Inc, Netflix documentarys about drugs anything like that. I find it interesting. But here is the problem when I was using I would snort anything and everything I could get my hands on all the way from hydro 5s to oxycotin 80s. I think I was also just addicted to sticking stuff up my nose. So anyway when I watch these shows and there is a person cutting a line I almost start to twitch it looks so good! Like a dog salivating over a bone. I never have gone back to my old ways because I can fight through it but I was curious if anyone else has had that happen? It's almost like someone quitting smoking but in every movie they watch people are puffing down. I would love to hear some feed back. Peace

Post subject: Re: What you think?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:19 am 

....so does watching people on tv make me want to use? No, but i often wonder if see them in person would trigger a slip..
Intervention is an interesting look at an addics life and what it does to families. Very sad sometimes. Watch one lastnight. It reminds me of what a selfish, selfcentered ass i turned into. Like the kid on the show lastnight..

I wonder what happens to many of them. Lots of relapses in sure.

I can watch such programs becuz i really wasnt a snorter, never usedca needle and feel my recovery is stroug...but.....you never know when the disease monster will rise..

Razor....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:46 am 

I love those shows also. I will admit, when I see someone cut out a line on those shows, for one second I get a little jealous lol but then I see what chaos their lives are in and I immediately become grateful. I think it's just hard for me to sit and watch that and know that feeling of being high, however it's just a feeling and I recognize that...I think it's normal when it's in ur face on TV....just don't ever get closer than TV :) btw razor..I watched the same show last night! Felt really sorry for the dad too. I wish they'd do like a 5 yr follow up and let us know if these guys stayed clean.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:08 pm 

Earlier I stated i wasnt a snorter.
That wasnt true...I meant that i wasnt a pill snorter.
Yes, sometimes i watch the cocaine shots and think that , ya, I could still do that. They call that a reservation. Lol..I guess thats not funny.
The families are always hurt but it is great to see that people and lives can change. Atleast they are given a chance...
Razor..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:43 pm 

The one that always gets me laughing is to watch an ex heroin addict talk about it to someone. They will always scratch their nose! Mine just got itchy typing it. I've seen it with John Lennon, Eric Clapton, and anyone else who had a habit. Snorting or shooting it doesn't matter.

Just look for it next time on TV.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good point there rule 62, I have noticed that also. . Huh! ? Anyway, I posted something a while back about s thread we had going he about the show Nurse Jackie. In my very early months on sub, even though I like the show, I found it a little bit triggering, but never could watch Intervention then. I can watch Intervention from time to time now, and although I don't find it triggering anymore, I do sometimes feel a little uncomfortable watching scenes of people snorting or shooting up. Just a weird, fleeting butterflies in the stomach sensation, but it goes away. I think it mostly just reminds me of what a mess my life had become and what I put my family through, and that's what makes me feel weird when I watch. Yea, I totally get what you're saying.
It's good to identify what our triggers are and talk about them with other people who understand. Good topic.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Very good points! I was watching it last night as well, a young guy that had a problem with H and benzo. I sadly have had ignorant friends who started using after I had went to detox and not knowing she was using I went to her house. A casual conversation turned into her breaking out a oxy and busting it out on the table. I pretty much got that sick nervous feeling come over me an bolted out the house. She felt bad but hey it's her choice to do that I can't control her she should have realized though I went through a lot to get clean. This was before I started suboxone too, talk about temptation. Thanks for giving your thoughts this place seriously helps me lots. Peace