It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:12 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Im new to the forum and im hoping to get some help. i am currently 29 weeks with my second child. right before i had my first i hurt my knee very bad. i had to wait to fix it till after he was born i then had surgery to correct the issue. when i firt hurt it my obgyn started me on norcos. i took them untill i was 25 weeks. my knee doctor didnt want to see me anymore due to some billing issues. I had no way to get more meds but was incredibly addicted and started going throug really bad withdrawls. I was so scared for my baby because i had one miscarriage already. my husband was on suboxone and i started taking some of his. I am currently taking 2mg a day but now i dont know what to do because i dont want to my baby to suffer and i dont want cps to take my children from me. i dont know if i should keep taking the suboxone or just go through the withdralws i was trying to avoid by taking the sub. i was thinking about going to my husbands doctor to see if i can get a scrip for me but will he call CPS? or will they help my child and me. I never wanted to be in this position but now i am and i dont know what to do. also if i keep taking the suboxone will my baby go through withdrals or should i taper down as much as i can. also my obgyn still thinks im on the norcos so will they be able to tell the difference between norco withdrawls and sub withdrawls?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi youaremine

if you look thru the 'suboxone and pregnancy' section, there are MANY sucess stories, of women on suboxone, who give birth to babies, that experience 0 w/d's.
That being said, there are a small percentage that do.

First read this, and it will make you feel a bit better, or should
http://www.suboxonetalkzone.com/withdra ... uilt-trip/

its an article from dr J's blog, on how most of the time, w/d symptoms are normal signs of a newborn. or at least what the nurses think are w/d symptoms.

I DO THINK you should go see a doctor. suboxone isn't nearly as dangerous as other pain pills for newborns, especially at the low dose you are taking. AND, I dont think they would call CPS,,,,,,,now, if you were having a heroin binge every four days, and taking suboxone to avoid w/d, then I think they MIGHT. :wink:

if you can get a legal script, before your baby is born, theres nothing much CPS can do anyways, but ask a few questions. Make sure you look at ANYTHING you sign, beforehand. sometimes, some agencies wont even have the RIGHT to open a case, but jam some papers in front of you saying "sign this or we can take your baby"
Im not saying that happens ALL the time, Im just saying please know your rights and do your homework.

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7431

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7205

theres a couple good links for you to read..... the top one, "kat" had a few "freaking out'' posts you can read too, before she came and posted after the baby was born..................

so take a deep breath,
at least you've got a little time to get a perscription. Kat didnt get one until right AFTER she had her child I think.
Keep us posted :wink:

oh,
heres a couple 'find a doctor' links....................
https://www.suboxone.com/patients/opioi ... octor.aspx

http://www.treatmentmatch.org/

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:08 pm 

Amber has already given you a lot of great information! I wanted to say welcome to the forum and congratulations on your second baby! I'm sorry that you ended up being addicted to narcotics because of your knee. Unfortunately that's a pretty common story around here.

I have read on pregnancy threads before that you shouldn't try to quit cold turkey or taper drastically while you're pregnant because that puts you at higher risk for miscarriage. If you taper slowly, however, you should be OK.

Keep us posted!

Amy

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:28 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi "youaremine." U dont by chance know "winningduhepic" do ya? His names were all a little similar in the way they sounded. Not accusing nor am i saying u are him. Im just simply asking with intent on keepin the forum problem free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hi There youaremine, and welcome to the forum! I don't have a whole lot to add that Amy and Amber havent'
already said, I just wanted to let you know that I can feel your fear, just by reading your post.
The best advice that I can give you is what Amber has already said, do your homework, and make sure
that you know your rights.
I personally have had Children and Youth invoved in my life before, and it is no fun. I didn't know until
after the fact though, that there were certain things that they couldn't do, if I didn't consent to it.

We have had numerous stories on this forum from mommies who were in the same position that you are in
right now, (Amber gave you some links), and I totally understand why you would be scared. Try to stay positive,
read up on some of the stories and keep us posted.

Good Luck to you and your family, and I will keep you in my prayers. Take Care~[/font]