It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: What to do, what to do
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello,
Long story short- Went on sub 13 months ago, was on it about 5 months, tapered to .25mg, stopped for 7 days then had foot surgery and got back on straight oxycodone 15mg 4x a day for 4-5 months, then 30mg 4 x a day for the last 3 months. Told doc today i dont want the oxycodones anymore, that i want back on sub. I have been taking about 60mg a day the last 5 days, took only 15mg today around 600am, my script for sub will be at the rx tmrw around 100pm in the afternoon. If i do not take any more oxycodone it will be over 30 hours before i induce on the sub. I have to work tmrw and i will be in a pretty big state of withdrawal when I start, kind of scary. I do not know if I should wait for better timing or just suck it up. I still think that i could stop without the sub, but I beleive my chances are better to be on the sub. What to do? I have 60mg of oxy that i could use to delay the WD. What to do, what to do. Ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

30 hours between Oxy and inducting onto Sub is more than likely excessive, but it's really not so much about how much time has passed, it's more about the state of wd you're in.

I've included a link to the COWS (Clinical Opiate Wd Scale), it helps you score your wd and gives you a better idea of when to start.

If you're still nervous about starting your Suboxone too soon, you could always start with a smaller dose (1 or 2mg), that's usually not enough to precipitate wd, but it's enough to let you know if you've waited long enough or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
30 hours between Oxy and inducting onto Sub is more than likely excessive, but it's really not so much about how much time has passed, it's more about the state of wd you're in.

I've included a link to the COWS (Clinical Opiate Wd Scale), it helps you score your wd and gives you a better idea of when to start.

If you're still nervous about starting your Suboxone too soon, you could always start with a smaller dose (1 or 2mg), that's usually not enough to precipitate wd, but it's enough to let you know if you've waited long enough or not.

Just in case you were wondering...... this is ^^^^ REALLY GOOD ADVICE!!!!!!

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry, forgot to include the link. Here it is.

http://www.naabt.org/documents/cows_ind ... _sheet.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good job man, takes a lot of will power to stop the oxy voluntarily the way you did. I could see myself trying to stay on a long as possible.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks for responses. I am not going on the suboxone for now. Doctor wants me to taper the oxy because I was able to do it 3 years ago with my doctor and she said I have the right attitude to do it again. She does treat me like the perfect patient even though I do not try to be that. I guess she is not used to patients taking the meds the way you are suppose to, also I am the one who initiated getting off them. I do have pretty significant pain issues but with physical therapy, ice, lidoderm patches , advil, stretching, chiropractor, vitamins, eating right and exercise I know i will be ok. Wish me luck, I will try to post once in awhile, while I try to taper again to nothing. I am actually excited to do this, last time all I remember at the end was some insomnia, loose stools, and a little depressed. Got over almost all symptoms after about 2 weeks. We will see. Any body ever try and be sucessful with a taper off hydro or oxycodone? How long was your taper? I know most here are on sub because they could not taper off there drug of choice, yet I know there are some who can and did. Responses?