It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quitting time coming up in 3.5 weeks. :mrgreen: :D May drop from 4 or as planned 1 or 2mg.Will do my best to get lower. Started at 16mg 3 yrs ago and about 3 mo ago was at 12, then 8.Been up and down for 3 years. What should I ask my Dr for the Monday before the Friday I take my last dose? I will have a definite 10, possible 14 days from work. I am a working mom, wife with kids also. They are 10 and 14 but after the 1st few planned "Off duty" days, I need to show up to life. Im looking for recommendations to help me out. I know eating well, activity etc...So...what worked for you? Pharmaceuticals or natural...need to prepare. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:42 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I've tried to get off sub probably 10 times now. I also have children (6 and a terrible two's!). I jumped from about 2-3mgs. As usual wd's did not set in bad till day 4,5,6. Clonidine is something I didn't have before, omg does that help. Benadryl helped my sleep alot. I honestly have not exercised or ate healthy. I still drink coffee every morning, see no difference. I use klonopin for anxiety. I take nuerontin. Helps also with sleep. I also use kava kava and Valerian root for relaxation. I never thought I would go this far with having kids, bills, kid's school stuff etc. Good luck :-) oh I use Imodium too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Clonidine or prazosin or something similar to take away the high blood pressure, and prescription stimulants to overcome the lethargy. In my case, it seems to be working for me. But I am not not off it yet, just normalizing at 1/16 of a 8mg sublingual film (0.5 mg).

Even if I wasn't taking a stimulant, I would need clonidine because wow! Talk about coldness and pressure in your chest! Anyways, I am taking Concerta ER (18mg). That is my stimulant. It's working for me. But then, it might be very bad for someone else. Other meds for me include wellbutrin 450mg and ambien at night. I know, quite a bit of CS...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I used zero comfort meds. The only thing I used was immodium for a few days to make it through work without running to the bathroom every 15 minutes, tons of Gatorade and hot baths every day, a few times a day. Nothing helped with sleep in the beginning so I just waited it out without sleep aids and had sleep come back fully in the 3 week mark from sheer exhaustion. Been off subs for 110 days and feel awesome. Working out helps tremendously too!