It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'd like everyone to respond. Some of us are getting lazy. And, I never get to use the 'needle' icon :D

Me, dilaudid was my favorite :) I never did IV except in the hospital when I had pancreatitis and they were shooting me up 2mg IV every 2 hours for 4 days, 24/7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dilaudid, yo! I never IV'd it except for in the hospital either. I snorted it. Well, it was liquid, so I kind of squirted it up my nose like nasal spray. Worked great, no needles!

I did a good amount of oxy, hydro and morphine too. Whatever was around. But the hydromorphone was my favorite.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

mine started with hydrocodone(a car accident)ummm in about 2001. from there it went to any and every opiate strictly by mouth. 2003 was introduced to heroin and oxy's and always snorted them on top of nething else i could get but they were my drug of choice.i got up to 11/2 grams of H a day, fucked up nursing school. thats when i hit the bottom and asked my family for help in 2004. 30 days in rehab, started suboxone and rapidly my dose was lowered after being on it for well over a year, then i discovered 40mg extended release opana, just like oc's i crushed and snorted them usually along with 3-4 xannex bars. i liked those cuz u never really remembered anything so u didnt even remember the guilt of using. if i had to choose- opana was my favorite along with the xannax. now-and for the last few years...my drug of choice is suboxone and i dont care if i take it forever. i have not once ever worried about how long im gonna be on it although i am prescribed 4 and 8 mgs. alternating every other day and usually i just take the 4. i am so grateful that our generation has been introduced to something that can aid us in recovery because i know that i couldnt have done it on my own.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oxymorphone, oxycodone, fentanyl, heroin, morphine....opiates in general although it started with some simple codeine and propoxophene last years of using it was always just anything that would stop withdrawal god my life sucked so much then. Every morning: alright where am I going to get money to get some drugs today? Who am I going to steal from today?> Who's house am I going to break into? Which relationship will be the most dysfunctional by the end of today for me? Who will I push away that I care about today? I'm just so grateful it's over and I so hope I never start using again.
Fuck that horrible excuse for a life I felt more dead than alive!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Believe it or not, I really did not like having to take pills at all. It actually annoyed me to be stuck in the hell opiates caused.If I would not have injured my knee at work,I would have never started taking them. It's funny because I was given 2 huge bottles of liquid percocet when I had my stomach surgery and I barely used the stuff. A couple of my friends kept trying to get me to sell it to them and I did not understand the fascination, until my injury.I would have loved to have it then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I started off just eating some percocets at the bar after I got divorced. I used to do it when I was a teenager. My friends and I would buy a bottle of pills and 5th of whisky and stay messed up for a few days. Having had nothing 'bad" come of that I thought nothing of doing it later on in life.
I quit drinking when I was 27, but I started snorting loratabs occasionally. Well needless to say that turned into percocets. At the time we (me and my boyfriend) wouldn't have touched an oxy if our life had depended on it. The summer of 04 we started selling ever he could get ahold of to fund our habit. The next Jan. we found out I was pregnant. He weaned me off without my knowing unti it was over, but then my dad died after a long bout with brain cancer. There were some left over pills and I took them. I justified that I couldn't let my mom flush that much money down the toilet, but I was beyond sad. At the time I don't think I could have gotten through it without them. After that I was scared to quit for fear the harm of w/d would be worse on my baby than being addicted. My OB even told me so. I got pills from him until 3 mths after I had him. He's fine. It was a miracle. He didn't even really have a bad time after he was born. Thank God! We both started seeing different doctors for the next 3 yrs. We got everything from loratbs to oxys. Which we started doing. I didn't know w/d till after I had the baby.
Those were the bad years. Like you talked about Matt my boyfriend would go out everyday and do god only knows what to get us the money to get pills. Where I live everybody "junked". Scrap metal priced were ridiculously high so people would junk what ever they could get their hands on to make money. Our crime rate shot up because of this.
We lived that way for that next 3 and a half yrs. Amazingly I held a job most of the entire time all of this was going on. Last Dec. I finally got the call from my sub. doctor that my number had come up. I was so happy. Words can't even describe the relief I felt knowing it was finally over. This had ben the best 7 months of my life.
I'm so sorry this turned into "the history of my drug use". But I guess it needed to come out. I have never really got to tell all of that before. Everybody I know knows what and how it happend. One of the biggest dealers in my county got clean. And as I'm sure you've read before from me I'm still waiting for a counselor, so until then I 'm sorry but your all I have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello,

I started using Hydrocodone or Lortab after I tore my Bicept tendon. After the prescription ran out, I started using whatever I could find on the streets. After 3 years I went to a Mehadone Clinic for a year. Stoped Methadone for about two or three weeks, and was put on Suboxone. I am [s]addicted to[/s] dependant on Suboxone, but it sure beats being addicted to the other Opiates.

Thanks,

Baron

*EDIT by jamez70, not 'addicted' but 'physically dependant'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Not to be a stickler and I think I know what you were trying to say but there is a very important difference between being "addicted" and being physically dependant. I am as well as other Suboxone patients I know physically dependant on Suboxone but I'm not obsessing about how to get Suboxone, Suboxone doesn't change how I feel after I take it, Suboxone doesn't have any reinforcing effects after I take it, and even at my induction the subjective opiate effect was very different in my experience from opiates of abuse that I was and other people are/were "addicted" to. I say this because I don't want other Sub patients to feel as though they're doing something wrong if they're taking medication as prescribed and living normal lives (or as normal as we're probably going to get) again. I'm pretty sure I know what you were trying to say and I'm certainly not scolding you or anything but Sub maintenance and active "addiction" couldn't possibly be anymore different in my opinion and experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello,
Matt you are correct. I should of said something other than addicted. I do not want people to think that Suboxone is an addiction, when it is something you take for Maintence. I hope I didn't offend anyone? Subxone is a life saver.

Thanks,

Baron :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Methadone has to be my fav. Ive done hyro, oxy, and methadone for the most part and out of the three i prefer the dones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:26 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Geez....I could write a novel here.

I will try to be brief and as vauge as possible. For any elaborations, please just gimme a shout.....

Started taking chemicals at 14 years old. I dabbled and used many different ones. I was not in active addiction untill I was scripted opiates for legit back problems. I was still in school, so doctor wouldn't give anything stronger than Tylenol-3's (in retrospect, good thing). To make long story short, I eventually was scripted oxycontin. That is when I lost control completely.

I could name a bunch of different pain meds that I have taken illegaly and legally, but my favorite is a tie between three:

Oxy's, Dilly's, and 'the patch' (Fent). I had different reasons why each was a favorite. But the drug I took the MOST because of availability was Oxycontin, illegaly. It ALSO was the drug I took the most LEGALLY.

I have sooo much to say but don't think that it is appropriate here.

I do hope that more people reply to this thread. (self centered, I know) I am really interested in what others like me (and not like me) were taking.

For the last 8 months I have been in recovery with the help of Suboxone. No other chemicals, besides OTC pain meds. Thats a first in over a decade for me. I will be 27 next month. YEA for LIFE!!!

As usual, good luck to all!!!!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hmmmmmm. First I find the words "drug of choice" to be kind of an oxymoron. what choice? Choice was so far in the beginning I don't even recall what that is like :-)

I have to say oxycontin definitely was my favorite in the chewable form ;-) However, back in the day after quitting crack I used to say if I was on my deathbed all I would want was to be left alone to smoke crack for a few hours before I died. How sad is that? That was many many years ago so it is hard to say between the crack and the oxy which I prefer but in the end it was the oxy. My life had changed so much I wouldn't have had the slightest idea where to get crack.

The interesting thing is now.......I am off the suboxone (probably temporary at this point) and I have taken vicodin for surgery. As I sit here, I don't crave vicodin or oxy. In fact I really have no interest in it. What I want is to feel normal and suboxone did that for me. I find that interesting because so many people think addicts are trying to get high.

Every drug I ever used I did so because at first it always made me more functional. It was always that darn addiction part that made me non-functional or I wouldn't have had to quit everything.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I smoked marijuana, hash and hash oil for 26 years, and tried just about everything else too...amphetamine sulfate, fortral,crystal meth,black bombers (durophet), blues (purple hearts),dexedrine,ephedrine, cocaine, acid,amyl nitrate,mescaline,pcp, mushrooms,fly agaric, ketamine, ecstasy,mda,eve, crack,glue,toluene,paint thinner,ghb,carbitol,nembutal,tuinal,jimson weed,qat, the lot. Then at the age of 41 I discovered heroin and spent the next 9 years smoking it. Everything else seemed like kiddy sweets compared with the hit I got from smack, at least at first. I soon found out the truth though, the laws of diminishing returns set in rapidly. Towards the end I was smoking up to a gram and a half and taking 12 dihydrocodeine 60mg caps daily.
Now I have suboxone, and it's a pleasure to just feel normal again, it's the greatest buzz of them all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:15 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well, I've had three major addictions...

My first was Crystal Meth....I did it only for about a year...The last time I did I had a seizure in the middle of school and still had some in my back pocket in my wallet...Luckily in my seizure I fell on my back so they didn't bother to flip me over and find it. I'm not a religious man or anything but something, but that was a sign to me....I went home and flushed it, recovered from it and never did it again.

Then, a few months later I went to the exact opposite and started taking Xanax...The 2MG football/school buses/ GG's (I'd take about 2-4 a day)whatever the fuck you want to call them. At first I did it recreational until I finally one day went through Benzo withdrawals..The worst week+ of my life. I eventually got my hands on a limited amount and went out to Arizona for a few weeks to my Mom's with a small amount of them and tapered off. I was tired of losing money, waking up in weird places and finding food on the ceiling of my apartment.

I always liked Vicodin until I finally found a steady connect....well, about 8 of them so I never ran out. I liked the yellow norco 10/325 or the Loritabs 10/500. I did morphine, methadone, poppy tea, Oxy contin, oxy codone, percoset, oxymorphone, anything really I could get my hands on. The end result was shooting black tar...It was the easiest to get and honestly was a A LOT cheaper than Oxy Contin. I honestly think shooting up an 80MG OxyContin blows AWAY black tar heroin. It's a cleaner high, lasts longer, doesn't make you as drowsy. Also, someone my friend got his hands on liquid morphine...The ones from the hospital....I shot some of that straight into my arm and started floating. I gotta say if I could only do drugs (If i was on my deathbed or something since I don't plan on it...Just a figure of speech) ONE more time and I had my choice of anything It would probably be about 120 MG of Oxy...I'd snort forty and right after that shoot up the rest of the 80...The IV hits you right away then the drip starts to hit you...Ohhaskgasgkjsa, just takling about it makes me want to use. Or....I really, really, really enjoyed mixing 1 10 MG Valium, 40-50 MG worth of Hydrocodone and some morphine. That'll get you nice and buttered up with some beer.

I liked coke for a while too...I was getting some 80% pure and it was just such a nice feeling, no bad come down, no laxatives added, nothing....I never got hooked though...Being hooked on coke is a hard thing to do...It's so expensive, the people are shady you have to deal with and is just too much hassle plus you never know what you are getting...Sometimes it's the shit, sometimes it's literally shit. Although I would only do coke if I had my opiates in the morning time...I can't stand coke hangovers...Opiates are the best hangover cure medicine in the WORLD. Also, when I did coke I'd need about a case of beer to go to sleep...Or about a quarter of a piece of seroquel...I don't care HOW strung out you are some of that and you'll be flat on your ass for the next 10 hours minimum.

My love is and always will be opiates though...That's why we can't be together anymore.

Also, I'm a lifer for the Mary Jane...Only the chronic though...Austin is a very pot-snobby city...None of that mexican seeded, steamed up bullshit.

My favorite thing to do in the world was wake up in t he morning, take a piss...Go to the fridge, grab just one beer, grab 5 Vicodin (The Norcos or Loritabs....If I had the stupid 5-500 I would take ten of them so in total 40 to 50MG of Hydrocodone) or whatever opiate I had at the time and wash it down with the beer and spark up a bowl. Just lay it bed, let everything hit you...melt into the bed, watch some SportsCenter, hang out with my best friend in the world my dog, Shadow. You know how people in the morning have to have their coffee? Well that was my coffee.

Has anyone ever done fetanyl? I've never gotten any and never even seen any...I heard nothing even compares. Makes smack look like baby asprin.

Thanks Suboxone for giving me my life back...It changes your process of thinking...Those other drugs don't really interest me anymore(well, besides opiates...but I can't go back to that lifestyle, i'll die)...I don't even drink like i used too...Maybe a beer or two for dinner but thats it....I know I'm not supposed to drink on Suboxone but by the time dinner rolls around my dose was roughly 12 hours earlier.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:58 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

When I was in high school I dabbled in just about everything- lots of weed, lots of drinking, coke, xanax, mushrooms, LSD, and the occasional pain pill...I got pretty bad on coke for a few years...it's pretty much the reason I dropped out of college...by the way for a little back ground on me- almost everyone i my family is an addict-most are on methadone now, including my dad. I met my husband when I was 19 and I was still drinking but no drugs (thanks to an underage drinking misdemeanor that landed me on probation for several months). Needless to say I was in a very vulnerable state of mind and was looking for fun more than love. He is my opposite- didn't drink much or do any drugs. We quickly fell in a very passionate love that made me forget about drugs pretty much altogether- we did drink together occasionally. Less than a year later we were married and I was pregnant with my first son(who is 4 now). After I gave birth they gave me percocet for pain because I had an episiotomy(sp) and they made me have so much energy and helped me take care of my son once I got home and I pretty much felt great. I also gave few to my husband because he was so exhausted and I wanted him to feel good too. That's where it all started for us- found a friend that sold them and we were doing them only on weekends at first, then every chance we got, until finally we felt sick when we didn't have them. This went on for 3 years- caused us to have to move in with his parents for a few years. We were doing anything we could get really- mainly hydros and tramdadol for withdrawls. I got pregnant at the beginning of 2009 with our second son and I got clean and my husband was still doing very badly...we had no money and it was just horrible, low point of our lives. I had my son in October of last year and after I had him I went into this little quarter life crisis- just felt so tied down to my kids and husband and needed to 'do me'. It lasted a couple of months of partying late and leaving my husband with the kids and taking huge quantities of xanax (the worst drug for me, because it changed my personality completely) and lortab- In late November we decided to do suboxone and the past year has been the greatest yet for our family. We now have our own home, and are saving money and living a happy and sober life! Thanks for reading, I needed to get this out, sorry if I rambled, I tend to do that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:38 pm 
I used to take opiates in pill form, mainly oxy's and hydrocodone for awhile but never realy got into to deep because of the cost issue. Well fast forward to when i was 22 and I discovered poppy pods. I never had felt such a strong, long lasting, itchy nod from oxys that could compare to poppy pod tea. I started ordering pods by the hundreds to my house every 2 weeks. The thing about poppy pods is that they are a cocktail of different alkaloids morphine, codeine, theibane, papaverine and the list goes on I cant remember all the names, which is why the high was so much more "well rounded' or "full" than an opiate in pill form. Before I had a monster tolerance to them a good dose of pods would keep me nodding for 12 hours and then gradualy wear off and be done about 24 hours. I loved just laying in my bed scatching the itch and being in that nod, anytime I would sort of wake up and snap out of the nod i would roll over and take a hit of marijuana or jwh 018 and fall right back into it. I stayed addicted to the pods for around 2 years and by that time my tolerance was sky high and I was mixing dangerous amounts of benzos with them just to achieve the nod. I was ordering half grams of pure phenazepam powder which is equipotent to xanax in dosage except it has a 60 hour half life and keeps you intoxicated for multiple days if you over do it and you have horrible amnesia/black outs. It came in pure powder and a 1mg is around the size of a couple grains of sand so you can imagine the danger involved in eyeballing doses (which I did I didnt give a shit about my life at that time). I remember coming to like a week later after binging on phenaz and pods and I weighed my bag of phenaz powder and 200mgs of it was gone out of the half gram so i had taken 200 milligrams in 3 days mixed with opiates I should of died. But now Im on suboxone and have a second chance at life and am clean of all drugs and feel like I'm very lucky to still be here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My favorite drug of all time has to be acid. For a couple of dollars you go on an 8 hour trip that is out of this world. No other drug I have tried has ever made me see Gumby's dancing around on my front lawn while inviting me to join them. No other drug has made me laugh as hard as I have ever laughed in my life because someone said the word exceptional. Every fiber of your being seems to be vibrating with life. I got so accustomed to it that I used to take it before going to school. I didn't learn squat in school those days, but school all of a sudden was fun!

As far as the drug that kicked my ass the hardest and caused the most problems...OC. No doubt about it, those OC's are wicked powerful addictive. Great high, you just can't put the damn things down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

200mgs of oxy contin plane and simple. i could sit hear all day and talk your ear off about my start with drugs till my finish but this was my drug of choice oxycontin period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:30 pm 
I dont know why but I was never impressed with oxycontin. Sure its a nice feeling but the high had no legs and it was way to expensive. I much prefer the high from morphine, I like my nods sedating and itchy as opposed to the slight "upper" feeling oxy can give.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I started really loving tramadol and had a legitimate prescription for them. I started to take them every day and soon ran out...I found out what WD was like and moved right on to black tar heroin. I fell in love with it. I remember 2 years ago thinking heroin sounded so scary but here I was shooting it up daily.

Thank god I am 2months and 1 day clean today!!!!!!! I recently started having dreams about it and think about it. But that is as far as it gets. Once I play the whole process in my head...waiting forever for a shady dealer, dishing out my hard earned money and being disappointed about 10 min after shooting - the desire dies!

Jessica