It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:40 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Personally, I prefer to take it as early as I can for the most part, but then again if I take it too early then it seems like I feel like I need to dose again later on. The feeling of needing to dose again could just be a mental thing considering the long half-life, but who knows. I hate taking it too late in the day sometimes because I feel like it can be harder for me to fall asleep. I hate it when I sleep too late or just don’t have the time in the morning to plan the "activity" of taking the suboxone and am forced to take it later.

What is your take on the subject? Do you have any bad side effects if you take it too early or too late?

I know some of you don’t have the luxury of deciding too much since you may have much more strict requirements like getting it daily from a pharmacy or clinic, or any other process that is regulated more intensely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I also like to take it early, right when I wake up. Then I lay there for a while, and sometimes even go back to sleep. But I feel like it helps me get out of bed by helping me a little with my energy level about an hour after I take it, so that's why I like to take it in the morning. I dose twice a day because I am only on 4mg, and because I use it for pain. So I take my other dose between noon and 2pm. The later I take the 2nd dose, the later I stay up at night, so I try to take it by mid-day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi fireman, I take my dose twice a day also. I am on 16mg and take 8 mg in the morning and 8 mg in the evening. I do dose for pain as well, so this is the reason for the twice a day dosing. I try to take it early in the evening or late afternoon because if I take it too late, it tends to keep me awake. I also try to take my morning dose as soon as I get up because my pain seems to be higher in the morning. It also gives me a little burst of energy. I am considering lowering my dose to 4mg and 4mg. I've only been on it for just over 7 weeks so it may be too soon to do that? I don't know. We'll see. I've actually been reading over old posts to try and get some info on that.

This is an interesting topic to me. I like hearing how other people take it!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Morning
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:40 pm 

I was a really good patient for almost two years by taking my doctors advice to dose once a day at 10 am. Tapered down to 1mg, still only once per day, and then I got sick. A couple of surgeries had me taking it several times a day for pain. Yes, even at 1mg my tolerance was still too high for for Hydrocodone to work.

Now I'll have to work my way back down again through the months and get back to once a day dosing. Never could I handle putting that film in my mouth before my morning coffee! 10 am works really great for me.

2¢ from me.