It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:09 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey so, I've been on Suboxone/ Subutex for over 3 years, along with my husband. Our doc has never told us about this "film"... What is it? Are they doing away with the sub-lingual tabs? Is it available everywhere or just in certain states/ countries? Is it still sub-lingual? Is it only suboxone or do they make a subutex film too? Why did you switch?

I am curious...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Its from the manufacturer of Suboxone, Reckitt Beckinser. It is sublingual as well. They claim to be doing it it help stop diversion of the tablets as well as being absorbed more quickly and having a better bio-availability. Each strip is in a barcoded foil. There is tons of info at suboxone.com about it. I have switched to the film and like it a lot better as do many but not all. Only suboxone is available also it just came out in october or so.

Some think RB came out with it to hold onto its customers due to losing their patent on the tablet formula but that is opinion

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 pm 
That is the only reason they came out with it Im sure to keep the patent. I dont see how its bio availability could be much better tho, buprenorphine bio is 35% sublingualy so that would mean that even if you had pure bupe powder it would still be 35% its not gonna matter if its in the form of a film strip. Im getting a Rx for the film in a couple weeks and we'll see how I like it. If I dont like it Ill probably just use it till march for the discount and switch to the film. I like how they act like those bar coded packages and film strips are going to stop diversion. Ive been read on a number of forums that people actualy prefer to shoot the film strips over the pills because they contain less binders so its realy not stopping any abuse. People have also cut them up into small confetti like pieces and snorted them as well reporting that snorting the film was actualy better than the pill because it doesnt drip and get wasted and no dust is inhaled into the back of the throat. RB are just money hungry assholes and will do anything to keep the outrageous amount of money coming in.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

snoorting film now thats one i havent heard lol. But i do see the shooting up aspect of it. I think it was switched for the patent but i do think the topic of diversion was at hand.

As of why i switched well i didnt have a choice my drs office all switched to the films period no if ands or but suck i know. but luckily i turned out to be one who likes them a thousand times more then the tabs. I get such a way better equal dose from the film then the tabs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:34 am 
haha yea it does seem kind of funny but when you think about it you have the same membranes in your nose as under your tongue so its going to work just the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The film does seem to work much better than the pills and absorbs much more quickly. When I first took the film at my regular dose, I was so dizzy and almost feeling high and now I have been able to lower my dose considerably with the film. Guess I am just one of the ones that like it much better and it's cheaper even without the discount at a few pharmacies but when I was calling around to price it at different pharms, not one place had any idea what i was talking about and they all thought I was crazy until they looked it up. ~Linds~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:26 pm 
Yeah that is one thing that bothers me because as of now not one pharmacy has them in stock they all have to order them. I liked being able to just show up at the pharm on the fill date and getting my tablets instead of having to worry what if somehow they mess up and they arent delivered on time and I have to go into withdrawal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had a problem getting strips at first. I went in a week ahead of time and had to convince the pharmacist they existed. He told me there was no advantage to getting the strips. He wanted me to take the tablets that were in stock. I explained to him that there was a 75 dollar coupon for out of pocket costs. Then he took the coupon punched some numbers into the computer and told me that what I was getting was a good deal and my insurance was covering a lot already and didn't want to accept coupon. It was a huge pain in the ass. So I took my script back and went to walgreens. I had no problem there. That was last month. This month I went back Walgreens and had no problems. Although I did have to go early so they could order it for me.