It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Guys, Im new to this and ive only been on the Suboxone for less than a week and id really like your advice on what is the best and most effective way to get take my daily dose of Suboxone? Ive been doing the typical under the tongue method, but ive now read from one of the threads that you should dissolve it with a little saliva a paste it all over the inside of your mouth, cheeks gums roof of the mouth etc. What do you guys think? How do you guys do it? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello and welcome. I noticed you posting on some older threads and was watching for an introductory post from you. If and when you feel ready, perhaps you can share more about yourself.

The method you mentioned above (biting the tablet with your FRONT teeth and spreading the paste all over the inside of your mouth) is the maximum absorption method suggested by Dr. Junig. It's also much quicker than just letting it dissolve. Personally, I just put it under my tongue and it dissolves fairly quickly, then I swallow. I wait 10-15 minutes before eating or drinking anything.

Other people let it dissolve for much longer and hold the juices/spit in their mouth for much, much longer - some up to 45+ minutes before spitting or swallowing. I'm on a fairly high dose, so for me, my way is fine. For people on really low doses, however, they need to pay more attention to getting the maximum dosage.

I hope this helps and again, welcome. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sorry I wasnt sure how to begin an introductory thread at first, oops, lol thank you so much hatMaker for the advice it was very helpful.
You see I have just begun this road to recovery about 6 days ago with my Suboxone Induction. I have been taking Percocet and Vicodin for approx 5years because I had severe Crohns disease(auto Immune Disease that tricks your body into thinking your intestines are infected so they continuously attack the healthy tissue causing extremme pain, bleeding, swelling and death of the tissue!)The Crohns caused me excrusiating flairs which would hospitalize me for a week at a time sometimes once a month when it was really bad. And the typical treatment for a condition as serious as Crohns is automatically round the clock administration of Dilaudid and steroid injections into my stomach. I suffered with this for years until my Crohns has finally gotten so bad eventually it eneded me up in emergency surgery at the age of 23 on Christmas Eve. I was A Paramedic and was at work when my partner found me slumped over my desk, unconscious/unresponsive and rushed me to the hospital, after battling with this disease for years it had finally won and i was in full blown Sepsis. They took me into surgery and wound up removing 2ft of my intestine part of my colon and my appendix which had ruptured on the operating table. They left behind 12inches worth of incisions and one hell of a long recovery road ahead of me. But they saved my life,
..... however the amount of pain medicine i had been on to control the pain my Crohn had me constantly in for years coupled with the fact that i was now on a PCA Dilaudid pump, was the end of my life as i knew it. although i managed to recover from that it fueled a good part of my dependence to opiates.
.....2 years later while taking a friend home from a bar i was in a car accident, i was hit by a drunk driver and wound up with severe neck and shoulder pain and 2 herniated discs in my neck, that of course required pain management. And so we continued the viscious circle. Until i finally asked my husband for help and had to admitt that this addiction was bigger than i was and i could not escape it without help. He was wonderfully understanding for someone that has never been addicted to anything in his life, but he understands addiction from working in an ER for years and so he found me a friend to talk to who he knew i looked up to but "I" had no clue was a recovering opiate addict but my husband had known for years and that really gave me the courage i needed to take the first step at which point my husband was already ready standing by with the name and number of thedoctor my friend had been going to for years. I am so blessed to be married to my soulmate! And thats my pittiful story! :cry:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Absolutely no need to apologize. Not everyone even wants to share their story, not right away, maybe not ever. I didn't share mine for quite a while. Thanks for sharing yours. I'm sorry to hear about the Crohns. How is it doing now? Is it in remission or do you still have flares - if so does the sub help your pain at all (too soon to tell?)? Sorry for all the questions.

Your story is obvious unique to you (but not pitiful), but parts of it are so familiar to all of us. I got addicted taking pain meds legitimately, too, as have many others here. Again, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us and decided to post.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.