It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:57 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I am one of those people that tapered off subs, and have stayed clean ... its a personal choice for each of us, at my age (50) I just didnt want to be on it forever. That is what worked for me, I did do the na thing for a while but my life is busy enough and I have been fine for almost 2 years.. I dont even crave dope any more. I am in pain management for back issues ( how it all started) but I dont take narcotics, nor do I want to

everyone is different, if you want to be in subs forever good for you I support that, but I also support people who dont want to be on subs and want to wean off.

If I started using again I prob would go back on them but for today I dont need to :)

we all have different goals, and we all respond to different methods its all good to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:09 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oh My Oh My I didn't mean to start a fire storm.

Amber -

I know quite a bit about your experience, I've read all I can on it, and I view where you are based on your recovery is a VERY good place from where you have been. What I meant by letting it become your new DOC is by the fact you are indeed still taking SOMETHING. Granted it's not like the others with the feelings they provide, I vastly AGREE. But at the same time I've experienced so many NEGATIVES from suboxone compared to even OXY (side effect wise, motivational wise, LIFE JUST BEING TRASHED wise in emotional different ways than just finacial) that I'm not quite as gun ho on it as other people.

I never felt out of control with Oxys other than finacially. I felt chicken to go through Withdrawls to stop them. I did it once, it was not enjoyable. I let FEAR control me, and it took an out of body experience to put my mindset back into the right place to try stopping again.

I know the feeling. I've pawned all I owned. I gave up friendships, I stole cheated did whatever I could for my fix. H is borderline about the same feeling as roxys (EDIT I HAD plently of friends on H). I'm a needle phobic. I loved the idea it could get me higher, but I refused to take that jump in life. I viewed myself as too innocent, too detrimental to what I could become. I wasn't ready to take that final step, and I never feel that I will.

I've done horrible things for -one more day-. I've never had a doctor, so suboxone was my doc. I had to fight tooth and nail to get more of the stupid shit at times. I couldn't refill at a pharmacy, I had to wait on the same scumbags that gave me roxys.

At 20 I was in the ER trying to get a few hydro's, tabs, vikes, morphine shot ANYTHING till I could make some $ and re-up again. I know the feeling - I might not be as long term, but I was just as desperate. I was afraid of withdrawls, how being in that state could ruin my life. Not realizing the drugs themselves were doing a fine job of that on there own.

From what I've read on this website, many people do feel similar. Many of them are hated on and despised for good reasons, on how they try to present there arguments in stupid ways. I'm young, that's not an excuse but I wanted to try and explain this a little better.

Amber I understand exactly where you're coming from with your points. I RESPECT them. I really do. Advil is la suboxone for you(and anti-inner addict ;) ). I understand that. We are vastly different in that view point right now, but I do RESPECT where you're coming from. And I support you in your methods!

Lilly -

I understand that. I've understood that from many posts Romeo has given this forum. But I also took another point from his thread, and that's the Recovery aspect of looking at things.

Yes it's a struggle. It's a long-term struggle. Was it not a struggle when you stopped taking them? The mental aspect has not scared me. It probably should more, and In time I'm sure I will earn humility. But from what I can defer from this post for 10 months you struggled with your inner addiction and than gave in to suboxone. Suboxone is my doc. If I give into suboxone I'm giving into exactly the same shit that got me in this horrible situation. I just lost with my addiction at that point. I take back the "mental easy part" I see nothing easy about -any- of this process. I feel after 10 months giving in is not something I could ever do. I can't go back to my same mistakes in the past. I know exactly how hard it will be once again to stop.

What I meant more urgently in my post, is in 10 months of struggling you never reached out. You never tried to address the problem. That's where I'm not so hyped on this being a Miracle. In my eyes it's not. I don't agree with the philosphy to not to put anything else in place than falling back to your original safety net. What was the point of stopping suboxone originally than?

If you're at the point of actually using, actually actively pursuing it, and not looking for any type of options to help get you mentally past that check point, I agree with going back on suboxone. Until every single possible option has been exhausted I do not think there is anything Miracle going on.

There is one thing so many of you have in common. Your urge to stop taking suboxone. In one way or another you are all trying to STOP. For many different reasons the ultimate goal is not using it anymore, or anything to sustain a normal sober life.

If W/D were the easy part tapering wouldn't exist. PAWs seems far worse than cravings. Yes it's dangerous, yes the possibility is there to end up worse than you started. But misery wise, I do not agree. I don't think I'll ever agree on that point. The entire reason I tricked my brain into continuing to use was to not be sick, My entire habit stemmed from not wanting to feel like shit.

Negativity will always be heightened. My posts sure damn haven't seemed very pro-suboxone, and that's because of what I feel. I feel differently about it than others, and everyone handles things in different ways.

Movie - Your original post did not say any of that, so I assumed. Many people feel the way you're describing while on Suboxone. Lack of life, depression. No motivation, nothing. You're a shell of what you once were. I applaud you checked out different methods, and if you feel comfortable being on suboxone the rest of your life, than by all means do just that.

The problem appears to be everyone's experience is so vastly different. Amber is while albeit similar to me in methods pre suboxone (minus needles) we both view suboxone in very different ways. I know Amber eventually wants to quit, how and when, and why are all different stories.

I apologize Movie, I didn't mean to seem insincere about your recovery. I can only take so much out of a paragraph of context and try to relate a point. Which overall was pretty stupid on my part. I do not mean to shun or put down going back on Suboxone. If it helped keep you alive, and well, than there is no reason to feel negatively towards it.

Anyhow, that's a long ass post. I've gotta catch up on some things, If this starts another fire storm I'll be sad.

-WTBF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I understood where you were coming from, WTBF, and I did NOT take it as a "firestorm"

honestly!!!

It's just that, well let's say for a minute, you are ME, let's say, two days INTO suboxone treatment,
and you come on here, and read some posts, and you read, your post above......

and ALL OF A SUDDEN,,, your like OH NO, what the F did I do? what have I done??
I really don't want people to be SCARED, or ASHAMED of staying ON Suboxone, IF it's HELPING, them.

know what I mean??

also, to be COMPLETELY HONEST, here,,,,,,
when there was like FOUR 'active taper' threads,,,,, I was reading all the stuff, everyone was writing, (like movie said)
and I contemplated, AM I READY?? to QUIT suboxone???

and I was brought back down to reality, pretty fast, thankfully, that I am probably NOT ready, since I still
do have urges/cravings/whatever you want to say,,,,
I MISS IT SOMETIMES,,,, i seriously do.....

now I forgot my point???
I think what Im TRYING to say, is...... I wrote all that stuff up there,,, NOT "against" your post, but to kind of
counter-act all the "negative" stuff about suboxone,,,,
jeeez, does that make sense???

I freaking hope so.
I didn't find this forum til I was about 6 months IN to suboxone treatment..... I thought I was maybe one of the
only "bad ones" out there, that suboxone was a RELIEF to......

Okay, I think I'm rambling now......

Thanks for your post, WTBF, it DOES make me feel better, less "attacked" I don't know if that's the right word,
but thanks for clearing the air,, for me.

I totally respect where YOU ARE in your recovery as well.
and just like I ALWAYS say, whatever works for each ONE OF US, well then KEEP DOING IT.
whatever "that" is.

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That was my point exactly. There is no point in telling everyone how absolutely miserable and empty sub makes you feel on here when you can't honestly say without a doubt that suboxone is the culprit for your bad feelings. We need to stay positive no matter what. If you think you are super depressed and empty because of suboxone then of course you will. When in all reality it might just be that you are depressed or sad or whatever. I'm just over all the negative stuff being put out lately. We as addicts like to place blame. So. If we feel shitty or depressed... It MUST be the suboxone lol. Idk. I have read so many stories of people that are fixed on getting off and then come back in a few months and have relapsed or are back to using full time or want back on suboxone because they have no recovery or tools to help them deal with life on their own. Ugh. All I'm saying is that in the midst of withdrawal you are going to hate suboxone but especially being young I would give it some thought. Because what happens if you are really struggling in the coming year and need back on suboxone? How much do you care about your inability to shit correctly then? Lol. I'm sorry if I'm being blunt but sometimes it needs to be said. Don't put it down until you have really seen the other side after suboxone. And in my experience... It is never as easy as it seems. Lastly. We don't want folks thinking getting off it will be best because they don't want to end up like you eventually. Depressed. Empty. Ect. Just some food for thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry but I seriously think if you read that suboxone makes you an empty shell of who you once were then you are more apt to feel that way yourself. And. With this new mobile app... It makes it so all new posts come up. So if someone is out there using and wants to learn about this stuff and all they see is stuff about getting off because it has sucked your soul from your being.... I sure wouldn't want to take it. Ahhh. What do I know. It's late. Sorry. Just saying. Think before posting. Maybe I should too lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

People don't create usernames on health related forums to tell everyone how awesome their health is and how spritely they're feeling. They generally come on board looking for answers. And to get those answers, they gotta lay out their problems..

IDK if this is just about sub-bashing. It's the fact that when people are all happy and content with their lives and their treatments, they're not sitting on a forum that's filled with people telling their problems .. They're out there enjoying their life. And when they do get problems and become desperate for answers, they come here and put their problems on the big pile of problems that is suboxforum, and we try to help them one by one.

When a person's trying to quit smoking, they don't remember how nice it felt to have a cigarette with their coffee... They remember how nasty it felt to smoke a pack in a night while drinking, or how they could only run 50 metres before losing their breath. Getting off Sub is no different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can see what your saying but this forum is more than that. It is here to learn more about suboxone and feel not so alone on this stuff as well. Many other things I missed as well. But if the sole purpose of this forum was to talk about the horrors of the medicine then I'm sure it wouldn't be doctor sponsored and be more like subsux lol. I'm just saying that is NOT the main idea behind this website, to gather and tell the world that suboxone is mostly filled with problems and you would probably be better off without it. Idk. That just seems a little overboard to say it's here for problems and problems only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:55 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

MovieMaker1 wrote:
That was my point exactly. There is no point in telling everyone how absolutely miserable and empty sub makes you feel on here when you can't honestly say without a doubt that suboxone is the culprit for your bad feelings. We need to stay positive no matter what. If you think you are super depressed and empty because of suboxone then of course you will. When in all reality it might just be that you are depressed or sad or whatever. I'm just over all the negative stuff being put out lately. We as addicts like to place blame. So. If we feel shitty or depressed... It MUST be the suboxone lol. Idk. I have read so many stories of people that are fixed on getting off and then come back in a few months and have relapsed or are back to using full time or want back on suboxone because they have no recovery or tools to help them deal with life on their own. Ugh. All I'm saying is that in the midst of withdrawal you are going to hate suboxone but especially being young I would give it some thought. Because what happens if you are really struggling in the coming year and need back on suboxone? How much do you care about your inability to shit correctly then? Lol. I'm sorry if I'm being blunt but sometimes it needs to be said. Don't put it down until you have really seen the other side after suboxone. And in my experience... It is never as easy as it seems. Lastly. We don't want folks thinking getting off it will be best because they don't want to end up like you eventually. Depressed. Empty. Ect. Just some food for thought.

MovieMaker1 wrote:
I'm sorry but I seriously think if you read that suboxone makes you an empty shell of who you once were then you are more apt to feel that way yourself. And. With this new mobile app... It makes it so all new posts come up. So if someone is out there using and wants to learn about this stuff and all they see is stuff about getting off because it has sucked your soul from your being.... I sure wouldn't want to take it. Ahhh. What do I know. It's late. Sorry. Just saying. Think before posting. Maybe I should too lol.

I don't feel depressed, emotionless, and a shell of my former self 15 days off suboxone. Can you honestly not see any recognizable plause to suboxone being the problem? Side effects are far more than not being able to shit. Take a look into the side effect forum, there are hundreds, thousands of different afflictions. The fact you're constipated is nothing in comparison to some of the other things that afflict people.

Theres alot of negatives. Alot. TJ pointed it out we seem like were sub bashing. Were also in a thread that thinks there should be hundreds of more positive love stories about Suboxone and the magical properties it provides. We addicts to like to place blame. But when you stop taking the drug, and your side effects and problems you were having dissipate where do we place the blame?

I do see quite often a bunch of stories about how great suboxone has been for someones life. How it's kept them clean, how it's helped them repair there life. THATS AWESOME. It did the exact same thing for me, till side effects starting derailing my life, causing problems in my job, and at home, not feeling great about my child. This haze and fog, and depression has LIFTED. MAGICALLY. It must have been my imagination holding me down.

I didn't take a huge dose. I wasn't medicating 32mg a day. 2-4mg daily for over a year.

I'd have to say most times people are usually on MD, Suboxone before they get here. If they do opt to post, and let us know there addiction no one on this forum is going to bash them for considering suboxone to get off heroin, or oxy, or MD or whatever is afflicting them. They are encouraged from what i've seen. For good reasons too.

You said I'm young and if in the coming year I have to consider suboxone to control my addiction. I would find another route. I have to find another route. It does not work for me. It does not enhance my life, it does not make my life better. I hated suboxone before I quit. I wouldn't have stopped If I felt the slightest good about what it's doing for me.

I'd rather have a job, a wife and my family. Suboxone was ripping them from me, in the same way it helped me perserve them originally.

You said I've not seen the other side of suboxone. How do you think I got on suboxone originally. The difference than, was I wasn't some emotionless, non motivated, depressed person. Even on Oxy my motivation if anything skyrocketed. We all have reasons how we got from point A to point Bupe. I've not experienced a craving. I've never felt suboxone was anything to crave, it never made me feel anything than "normal", well for awhile anyhow.

I've not gone and told a single person this is what's going to happen to you. If someone comes on the forums originally to try suboxone and is reading the "Stop Suboxone Forums" I'm damn sure they have read the "Stoping my 200$ a day Heroin thread elsewhere" If they are fearful to try suboxone they need only post - Or better yet go speak with your doctor.

Anyhow back to work.

WTBF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This website is called suboxone forum and/ or suboxone talk zone. The tag line reads "Our experiences with Buprenorphine"

That can mean all kinds of things. It just so happens that a lot of people's experience with Bup also has to do with getting off bup. It all fits.. Just as it great for people to talk about how well their doing on maintenance and how sub has worked for them, it's just a relevant to discuss how to properly and successfully detox from the drug. Not everyone plans to use it forever and getting off can be tedious. The more support the better. Just as people on maintenance also deserve and need support. As do people looking to start it. We're all in the same boat, just at different locations in the water. Know what I mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

MovieMaker1 wrote:

Dude suboxone ruined my life I'm still dealing with serious side effects and ive been off it for two years now since i switched to methadone. When i started suboxone i was on no meds besides pain killers of course. When i stopped suboxone i was on 6 medications for mental health, severe insomnia, overactive bladder and a shit load of laxatives. Due to suboxone im 26 years old and ive already had a colonoscopy and cystoscopy if you dont know what that is try having a camera pushed through your urethra. All to find out there was not a single problem and the only thing new in my life was suboxone. And the worst side effect of all was suboxone made me a emotionless zombie i didnt cry laugh smile nothing. Theres a huge thread i started called "does suboxone make you emotionless" and the majority of us have dealt with this side effect. I feel people have a right to know that this is not a miracle drug. And this drug is still very new so we have little knowledge on what long term side effect's.it can have. And i know its not the same for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Let's just agree to disagree on some things.
And. To say that the worst side effect is feeling like a zombie and then you switch to methadone to fix that? It just doesn't add up in my mind.
Just. Refer to doctor J's Blog post about opiate dependence.
That's all I will say about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:11 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

What are you going to do if you start having grisly side effects 5 years down the road?

Refer to the side effects forum, the quitting forum, bupe in the rearview mirror forum. Doctor J is knowledgeable, but not the almighty.

Agree to disagree In my mind I don't view depression as a reason to end 10 months clean and hop back on the train. I'd suggest zoloft.

Refer to any medical journal about "depression"it just doesn't add up in my mind.

That's all I'll say about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have been on subs for many years. This time almost two years and two years before then. I have researched this drug and talked with many people personally about their experiences. Also. My doctor is one of the leading addiction docs in the country. I have had my fair share of knowledge and experience here. So. Any side effects that are so terrible would have already appeared. Doc J is very knowledgeable and is an addict himself. So i highly respect his teachings. Idk. Like i said. I'm just sharing from my own personal experience and that's all I can do. As are you. Thus the agree to disagree statement. I have been right where you are. I wanted off because I was convinced it made me feel sad and anxious ect. But. I ended up back on it due to the laundry list of paws symptoms and the overwhelming cravings. If you haven't been off suboxone before after long term use then don't say stuff like you can relate. I'm sorry but it's its own animal. Lol. I wish you well and hope you do stay off of it but give it some time when the severe stuff passes and carvings creep back in. Just being a young opiate addict.... The odds are definitely not in our favor. And. I don't want to risk my life today.

Best of luck. Maybe you'll see where I'm coming from one day. Sorry for anything that upset anyone but that's my experience and I'm just trying to keep people informed as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:09 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm not trying to throw your recovery down. It's just the tone in a few posts is rather...annoying. I'm sure mine have been also.

I can't wait to post in a year, I believe cravings can indeed suck. Ciggarettes are a prime example, known to be even more addictive then heroin. Mind over matter in my opinion.

I think Suboxone can be a great thing. I also know just about every person in this thread has the ultimate goal of stopping. I don't feel suboxone is meant to be used for life. I don't think that's the intent behind it.

Anyhow agree to disagree on points, if its working for you stick with it.

WTBF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

MovieMaker1 wrote:
Let's just agree to disagree on some things.
And. To say that the worst side effect is feeling like a zombie and then you switch to methadone to fix that? It just doesn't add up in my mind.
Just. Refer to doctor J's Blog post about opiate dependence.
That's all I will say about it.

You didn't look at the word before zombie the worst side effect was it made me emotionless. And like I said check out that thread and you'll see the majority of the people who posted are dealing with that side effect. Do u know what it's like to not cry at your grandmas funeral or smile and be happy for your brothers wedding. I was on suboxone for 5 years trust me I have my share of knowledge too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I didn't start to get side effects until about 2 years in. I lost interest in everything. It was worth it to get where I am but it's real and for some people it gets really hard to deal with after a long time. After 6 years, I was ready. It feels so good to really laugh again, not just go through the motions of laughing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:00 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Woot, what a thread,.

If I may, what I can see, from things said are the following...

I feel for your Moviemaker, and all for intensives purposes, Bupe is good for you.
with 1 caveat : @ this point in time. This may change in the future for you, it may not.

Now what I am about to say is highly controversial, and has a disclaimer so long that, I am almost not responsible for this.

I've been round the bush, a few times, as said, I have known a few good addictions in my life, and beaten most, if not, all of them,.
Which should qualify me here nicely.(to the detrement of alot of people, of which I feel is inevitable.)

And I have also known alot of people, who refused to give up there addiction, and chose suicide instead.
This is also perfectly acceptable, as it is the path of least resistance. It is the path, of nature, in many ways.

I have seen many types of addictive personalities, in my life, similar to The lillyval's, the Moviemaklers, the romeos's, the WTBF, the DOAQ, the laddertippers., and the me's. Of course i am referring to people in my life, that I have met, but there stories, are no different than the ones here, in essence.

I have met people with death wishes, who refuse to quit, i have met the abused, the avoiders, who chose to live this life, like a candle in the wind.(ref. not intednded). I have met the armless addicts, who refuse to quit, and the criminals, that spend there whole lives on Done. etc

I have met the mentally ill, the excuse makers, the stubborn, and the wise. This includes the very few that overcome addiction, as well.

No matter which way you word it, or spin it, Drugs , especially opiates destroy lives, sometimes quickly, and sometimes , very , very slowly.

We all must pay the ferryman, at somepoint, and those of us, who think that addiction to these drugs is the answer, are just fooling themselves, and are refusing to accept, that we all have it hard in life, and we all can pick ourselves up, and move on,.

Most of the time, we choose not to, and we look for blame, etc. But Opiates, whether maintenance, or illicit, are a short term fix, to a longer term fixable problem.

Bupe saved my life, as i have stated, elsewhere, It gave me, more than anything, money. Which, then led, to me, building a life.
But after 5 years on Bupe, you start to see the evil, By by evil I mean, what happens, if you have to spend a week, for some reason, without it. Every day on it, you dig yourself a little deeper.

Everyday, your tolerance grows, and every day, you feel a little less better, and every morning, you wake up, just that bit earlier, and then the legs, start hurting, and then you realise you are on 32 mg Bupe, and it is not holding you.

I am so sorry, but as a human being i am not going to let people say that drugs are the answer, long term.
Its simply BS. You can never win, ever, so why tempt it?. And the longer you do tempt it, the longer, you pay for it.

If you still have an urge to use, just stay on bupe for longer, If you stop bupe and have the urge to use then don't, and just be patient,.

remember what got us into this mess in the first place

Moviemaker, It would haunt me that, maybe 10 months off bupe was not enough for you, to relearn how to live without it.
I bet you will do this, when you are good and ready.
You started at 16, is this a self perpetuating excuse , to keep you in the addiction cycle?

Could you give yourself 2 years clean, and then see what happens.?
If you stay on it for another 20 years, then, imagine how much harder it will be to stop then.
How about a 5 year gentle taper, to avoid all effects, and changes in mood and depression?

summary of post.

So a guy can't wait till the effects of wd are over, and then starts spreading the word, how good opiates are?

Does that about cover this thread.?,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The OP said, "I have been on subs almost 2 years this time and have successfully gotten off of it before, but I didn't have anything in place to keep myself clean and went back on after ten months of struggling... but not using."

HS, I have to admit when I first read this thread that I too wondered had the OP done more recovery work (aka, learning to live without drugs), would he still be off Suboxone today?

When I quit Suboxone, I promised myself that I would stick it out for 2 years and see where I stood then. Thank goodness I learned about recovery well before the 2 years was up or I probably would have went back to drugs of one sort or another. It wasn't until I started thinking in terms of "recovery" that I realized the reasons I wanted drugs was for some of the reasons you mentioned.....life is hard, I don't want to face it head on.....placing blame on others for how I'm feeling.....I don't like how I'm feeling, I don't like the emotions I'm experiencing, better numb them out, etc., etc.

It breaks my heart when I read of people who got off opiates, stayed off for months and months, never went back to drugs, then go back on opiate replacement because they think they need some kind of opiate to live. IMO, they don't need opiates to live, they need to relearn how to live without opiates. For some, relearning how to live without opiates would also mean treating any underlying psychological issues, either with medication or counseling, or a combination of the two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I guess I wanted other addicts on sub to learn that. If you have little recovery and get off subs...chances of using or getting back on suboxone are almost certain. That's why I can't agree and root for all the people getting off right now. I know its their choice....but I know where it leads. Great post romeo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:51 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

The addiction community has perpetuated this ides that the only way to live is clean. That to be free, we have to be off all mood ans mind altering meds. That we need to face life on lifes terms.

Well I call bullshit on all that.

Maybe its because Im a nurse, but I can see all the good medications can do to help one live a better life. Drgs save lives. The drugs they have in the crash cart will save you from dying. Tylenol helps your head ache feel better. Aspirin can keep you from having a heart attack. My husbands blood pressure pill keeps his chance of stroke low. And it makes him sleepy. Bupe keeps people from banging heroin and armed robbery. Its called medical advancement. For the good of the people and society.

People need to get off their high horse and get with the times. The addiction community is stuck in the 1950s and makes people feel shitty for using medical means to enhance their life.

Im not directing this at anyone in this thread......and we all do need to take responsibility and live life on lifes terms. But the idea that being off sub is the goal or the golden ticket or the only way to live is outdated.