It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have heard many urban myths, misunderstandings and plain total lies about drugs and addiction over the years but the one that stands out in my mind is this...
I was once arguing the pros and cons of various ways of taking heroin, and the other guy insisted that smoking it was much less addictive than shooting it,because as he said, ' I should know, I've been doing it for years'!!!!
Can anyone beat that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't think I can beat that. But I was told that chewing oxycontin was only addictive if you chewed the whole pill at once. I was also told if you were having a bad trip on mushrooms and drank milk you would come down. I never tried it but never believed it either. I think my boyfriend at the time was trying to see if he could psycholgically prevent me from freaking out since I had freaked out on acid a couple times. (Don't know why since I did it nearly ever day for an entire summer and then at the end I took 3 hits of white blotter on hemp and went off the deepend. Jumped out of the car on the freeway and ended up having seizures in the ER where my mom worked. Was so whacked out I had my legs up in the air spread eagle on the lights overhead. This of course was after they had cut all my clothes off. I wanted to die several months later when we saw the ER doc in a restaurant at lunch. Kids :roll: I was 16 at the time. The scary thing was my Dad had my boyfriend go with him to pick up my car where we had left it on the side of the road after flagging down some passerby since I wouldn't stay put in the car. My boyfriend was blitzed as well and my Dad didn't notice. Geeeez.

Note: They took my car away until I would go to inpatient rehab. I went but was kicked out. I still got my car back. Pushovers I tell you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In my job I have to interview employees who steal and do other wrong doings. I had a kid on video smoking a joint in the back corner of the warehouse. I was intrviewing the kid and he denied he has ever smoked marijuana. It finally got to the point where the kid just wasn't going to give it up. I decided to show him the video of himself smoking the joint from the week before. I put the video in and the kid said "that's not me"....I said yes it is...your wearing the same jacket today that you were wearing in the video....he said "that's not me".....I said yes it is.......he said..."that can't be me" and I said why......."because I am in here with you".. It's a video....not LIVE. He was fired.........