It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:41 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I want to do stem cell treatment for my daughter 14 yrs of age physically & mentally chalienged at the age of five due to some brain viral fever.She was normal child by birth. I am looking for a good hospital for a stem cell treatment in low cost.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What condition would you be treating? Are you referring to autologous bone marrow transplant, where they remove the patient's bone marrow, give a large dose of chemo, and then reintroduce the stem cells from the marrow? Are are talking about the experimental procedures where stem cells are placed in very specific locations in the brain, in order to release specific chemicals into the tissue?

Both types of procedures are often denied by insurers because they deem them experimental. The second type, in particular, has questionable value. I remember the docs at my grad school talking about implanting fetal stem cells in order to treat/cure Parkinsons. But later studies showed that it didn't work; that the sham operations did just as well as the nontreated patients.

The direct answer to your question-- they cost a lot of money. I'd think it would easily run to $100,000 or more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:24 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Stem cell therapy is really a methods It aim to replace damaged cell or maybe destroyed through disease within healthy working ones. The techniques themselves are still relatively new but their applications and benefits are broad. a brand new stem-cell-based treatment to repair damage for the cornea (the surface of your eye) right after a good injury as a chemical burn. your current ultimate goal regarding stem cell therapy is actually able to replace unhealthy cells inside healthy ones and to do so efficiently, allowing suitable cell running at the human body. In addition, the potential uses for stem cell therapy continue to grow as we learn more about the process whereby a healthy cell becomes a diseased one. India is one of the pioneer in healthcare treatment with low cost. Dheeraj Bojwani Consultant in India is the topmost medical tourism company. It tag with many Indian reputed hospitals for surgery. they arrange for you very lower cost stem cell treatment.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stem cell therapy is also an area that is ripe for the picking by people looking to take advantage of someone's desperation.

Understand that beyond treating cancers of the blood- i.e. leukemia-- there are no 'stem cell therapies' that have been proven safe or effective. Stem cells have the potential to spread, divide, and invade---the same properties that are the basis for cancer.

Here is a great description of the state of the science: http://www.closerlookatstemcells.org/stem-cells-and-medicine/nine-things-to-know-about-stem-cell-treatments

It is not yet time to pack your suitcases for India.