It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

suboxdoc wrote:
That's wasteful-- heck, what about those starving children in India who have NO Suboxone?

Dr J i am new here and have not been feeling real good the last few months but even i laughed at this one! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:28 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Yeah, sorry "Rick Balls" or whatever your name is. I hate being one of those douches that labels other people addicts but if you're snorting subs than you really might want to look in the mirror. That's just abusing medication and calling it something else is just trying to justify that. Also, if you really are just taking it for pain you might want to look into a new doctor because suboxone is certainly not the best medication you could take. There are even non-narcotic medications that are a hell of a lot better.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:48 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Here it is...the skinny on taking Suboxone.
I started taking Buprenorphine when it first came out, they did not have a sublingual version of the drug at that time. I would get shots of it in the thigh and WOW did that stuff hurt! But the end result was un-real. As far as I was concerned- it was the best way to treat this @ the time. This was over 10 years ago.. maybe 13 years. idk. Once the first sublingual orange stop sign looking pills came out, I took them as instructed. Put one under your tongue and let it dissolve. This worked for me. I even did 2 at a time and a 3rd after the first 2 melted away. After a while.. i realized that taking 24 mgs was a waste and I started taking 16mg ONE AT A TIME! Then the strips came out years later. Same deal. After all this time i have screwed around with various methods of orally dissolving them including : painting the inside of my mouth with them, using hot water, taking them on a full moon : ) etc... For me, the most effective way to take them is to put one under your tongue and let it dissolve without messing with it.
To tell you the truth... if it dissolved in 30 sec or 30 min.. it did not seem to make a difference to me. I am not saying that this is better or not. I am saying i could not tell the difference. One thing gets my attention because i think it works is menthol. I think this may increase the absorption but i did not spend enough time to come to any solid conclusions about that. A few things that I can say for sure about dosing is this: if you swallow the spit you could get a headache. I too got headaches in the beginning but they soon went away and the naloxone did not bother me anymore. Only take 1 strip at a time! I did not notice too much of a difference because i was taking near ceiling effect doses. But if you are taking smaller doses- you will notice this as you can only absorb so much at a time. With the strips: they dissolve and mix with your saliva exposing all of your mouth. If you have an issue producing too much saliva, take the strips in the morning when you wake up BEFORE you eat, drink, (water i think is ok) or smoke. this is the problem I have as well and it causes the strip to dissolve immediately and i run the risk of swallowing it before I get the dose. However... when the strips first came out, i would put 1 under my tongue and within 2 minutes i had swallowed and I still got the dose. so... draw your own conclusions on that. All and all... i come to the same conclusions... the directions on the package seem to work for me. If you are looking for a rush or to get high.. Suboxone wont do it. Heroin will but i must suggest you get clean. You will ultimately be happier without a drug addiction.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:54 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Mike the doctor wrote:
Yeah, sorry "Rick Balls" or whatever your name is. I hate being one of those douches that labels other people addicts but if you're snorting subs than you really might want to look in the mirror. That's just abusing medication and calling it something else is just trying to justify that. Also, if you really are just taking it for pain you might want to look into a new doctor because suboxone is certainly not the best medication you could take. There are even non-narcotic medications that are a hell of a lot better.

Agreed. Suboxone is not for getting high.