It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: what to do?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

As some of you may know, I'm between doctors now. My doc got busted for prescribing Methadone to addicts under the guise of chronic pain. 104 counts of it. I was one of his legitimate patients. He had only every written me suboxone, 42 the first month, 60 all other month. Since his medical demise, I have had no choice but to return to the good 'ol(yeah, right) street for what I need to survive. I have been mainly searching for diverted suboxone over fear of going back to full opiates. Plus, Suboxone on my stabalized dose made me feel normal, like no addiction was present, no cravings, nothing. Now, I can never get (or afford for that matter) enough suboxone to make myself feel that way. And now I sometimes find myself chasing it, just like oxys and dones. I have an appointment with a doc this thursday, but it is about 10 miles wast of Boston and I live about 100 miles north. There are so many details I am concerned about regarding simply making it down there. Last Friday I had blood drawn and urine taken for preliminary test at a hospital up here to be faxed down there. Will she (my new doc) see there are no opiates in my system because my last slip was about six weeks ago. I have been using diverted sub other than my seldom and infrequent slips. Will it show up? The test is a Utox. Or will I look like some drug dealer trying so make a new connec? I'm so nervous about everything. And I just hate that my miracle cure is becoming the same illegal game that my DOCs were. I don't have a drivers liscense so I have to take a bus to Boston or rely on some close friends. My wife has a procedure of her own at DHMC the same day. I guess my questions are: 1) Am I still messing around because I have to seek out my Suboxone on the street.
2)My new docs typical protocol is to see patients, then 1 week later, then two weeks later, then monthly. I want to persuade her that my addiction was under control until Dr. Lost his liscence, I was stable. Could she see me every month off the bat due to the long trip? How will I know whether to ask her or not. My old doc immediatly started seeing me monthly, bi-monthly after 2 months due to the long (60 mile) ride. And it was his idea. He trusted me! How can I earn her trust?
3)I want to try subutex. I have never shot up in my life! I get headaches and sometimes feel nauseous andsometimes can't tolerate the taste of suboxone. I had heard the other ingredient Naxolone or whatever its called can cause these symptoms. I never addressed this in the past because these symptoms are not as bad as wds or paws. But if there is a way I can be rid of them and still stay with sub I'm all for it. I have tried the generic sub on the street and it seems to be better, but I have never tried a full dose of it. I can only take the bare minimum it takes to drag my ass to work. My boss is waiting very patiently for the day I become stable again. Sorry I am rambling. Any help or advise? Such would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: your questions
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:36 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

It sounds like we all get nervous when it comes to our appointments. I think we all get a little scared when it comes to seeing new doctors. I've been on subs for 3 weeks so really can not help much but I will say, I have same worries about seeing my pm doc. I would just say be honest and the rest will work it self out.

i would also be on the street looking for subs to help me through to my next appointment. we are all human and we all try not to go through wd's it at all possible. Good luck to you and I hope and Pray it works out for you.

Thanks,
Meltalk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I feel for your situation man. Honestly, I know little about those drug tests. I can tell you that regardless, testing positive for Suboxone will look better than testing positive for heroin or oxycodone, especially if you're honest about your predicament.

I think this is a perfect example of why people who seek diverted Suboxone aren't necessarily "evil" people trying to "destroy the program for the rest of us".

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

THats all I want. 15 years ago, before my addiction began, life was pretty good. I had forgotten how good it was until I was stabalized on 16mgs, I realized how awesome it was not to be chasing drugs all the time, being in a drug induced fog. Now that I remebered, being in the wind sucks even more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and sorry you are dealing with this. I can only tell you what I would do in your shoes, I know honesty is the best policy but sometimes there is a grey area for the greater good (my opinion). Since you were on sub legally prior to your Dr getting shut down I would just tell her that you had enough prescribed sub until you saw her. I would say you cut your dose down to make it to the appointment. Since you are already on a stable maintence dose of sub and live sones far away can I have monthly appointments. I would not ask her for the generic off the bat but maybe you could tell her the problems you have been having. That you had talked to your previous Dr about it and he told you generic subutex would help with the side effects but you were not able to see him.

I did want to let you know that spitting after your sub dissolves can help the symptoms you describe because naloxone is absorbed in the intestines and stomach. I wish you the best and keeus posted!