It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: What to do?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks everyone who is keeping up with my journey. I am still at 1 mg but plan on dropping down to a half a mg Monday morning. I have not been splitting up my dose like I was originally. I just take the dose all at one time. I did run up on some kartom at a head shop in Ga. I purchased two small bags of the powder form. There are no directions on the packages but I did find some directions on line. I'm doing good so far. We will see how it goes when I drop down to a half a mg. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Yours truly, Bamagirl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:35 pm 

Please be careful with the kratom Angie. I know u don't want to hear me be a nagger, but there's someone just posted in the Stopping Section that used kratom as they stopped suboxone. They were taking it to help with the withdrawal symptoms, now they're worried that they've made a mistake because they've used it so long. I'm sure u will read it.

Another poster did the same thing and one day.... boom out of nowhere got extremely sick and vomiting all day long. They believed it was because of the kratom. They stopped immediately.

It's very unpredictable with what contaminates are in it, it's addictive and I just want u to be safe. Dr Junig knew about a case where contamination in the kratom caused awful issues.

Until I came to this forum, I'd never heard of kratom. So I can't speak from experience, just what I've read. I know how hard u are working and u are VERY brave! The way ur facing this head on is so inspiring. Ur doing awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Angie-
I am glad you are doing ok. Please, please heed jennjenn's advice on the kratom. And everyone else's. Although I am not posting often, I am still checking in and reading! You've got this!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good morning, and thank you to everyone who has commented here. I'm still at 1 mg and I'm going to tell ya... ALL 1 MG OF SUBOXONE IS GOOD FOR IS TO KEEP YOU FROM BEING SICK! Thank goodness for the little therapy I have had. All kind of things cross my mind. I miss the comfortable content feeling that Suboxone gives ya. Where the ya never think about your drug of choice. What has my mind going there is worrying about the dang withdrawals that I know are coming. It's like I have this in the back of my mind all the time. I see why people just get fed up and jump at times.... But anyway I am going to the Dr this morning at 9 am to get my comfort meds. Lord, let this Dr know something about Suboxone and the coming off of. I have never been to this Dr so I hope he doesn't judge. I made a good long list of meds I think I will need. I will let everyone know what the Dr gave me this evening. Have a good everyone. Nice to be back on the forum. Sincerely, Bamagirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know how you feel Ang! I don't want those thoughts to come back!! I am so sorry your clinic wronged you. I'm so happy you are being as strong as you are-but coming from you, I wouldn't have expected any less. Good luck at your dr appointment. Let us know

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:54 am 

Angie I feel for u! It isn't fair to have to stop ur treatment before ur ready. I don't know how I'd handle something like that. Ur strong though, and u can do this.

Please let us know what ur doctor says about ur comfort medicine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Awe! Thanks H Town, Jenn.. You guys are too kind. I'm not feeling very good about what I got from the Dr. Just Clonidine and Gabapentin. Nothing for sleep. Nothing for nausea or vomiting. Nothing for my nerves...And check this out! He wants me to take the Clonidine for a few days and then he wants me to take 1 mg of Suboxone every OTHER day... I don't know but I think that's going to have my system going crazy! I'm thinking more along the lines of a littles less than half a mg Suboxone every day then just keep trimming back. MY LORD IT SEEMS I'M DRAGGING THIS THING OUT! Maybe I will skip a day and see what I feel like. Just kind of feel around and see how I feel. It's worth a try. Cutting back and cutting back... Just kinda seems to draaaag on. I will play it by ear. I sure hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather we have been having since the first day of Spring. Lord knows it's nice in Alabama right now. Think we have a cool snap moving in tonight and tomorrow though. WELL... Have a good one everybody. And ideas on what I might could do to get some comfort type meds over the counter would be appreciated. Thanks everyone! Your forum friend, Angie AKA Bamagirl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:29 am 

Gabatin (can't spell it lol) was always really really good for withdrawal bk in my active addiction days. I would take a few of those and be good. Also clonidine worked really awesome for me once when I was trying to cold turkey, I slept the entire time. So maybe those two medications will actually help ya pretty good.

My friend that I went to my clinic with, he was able to quit by skipping days. But let me tell ya, he was ready to come off buprenorphine because he was actually forgetting and skipping days. So I don't know how it'd go for someone who wasn't doing it that way but..... I'm hopeful it could work. It'll definitely give u a look into what life's going to be like without buprenorphine. Regardless, keep us updated!! I have a feeling ur going to be fine :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So good to hear from you Jenn... Yes I'm getting my meds in me first and then I'm going to try skipping a day Sunday or Monday, depending on how I feel after this weekend. I am going on a little riding trip with my new girl friend today and I just don't know how tired I will be when I get back from riding from Alabama to the middle of Texas and back. I'm going to give that skipping days a try though. I can always take a half mg if I get in trouble. I do have a pretty good stash of Suboxone so I'm not worried about that. Well everyone have a good weekend and I'll be back on Sat or Sun. Love you guys!!! Angie :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:43 pm 

Be careful Angie! Texas is a good long ride! My fiancé always talked about the tumbleweeds and armadillo lol (I think that was Texas), he thought that was so cool..... here in East Tennessee, no tumbleweed lol :) maybe a possum or a skunk but nothing exciting.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have some suggestions for you that at least in my expeirence worked very well for me several years ago when I was being forced to a low dose.

1. The gabapentun and clonidine worked very, very well. Don't underestimate them. They really should help you.

2. Multiple doses thoughout the day will work much much better than a single larger dose. For sure 0.5 every 12 hours should be done. You may want to consider 0.33 every 8 hours or even 0.25 every 6. I'd never suggest this for maintenance but for dropping it again is a marked difference.

3. In exactly the same manner as when you have to go into withdrawals to reduce your tolerance to start bup, you can more quickly drop your dose in this manner. It's not easy but gets you down faster and saves medication. If you can stop for 48 or even 72 hours using the other meds, you likely can then start back at 0.25. You'll be surprised at how effective that small dose is after your tolerance has been lowered. Then stay on 0.25 q 12 hours for about a week and do it again coming back on at 0.1 or perhaps 0.15.

At some point you will run out and have to face the withdrawals but these methods will extend your meds and get you much lower much faster. From there you then step off.

I really hope these help.