It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: What to do
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys I finaly got a apointment for next Friday the 26th , they sad my insurance will cover everything besides maybe a co pay . So hopefully it goes good

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's great news BMW. Now you can start off 2015 on a new foot!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:36 pm 

HELL YA!!!
Thats great news BMW..
Just hang on alittle louger and itll be ok...

Razor

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:42 pm 

BMW I am so so glad to see this post of urs!! I have been pulling for u since ur very first post. I cannot wait to see how much ur life will change for the better. U will have such peace of mind and trust me, ur girlfriend will def come to see u made the right decision in time. And ur also very lucky to have insurance to help cover it. I unfortunately don't and I pay a whole lot but its still worth every penny. I always tell ppl who talk about me paying so much....waking up in peace in the morning, money in my pocket, and living life like a normal human again is priceless. U can't put anything above happiness and BMW u will soon see this and what a blessing sub is. Congrats man, I'm very happy to see this and please keep us updated. If u have any questions just ask :) :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Jennjenn thank you so much for the supprt and courage , thanks everyone , more helpful than I thought any forum would be just by people giving advice and boosting my hope , can't thank u guys enough, just hope the apointment goes well just scared he won't give me subs being 3 weeks clean :/ will be longer since my apointment is in about 1 and a half weeks. But the cravings still didn't go away , if they went away I woyld t even try for subs but they haven't . I'm hoping I get them so I get my mind off dope and can get it on things so when I'm off subs im focused and have goals and feel better , besides the cravings , thier are thinfs I can feel better about not being on dope almost every day , my body just feels better kinda , gonna be. long and bumpy road but I'm giving it my all , im gonna get a lot of shit from my gofriend and her family if I get on subs but I'm doing what I thinks best and trying my hardest , another question , I'm on saraquil and aderal , the saraquil I need . I can't do without (200mg) will the subs make me more tired in the morning ? Yes I took subs befor but when I took them in the past I wasn't in the mind of taking them to quit I took them to hold me over so when I took them befor I wasn't in the mind of stoping cravings so I ca. Live my life I took them to get me through till I scored

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:56 pm 

BMW I would be honest with ur doctor. Tell him ur test is probably gonna show negative on opiate but ur barely keeping it together with the crippling cravings and u don't know how long u can stay clean if u can't get on subs again. Now as far as what medications ur taking and them letting u take will be up to the doctor. I don't know a whole lot about that because for 3 yrs I haven't taken anything but sub and advil lol so I don't know what they let ya take. My clinic though is extremely strict but not all are like that. And ur question about will sub make u tired....maybe until u get used to it again. It did make me tired but nothing so bad that I couldn't function normally throughout my day and it does disappear. I hope someone can chime in about the meds ur taking and if the Dr will let u continue to take them.....wish I could help ya more with that one. Keep asking any questions u have, that's what this place is here for!!! Good luck :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tell the doctor exactly what you just told us. Tell him how the cravings won't go away. How you can't stop thinking of drugs. How you know relapse us around the next corner. I can't imagine he won't put you on sub. If for some reason that would happen, I'd be very calm, look him right in the eye and say "are you really telling me I need to fully relapse before being treated? If I had heart blockage would you wait until I was 100% blocked and had an MI before you treat me? If I had high blood pressure would. You wait until I had a stroke to treat me?" Docs are smart people and lok at things in this matter. Don't be mean, just use an "I don't understand" posture and make him explain it to you. He won't be able to.

In other words, unless this is a total goof he'll put you on sub. Which is great to hear!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well the girl asked if I was clean and I said ya and she said ok so I think she knows I'm clean , SO all I can do is hope and pray it goes good

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with donh, if you tell him exactly what you told us, it's highly unlikely that he won't put you on buprenorphine. One of the definite upsides to having not used in a few weeks is that your tolerance had likely gone down quite a bit, so you may not need to be started on a big dose of sub to combat your cravings. It really does work very well for that purpose, and you'll be thrilled to get back to the business of living, without the demon of addiction controlling all your thoughts and holding on by your fingernails to keep clean! I'm happy for you that you're getting this opportunity. In time, hopefully your girlfriend and other loved ones who don't understand, will see the awesome changes in you, and come around and be open to learning more about your treatment. Good for you for taking this step. It takes much courage to ask for help.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Did subs make you guys sick ? Cuz I remember back in the day ( I wasn't on h at the time didn't even have it in my system ) I took a sub and got realy sick puked and felt like shit , does that tend to happen ? Even if thiers nuttin in ur system , my girlfriend is scared that if I get subs I'm gonna look like shit and high around everyone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If a person is completely opiate nieve it will definitely make them sick. You, however, shouldn't be. It's possible that your 3-4 weeks of clean time have lowered your tolerance quite a bit (this is why people tend to die during relapses, because the tolerance is much lower than they expect it to be) but after a few days of a moderate sub dose you will be just fine. It wouldn't surprise me if you have a couple of days of nausea, maybe a headache too, but it will go away fairly soon and you won't even look back!

The others who responded were completely right. Be up front about how bad your cravings are, AND be sure to tell him that you have already had that one relapse. It will make a difference I think. I know this time is really scary. All of us felt the same way when we were waiting to get in to the doctor. I was scared they would turn me away, or that the subs wouldn't work. But, everything usually works out just fine. Remember, these doctors deal with addicts every single day. I'm sure you will be just fine as soon as you talk to the doctor.

I'm so happy for you BMW!

Q

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:43 am 
New Poster
New Poster

How did your appt go?