It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: what should i do?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:16 am 
New Poster
New Poster

ok so here is the deal i dont know if i should even be posting here or not but here is the deal
so about 3 months ago my girlfriend admitted to smoking Oxycontin and it got me very very upset and i told her that i did not
want her to do it again and she said that she would not ever do it again and i trusted her well then we got in a fight and it came out that she had done it again since then so i got upset i have had problems with drugs in my past and have been clean for about 10 years now so i started thinking about what i had done when i was on the crap i asked her that she not see the person that she had got it from and she said that she would not talk to her any more so for about a month it was all good and i started to think that she was good and not doing it any more so i said that she could have her friend over and we could all watch a show that we liked and it was good no problems so then i said she could come over again and that night i got tired early and so i went to bed and as i lay in bed i get this nasty feeling in my gut so i go out and catch them smoking it again and
i lose it and get very upset so i tell her that she cant see this person again for a long time sorry starting to run a bit long winded i will cut it short i asked her how many times it is that she has done that she says 3 times at 100 bucks we dont have alot of money so that kinda hurts and things get better for us it seems like she has stopped and im doing ok and shes doing ok dont think about it for a bit then i find out that she was smoking something in the bathroom again so we sit down and talk it out this time she says that she has come toatly clean and says that it was like 8-9 times ok that hurts like hell that is enough to pay all of the bills for the month so i start checking things out some more time goes by and i start looking and find more proof that she was smoking it and so i ask her about it she says that it is old stuff from when she was smoking ok i guess that i can buy that its only been about 10 days or so i start checking up on her turns out that she is now hiding suboxone but what it boils down to is that i want to know if it is better or worse that she is taking this stuff then smoking Oxycontin what i have read says that it is at least a little bit but i just dont know what the hell im going to do about it and any help would be great thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It sounds like your girl needs some professional help.I don't like to offer suggestion on illegal drug use, but if I had to choose between oxy's and Suboxone, it would be the Sub.However, she is obviously not getting it from a doctor- so she may be misusing it, and if she mixes it with the wrong pill cocktail, it could be lethal!!!!!!!!
Keep this in mind, when people are addicted to a substance and they tell you how much they have used, you should know it is more.When addicted, we become the best liars known to man.
Get her help.

Post subject: mixing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

u cant take oxy then subox she will get sick throwup is she really telling u the truth,if really love her ,help her but honesty first ,dump her so called friends there all addicts she just doesnt know it ,Find another drug opiates will kill both of u,,find out how mg shes doing aday??She has to want to quit herself u cant force her...the suboxone does work and help but get off it in 2 weeks ,first stop the opiates post me back if i can help or hurt more im not a politicion
Major FT Lauderdale

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I agree with some of the things already mentioned, such as getting your girlfriend the help that she needs, but it's true that she has to want it herself. If someone is forcing her to get clean and she isn't doing it for herself then it just isn't gonna work. My addiction started out with narcotic pain pills and progressed over the course of 10 years,off and on, until I found myself addicted to heroin for about a year. I have 4 children and was contacted by Child Protection Services and was told that if I didn't get help or failed 1 drug screen I would lose my kids. Well as much as I love my kids that threat wasn't even enough to stop. When you are hooked on any kind of drug you basically only care about getting high and how you're gonna find a way to get your next fix. So eventually I did get busted and I did get my kids taken away while I was cleaning up . A blessing in disguise because that's what it took for this addict to get clean. Grateful to say I've been clean for 17 months now,also have been on suboxone this whole time, and I did get my kids back this past January! As far as "major" telling you to only stay on it for 2 weeks,that's HIS opinion and not that of a professional,not that I am one either,but according to some of his posts he is fairly new to this site and suboxone also so I would definately talk to a doctor. Just know that everybody is differant and may need to be on it shorter or longer than someone else and not everyone is on the same dose. Since you said you have been down that road before you should know how hard it is to get off it. I think that's great that you love your girlfriend and want to help her and I wish you guys all the best! Another good idea that you mentioned wasa staying away from her old "using" buddies. If they don't change, your girlfriend won't. Like they say, you hang around a barber shop long enough, you're gonna get your hair cut! Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i never took H and did the oxys for 4 months but percs for 1 yr ,my buddy snorted 15 blues aday 30 mg,,got off the subx in 6 days,hasnt gone back.everone is different i just hate pills and would rather get off as soon as possible already lowering my dose evryday,rather go back to weed or coke never got addicted to that stuff,sorry drg74 were all different bet u id love H dont worry im not trying it ,but on the subx i cant drink that much anymore..miss that too,,Everday is a new day my he
head is still above ground,,,, take care,,,i have very few friends left mostly drug addicts,,,
Major FT Lauderdale

Post subject: Grammar??
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know I am new here but some of the posts that are being made are very poorly written and ramble on and on about topics that have little to do with Suboxone issues.

Come on guys, at least make it easy to read, use punctuation and break out a few paragraphs?? lol?

Good luck with your girlfriend, sounds like shes not ready to quit. Maybe you should move on. Sometimes tough love is the only thing that will get your point across.

Once from his disease,
Once from his addiction,
Once from his physician’s ignorance.

Karen Miotto, M.D. - Integrated Substance Abuse Program, UCLA

Post subject: thx for the advice
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:28 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

the day after i posted that i sat down and talked to her and asked her point blank if she was still doing any thing and asked her if she was clean and she said that she was i asked her if there was any thing that she was doing and if she had any cravings and she told me that yes she did i then asked her if the suboxone was working and she tald me that it was working i asked her why it was that she had not told me that she was hiding it and at that point was when she broke down and told me
every thing that yes she was taking it that the reason that she had not told me about it was that she did not want me to know that she was still wanting the oxi and she was afraid that i would not like it because of how it was that she had got it and that
she was doing it because it was not gotten the proper way you know going to the doctor and all of that
she had got it from her friend that had got her hooked in the first place when she had realized just how addictive it was to smoke the oxi she had gone to her doctor and got the suboxone and gave some to my girl friend so now the deal is that she has been off of the oxi for about two weeks and is very happy about that the change in her is amazing she is back to the woman that i fell in love with now the only thing that i am worried about is how it is that we will get her more suboxone hopefully the right way via a doctor as it stands she is not useing it all that much or even very much of it but from all that i have read about it is pricey and she does not have insurance and cant seem to find a doctor in the area that can give it to her any one know where to find the info on were to find a doc in Washington state area ?
her friends doctor is in a different state and very expensive any info would be great

and as to the grammar and the punctuation i suck ass at righting and spelling so if it bugs you that much dont read it lol

The problem isn't that we shot ourselves in the foot; it's how quickly we reloaded and fired again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Go to Suboxone.com - they have a physician finder that lists doctors in your zip code who prescribe suboxone.

Washington state has some programs for chemical dependency treatment for people who don't have insurance. Here is a link to get you started: http://www.dshs.wa.gov/dasa/services/tr ... sion.shtml

From that web page:

State Funding for Alcohol/Drug Treatment is Available Now!
Call the Alcohol/Drug Helpline for information and referrals to treatment: 1-800-562-1240 (from within Washington State) or 206-722-3700 (from Seattle or out of Washington State)

You are lucky to live in WA (I'm in Seattle). DSHS pays for 1 year of Suboxone treatment here and there is pretty good funding for treatment programs...at least compared to other areas of the country. If your girlfriend wants help, she should start calling around. Good luck.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would like to say I think it is a wonderful idea to help get your girlfriend to a doctor if she plans on staying on Suboxone. It can be a wonderful tool if used correctly, speaking from personal experience I'll be clean for 3 years this coming November and while it took alot of hard work on my part perhaps the biggest reason I am still clean is taking Suboxone as prescribed by a doctor who's an addictionologist. It's helped me to lead a normal life again without having to deal with constant thoughts of wanting to use opiates again. It has taken the obsession to use away from me :) As for Major's opinion that one should only stay on Suboxone for two weeks , well that's just simply a bad idea given the facts. If she decides to give sobriety based recovery a shot then that sounds like a wonderful idea to me but it will be alot more difficult than if she decided to go on Suboxone maintenance. She could obviously decide to come off the Suboxone after she feels like she's ready for it but then she'd have to find some other way of dealing with the "obsession" to use opiates, for example getting into a 12-step program, private counseling, etc. Taking Suboxone without a prescription and the care of a doctor is worthless. I'm yet to meet a single person who's still clean after using Suboxone as just another opiate. If done correctly however it is perhaps the best course of treatment for an opiate addict who wants to stay clean (again based on my personal experience and many other opiate addicts I know). Regardless though opiate addiction will not just go away and it will take a great deal of work and dedication but it has certainly been worth it for me so far. I hope you're able to find a solution and please keep us updated.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If suboxone is going to be your method of treatment it certainly is better than opiates,i just happen to know alot of people that have cut it lose in 6 to 10 to 21 days.and i live in one of the largest opiate cites ,FT laud,,..,,and im not new any more,been around the world and in two wars.I luv all u guys and girls and in some respect one way or another ,,we have alot in common.And i will always speak my mind,always thought honesty ,good or bad would be respectful.AND once again were all DIFFERENT,please stop calling me new, call me a BOOT instead.
MAJOR,,FT Lauderdale

Post subject: neyven
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

sorry nevyen hows youre girl doing??remember watch her so called friends,dont let her stay on subx forever, not only will it get expensive...

Major,FT Lauderdale

edited by DoaQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just curious Major but how many of those people you know who've stopped taking Suboxone within 21 days are still clean now? How many of them have been able to stay clean (we're talking completely clean here, not still drinking or smoking pot) for more than a year? The fact of the matter is that's just not how it works for the vast majority (we're talking 90% or more) of opiate addicts. If someone really thinks they can stay clean after just taking Suboxone for 6-21 days and not checking themselves into a long term treatment facility or getting heavily involved in a 12-step or other sobriety based recovery program then they really should invest in some lottery tickets because the odds are completely against them. To further simplify my point: If an opiate addict doesn't get into a long term maintenance medication program using either Suboxone or methadone or doesn't get into a long term treatment facility (we're talking for at least 90 days) or doesn't get into a 12-step or other sobriety based recovery program then their odds of staying clean are about as good as being abducted by aliens. I'm not trying to scare anyone or provide some kind of self fulfilling prophecy. The fact of the matter though is that opiate addicts have an extremely high rate of relapse even if they get into some form of treatment. Telling someone that they can successfully quit using opiates after 6-21 days of treatment is just utter nonsense! I've watched so many people including myself try to just "quit" on their own only to relapse and each time things get worse, each time the process of losing everything the person has takes less time than it did the previous go round, and ultimately the physical, spiritual, and emotional pain gets greater with each successive relapse. I know as an addict I've always had a hard time taking advice from someone else and often times I had to always learn things the hard way but please believe me when I tell you it's just not worth it to see if 6-21 days of taking Suboxone is enough to keep you clean longterm....because statistically speaking it's not!

Post subject: indiana student
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Is a moderator,sent PM didnt want to discourage anything or anyone,Trying to understand who chooses moderators,i Certainly am not one.any degrees yet Matt2 ? missing some oxys today because we have to many unintelligent moderaters.
Do u and Jack surf together?I always thought tough luv and willpower could solve somthing.
Major FT Lauderdale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First of all, my name is not Jack. Jack Kornfield wrote the quote I use in my signature line. I am not a guy either, just fyi.

To remind everyone: this is not a forum for debating the merits of Suboxone. This is also not a forum for insulting the moderators.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

well to be honest she is doing great the changes that i have seen in her in just the last week have been amazing it is almost like she has gone back in time and brought her old self back with her she is all smiles like she used to be she knows that i am keeping an eye on her and now she is thanking me for the support that i have given her insted of being pissed that i am keeping an eye on her and yes i know that it doesnt get all better right away and i know that the chance is there for her to back slide again and to be honest with my self i am expecting it but at the same time i dont think that she will she is the one that went out and got this suff after looking for a way to help herself get clean and that is one of the first steps it was hard for her to do it we fought about it for weeks that i knew that she was still hideing it from me and when i asked her she would lie till she was blue in the face and now that she has been on the suboxone she is holding nothing back even the stuff that she knows might hurt me and herself or angry but she is being honest for the first time in months about all of it and yeah some of it sucks ass but at the same time its great now the only part that is going to be a pain is finding a doctor that we can afford lol but hey its worth it right ?? i know that it was for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Major!

In case you wondered, I help choose the moderators. Not only am I a moderator, I am an administrator.

I'm sorry you cannot reply, but you didn't follow the rules.