It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:39 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I get mine at average $13 each. This is double what I used to pay when I had insurance and scripts but since generics are so hard to find and an understanding & willing doctor is definitely difficult to get, I'm happy with this price. I'm talking about 8mg.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i just recently lost my insurance and have to pay for my script..i told my doctor and he gave me the 50$ discount card for the suboxone films...he told me to see how much it will be, with the discount they came out to $6.08 per film...or $182.26 for my script of 30 8mg films...he said he would also write for the zubsolv tablets and that he would give me the $75 discount card that they offer....i got the pharmacist to quote both meds...the zubsolv with the discount came out to $5.90 per tab or 176.99 for a script of 30 8mg..

so the difference per script is only $5.27 so i will stay on the suboxone films because i wouldnt be saving much at all to switch and ive been on subs for 4 months...dont wanna switch if i dont got to....

but yea, big difference for what youre paying...im in pennsylvania an hour from philly....so i dont know know what part of the country youre in...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ouch. In Wisconsin, generic buprenorphine goes for about $2.25 per 8 mg tab-- that works the same as Suboxone. I think of all the money that states and insurers could save, if someone really took the time to understand the issue....

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I started a thread a while back about the ludicrous price of this med. I live in VA, and for a 28 day supply of 84 films I pay nearly 700.00 which is good compared to cvs, whose price is almost 1200.00 for 84 films. I looked into generics but they are over 750.00 at cvs and 850.00 at the independent pharmacy I use. The generics were actually more expensive at my pharmacy. Anyone know why the generic would be more? I checked into zubsolv and it's the same exact price as suboxone films, but zubsolv.had a 75.00 coupon that can be used twice a month, suboxone has a 50.00 coupon that can only be used once a month. So, next month I'll be making the switch to zubsolv. Anyone tried it? I pay out of pocket for everything so I gotta save money any way I can. I'm nervous about making the switch because the dosage is lower, and I already know how well sub has worked for me. I know zubsolv is supposed to have superior absorption, but still........

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ive heard they work identical to suboxone but i have the same fear as you....just not knowing about it or any experience with it makes me worry...and that they are tablets .vs. films...but yea i have no idea...never even heard of them or seen them in my area...only heard of them on here...and them my doc mentioned them to me yesterday

but yea at the prices you're paying, i dont blame you for switching...sounds like va is crazy down there! haha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:26 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Big difference in prices. Wow. I've never heard of coupons for meds when paying out of pocket, I'll look into that.
Thanks for your replies.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:02 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I hope everyone who is paying cash and uninsured has looked into individual pharmacy savings plans. Walgreens has a plan that costs $30.00 per year and cuts the cost of most prescriptions dramatically. I believe CVS and maybe Walmart have a a similar program, they won't make you aware of it typically, but ask about it. I was uninsured for a few months a couple years ago and it brought buprenorphine to the couple bucks per 8mg pill price at my pharmacy.

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I didn't know about that twin cities, thanks. I'm spending a small fortune, so I'm definitely gonna check that out!