It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Does anyone know if there are any vitamins or anything else you should avoid high doses of while on suboxone? When I was on methadone I was told to avoid high doses of vitamin C because it would make your body metabolize the meth quicker. I assume you should avoid grapefruit juice since it's sublin. but wasn't sure about anything else. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was given Strattera for ADHD while on suboxone. since Adderral isn't exactly "addict friendly" I had a very bad reaction to it. Let me mention first that I had taken Strattera before I was on the Suboxone, with no problems at all, it didn't work as well as the Adderall so I switched back to it. But Within about an hour of taking the Strattera while on the suboxone I was having very rapid heart beats and sweating, this continued the entire time, but even worse reactions happened later on that day such as constant shaking and twitching, not being able to put together a sentance correctly without stuttering, I had zero desire to eat, my mouth was dry as sand, It would be safe to say that I felt as I was going through Withdrawels for about 2 days with even worse feeling. I felt better the Third day, but still remained uneasy for another two.

When I saw the Sub doctor the following month and told him what had happened to me, and he quickly told me to stop taking it and was completely unaware of the reaction the two drugs cause. Considering I only took one dose of it and it made me suicidal for a few days, I decide to just deal with the ADHD and stop treating it. I have realized that the suboxone actually helps me, or maybe I'm just growing up. What ever the case may be, stay away from Strattera.
Chuck