It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

which is real recovery?
Poll ended at Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:14 pm
Eventually being completely titrated from all treatment medications 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
getting to as low as dose as possible 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
being able to lead a stable, healthy life with or without medication depeding on the person 86%  86%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 21
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:?: I hear a lot from doctors that I talk with who are trying to only use suboxone as a titration drug- now dont get me wrong, i beleive if you can get off suboxone, or methadone then more power to you and congratulations. However there are many of us that have attempted to detox and find ourselves (after years) to not be better. I beleve this varies from person to person and many of us HAVE damaged our ability to produce dopamine. Im not able to post a site yet but ther is lots of documentation out there about opiates depleating peoples dopamine. My point is if your a Doctor and you have a patient who tells you they are not going to make it titrating- especially if they have tried it before and explained their story or you have documented their story- PLEASE LISTEN. Do yo have a hard time getting your doctor to hear you? Many addicts do- If so, I suggest gathering evidence from other sources to help prove your point.
the other thing that angers me is DOCTORS MUST LEARN WHAT REAL SUCCESS IS when it comes to recovery. What do you think?
I added a poll which I would love to see people answer, I believe their are a few doctors here that need to hear what real addicts feel works best for them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree 100% ! And real recovery to me is not relapsing because you are taking medication that provides a better quality of life. Anytime I am not medicated,I am a complete mess, so am I a bad person because I have found that Suboxone is a very positive thing in my life and I want to keep it that way? If something is not broken, why fix it??

Post subject: I agree!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Do we deserve to be listened to less than any other patient- someone who maybe has COPD or who has some sort of other CHRONIC ILLNESS, which I believe is what addiction is. I don't think so- but many times- and ive seen it time and time again, our doctors discount the issues we are having- whether its a complaint, a related medical issue, or a need to increase or decrease our dose. Why do we get discounted? Because addicts lie, they steal, they are unreliable and they manipulate to get what they want. can you deny that you have done these things? I cant. However In recovery I've worked years at doing away with these behaviors and can honestly say I am no longer manipulative, no longer a liar. However My doctor who now sees close to his limit of 100 patients seems to be grouping all of us together- in other words leaving us feeling that 1. once an "addict (and I mean addict behavor), 2. I don't know whats good for me- I am unable to make decisions about my own body, and 3. that He knows better than me what my body needs. I dont feel like this is fair. On the other hand I realize for every one of me he probably has 20 patients who are manitpulating him and are trying to just get drugs they dont need or evade real help. For those of us choosing real recovery, I think finding proof from other sources to prove points and back up what you need is a great idea. Our doctors have to realize that though we may share some similarities we are deffinatly not the same and all have different needs.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:48 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Sometimes doctors are going to be lazy. But, listing could really be a good help on searching the doctors and contacting them.