It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello to all looking to sober up!! I really wanted to write something, on a list of things for all to expect when planning on detoxing. I wish I could of known all of this when I started!! A little about me, Hi my name is Wes and I am an addict. I have always done some form of drug or alcohol over the last twenty years. About three years ago I had multiple surgeries and got way addicted to pills. Then two years ago after they gave me a bad ulcer I really needed to quit them and suboxone came to my rescue!! Now after two years of being on it and going through horrible depression. Then never knowing if tomorrow was gonna be a good day or a bad day, I'm sure you all know what I mean!! But enough about me, your here to know what's gonna happen!! I ran out for four days once when I was on 8mg a day and again when I was down to 1mg a day! What I found was it was just as bad coming off of 1mg as it was 8mg!!!!! Sorry I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear. The first 24 hours when you start feeling lazy, if you can sleep; do it!!!!!! Because by the end of it you will be praying for sleep!! The damn creepy crawlies that run through your skin and bones will not let you sleep!!!! I wish I would of known about the sleep thing at that time!! The next 24 hours will be the sh*ts and loss of appetite! Also the uncontrollable crying and horrible irritability!! No energy what so ever!! Your bodies senses will start to show themselves again like crazy! If someone touches you it will send chills though your whole body! Also your horny hormones will go super nuts, lol. You will start to think your losing your mind!! Your mind and body will not feel connected at all. Now for the next 24 hours, 72 hours total and maybe 2 hours of sleep total!! The only thing I found that helped me was to sit outside and build a fire all night, every night! Because I started to learn by the second night I wasn't going to fall asleep! So by now your body will be ready to shut down, you'll keep thinking your legs are gonna give out at anytime!! The muscle aches will be unbearable! But wait, hold on your almost there!! The next 24 hours are getting a little better! You can get maybe about 4 hours of total sleep that night!! Your appetite starts to come back!! So in a 96 hour stretch, you'll get a total of 6 hours! Every 24 hours after that; start to get a little better! 5 hours, then 6hours, and I'm hoping I may see 7 hours tonight!! Still have the sh*ts but only in the morning!! So I really hope that this might help someone get through there detox!! I think if I knew what to expect, it would of made it a little easier. Every little bit sure could help!! This really sucked and I don't think I will ever go on it again because I don't want to do that detox again!!!!! I may of missed a couple things, but if I think of any I will add it to the list!! If you need to talk just send a message!! Talking about it helps too, don't bottle it up!! I will try to add more if it happens!! I'm terrified about the 1/2 life of subs, I hope there is not a second detox coming!!! Good luck to everyone and god bless!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Greetings, thanks for the post. Not a fun thing to read while I'm planning my jump off (hopefully in the next 2 or 3 weeks). I'll be down to .25 or .125 mg/day by then, so hopefully it will be less painful.

Funny to hear that I can expect my sex hormones to be going into overdrive at a time when i'll be sleep deprived, probably have the runs, am chilled, crying uncontrollably and can't stand being touched. Not a pretty picture, lol.

-- JI

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Trust me, I am not a doctor, but I do play one on occasion *wink wink*, its not going to be that bad! Day 7 for me and I slept more last night, have energy this morning and feel pretty damn good!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Good luck!! One more thing I remembered is the damn hot and cold flashes!! Laying in the sun or hot, hot showers really helped!!!! I'm on day 7 and it is better but not over yet!! Only 5 hours of sleep last night!! Also for anyone that doesn't get all of these side affects, you are some really lucky moe foes!! Lol!! Good luck everyone!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had the sweats for about an hour last night. Hate the sweats but they stopped. I got decent sleep last night and feel pretty good at day 7 too! Yay us!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:02 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

johnny_ikon wrote:

Funny to hear that I can expect my sex hormones to be going into overdrive at a time when i'll be sleep deprived, probably have the runs, am chilled, crying uncontrollably and can't stand being touched. Not a pretty picture, lol.

-- JI

LOLOLOL :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:50 pm 

I take my hat off to anyone who can successfully quit and stay off Suboxone for years. I only know of one, and that's Romeo here. His story is about what you described so you're not far off the symptom list. Basically the same symptoms as getting off any high dose of opiate. And yes, 1 mg of Bupe is a high dose.

But let's keep this in perspective. For those of you who are stopping now or are planning on jumping in the near future, please read some of the old posts in this section and Bupe in the Rear View Mirror. A good many members have had a less dramatic withdrawal process. Some have been down right surprised at how little they suffered getting off of it.

I don't want to come off as bashing anyone but one persons experience is not necessarily going to be some one else's. Is the title true? Of course it is, for the person who went through it. No doubt about it. Will it all be true for others? Can't say. Maybe, maybe not. Like I said, get better informed by reading more posts.

Congratulations Wawa, on your success of getting off Sub. Please stay the course and keep posting.

rule

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I always liked the saying, 'hope for the best but prepare for the worst.'

With my Suboxonw taper, however, I'm just going a day at a time and not worrying about tomorrow, much less next week. It'll be whatever it is, and I have faith that I'll get thru it fine.

- JI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all! On day 11 and things are getting much better!! Sleeping still sucks, stuck on about 4 to 5 hours a day!! Better mood! No real hidden 1/2 life side affects, well nothing really worth mentioning!! Good luck to all making the jump! May your higher power watch over you!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:21 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey wawa! Your doing incredible!! Your positive attitude is what will get you through this. I remember day 7; i was jamming to music, feeling almost reborn and Extremely emotional. Expect that to slowly go away as your body gets back in tune with itself. Romeo calls this the "pink cloud effect" . Feeling emotions for the first time in Years can be preety damn liberating and even give you a much needed push to keep fighting. I'm happy for you. BTW what dose,have you jumped from?? I jumped from 2mg about 4 months ago, and can relate with much of what you describe. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

One day at at time is all we can do! Good job, Wawa! Look at how far you have come! And the documentation can help you as well! Just think if you had put off your detox, you'd still have to go through all of it, but because you were strong and courageous, you are now on day 11 and getting better by the day! I am sure there will still be rough patches ahead, but they will come fewer and father between and you may not even associate those hard times with Sub!

Last edited by Debbierdmn0810 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Is that wawa, like, call me a wahmbulance, boo hoo, or wah wah pedal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jf_L5-2qI0

Or? :)

Congrats! Man, the progress and success stories keep piling up in here, getting difficult to keep up with 'em all. Mind, not complaining at all, it's great stuff!