It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

First Off its nothing as bad as I was anticipating. Mind you I did a lot of research and tapering. Just like the rubix cube a 12 year old solved this easily, theres answers out there if you look.

I am doing much better today then yesterday. I am currently 2 days off my last dose of suboxone. The first night I slept for just a just a couple hours with the help of Seroquel and Xanax and gabapentin. My wife said my legs and arms were convulsing like crazy but I'm glad it was in my sleep. I am almost feeling completely better today. Im thinking because I was so uncomfortable while tapering I must of been w/d or detoxing from suboxone during the taper. I think this because I couldn't sleep good with anything under 1.5 mg of subs. But now its over 48 hrs past my last dose and I now okay like I did when I would take my low dose of subs, just fine! Its so much more do-able then trying to come off heroin or such. I was worried about how bad these w/d were gonna be but its much better and easier then coming off of street drugs I was using. The first day sucks but its better after that. I tapered pretty fast too, like from 8mg to .5 in a month. your body will be your guide as to what you can handle. Its not as bad as I thought and I wish I did it sooner. I wish I would have found a dr who specializes in treating PAWS and detox but Im sure theres not many out there. Hang in there and let me know if you have any questions. Ill stay on here keeping everybody posted. Thnaks for caring it helps to be heard. I will be journaling the next month or so.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:38 pm 

I'm glad you're doing better than you thought you would! You may have a couple days here and there that feel like you took a step backward, but that should be the exception, not the norm. For some people symptoms peak at days 7 - 11, but everyone is different. There have been plenty of people who tapered low that don't end up getting sick much at all.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Amy