It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: What Can We Do??
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Luckily I moved to a different city, but I had one hell of a time with a pharmacist at a CVS near me. Every single time I went in with a script for Suboxone, this guy would call me up to the counter and tell me what day I was last in the store to pickup my script, and ask me numerous questions about the script. If I was one day early, it turned into a huge ordeal. One time,my doctor upped my dose from 8mg to 12mg, and he literally called me out in the store and argued with me.My doctor called it in and spoke to the other pharmacist but he left no notation on the change, so this guy refused to give me my script.I told him to call the other pharmacist and he outright refused.A couple of days later, I had a message from him apologizing for his mistake because he did not know.
One other time, I took a script in and the pharmacist said it was too soon to fill, wrote a date on it, scratched it out cause it was wrong date and rewrote it in, saying it would be OK. When I took it back, I got a call from them asking me why it was like that, and because I didn't answer quick enough, was told it would not be filled and got hung up on. I called back and told her she was being unprofessional and she said that she spoke with the person who scratched out the date, but I did not answer her fast enough so she suspected I was lying. So quick to judge someone, eh?
I have never had a pharmacist quiz me on a prescription like I have with Suboxone, and trust me it was embarrassing and uncalled for.I never did anything to provoke the behavior, but what could I have done? I am not certain on laws concerning these issues, but I thought that if your insurance lets the script go through, they have to give it to you, as long as everything checks out.
What is a person supposed to do if they feel a pharmacist is treating them unfairly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Holy crap, that is crazy. I don't think I would have been able to keep my cool in that situation. Was that the only pharmacy you could go to at the time?

I guess if you feel like it and have the energy/motivation, you could write some angry letters to CVS corporate, review them on some online review site, complain to the manager...that kind of thing.

And of course you've already taken your business elsewhere, so that's good.

I don't know what else can be done. Hopefully someone else will have some advice for ya.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i don't know what can be done either, but my fiance and i have both had pharmacist issues in the past. and don't ya know it, neither of us can remember the specifics of what he did or said, but i do remember how he made me feel. he made me feel ashamed and embarrassed. he made me feel like a criminal. and the hypcocrisy of it all ticks me off to no end! when i'm getting high off my pain pills, when i go up to the counter with my rx in hand, and i'm breathing really hard and my face is pouring down sweat and my hands are shaking, and i claim i'm having a panic attack, could you please hurry?? but really it's all a ploy to try and hurry up the 1 hour waiting process because i'm really going through pretty bad withdrawals, you're happy to oblige me. but when i'm normal and act like any other customer, but i hand in an rx for suboxone, NOW i'm treated this way?? when i'm making a change to get help for my addiction, that's when i need to be treated like a criminal?? Really?!

eh hem. sorry about that there. couldn't help myself.

i will say that we now have one regular pharmacy for all of our scripts, and over 2 years, they have gotten to know us, and we them, and so everybody is happy.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I guess im pretty lucky. Ive never even had a second glance from my pharmacy staff...they act as if it were any medication. I did use that pharmacy when i was using and would fill anything from opiates to ambien to barbs. I dont do any of that anymore, just the subs..i wonder if they noticed or if there are far too many people that come through to actually notice anything.

As for your post, im sorry that youre going through such a hard time. Nothing makes me angrier than being treated like a criminal.