It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am actauly taking 2mg every 72 hours and will cut back to 1.5 every 72hrs, then take 1mg before jumping. Using a half-life formula I stumbled upon, I will have 1.5 total mg of Sub in my system at jump-off which is roughly equivalent to someone who takes 0.5mg daily before juming off. What kind of withdrawal can I expect?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:01 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I have worked this down from 2 to 0.4. take a look at my post but not everyone is different.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Everyone handles it differently, as I'm sure you know, but I'd guess that your withdrawal symptoms will be light. They will most likely prove to be a little annoying because they like to hang around for a while, but they won't be severe, IMO.

Last edited by tinydancer on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
typo

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

tinydancer wrote:
Everyone handles it differently, as I'm sure you know, but I'd guess that you're withdrawal symptoms will be light. They will most likely prove to be a little annoying because they like to hang around for a while, but they won't be severe, IMO.

Like 7-10 days thereabouts?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This question is tricky and the answer is two-fold.

Are you asking about acute withdrawals, immediately following the medication leaving your system? Or the Post Acute withdrawals that come from your body and brain learning to function without an opiate/opioid?

I'd expect your acute withdrawals to last about 7-10 days, that seems pretty accurate, especially given the fact that you're already skipping days. PAWs is anyone guess, but it's pretty normal to have a long adjustment period if you've been on opiates for a long time. Random chills, sneezing, anger, depression, tiredness. This can hang around for a while. It has nothing to do with how long you've been on suboxone, or what dose you jump from, it has to do with how long your brain has been depent on an opiate to function. Time can only heal this one.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

tinydancer wrote:
This question is tricky and the answer is two-fold.

Are you asking about acute withdrawals, immediately following the medication leaving your system? Or the Post Acute withdrawals that come from your body and brain learning to function without an opiate/opioid?

I'd expect your acute withdrawals to last about 7-10 days, that seems pretty accurate, especially given the fact that you're already skipping days. PAWs is anyone guess, but it's pretty normal to have a long adjustment period if you've been on opiates for a long time. Random chills, sneezing, anger, depression, tiredness. This can hang around for a while. It has nothing to do with how long you've been on suboxone, or what dose you jump from, it has to do with how long your brain has been depent on an opiate to function. Time can only heal this one.

I will have been on Sub about a total of 6 weeks at jump-off. I have not been dependant on opiates for about a year prior to this time. Thanks for your insight!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:02 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

as TD stated its different for all. there is no way can determine your time. if you were only on it that short time you should be short and sweet, but with this there is nothing in stone.