It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm wanting to know everybody's opinions on the type of generic bupe that they are taking.I know there are three types out there and the one that I just got (after being switched from sub) is not as potent as the original. The nausea has went away but I'm needing more of my medication. Will everyone PLEASE weigh in on the brand they are using and if it works well so I will know what to work towards getting. Thanks to all who will help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi 8)

so, there were two of these same exact posts, Im not sure if that was on purpose or not, I deleted the "copy" though.
please don't double post, if it WASNT an accident,,,, it just makes it REALLY confusing,when you have multiple answers, in
multiple threads........
if it WAS on accident, NO worries :wink:

now then,
this topic has actually been brought up a few times before..... there are not many members on THIS site on the generic, though.
which sucks, yes,,,,
but I will try my best to find you some good threads,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I know of ONE good one, that can't be more than a month or two ago,,,
where I put four or five good links of threads about ALL the different brands on a reply.......

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7625
well THIS ^^^^^^ is the thread I was thinking of, but she never came back and posted,,,,so It's not really worth reading,,,
BUT,,,,,,,,,,,, THESE ARE

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7500 hi-tech brand

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6738 (teva brand, and others talk about different brands)

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3798 *** this one seems to have the most detailed information on brands***

here's a DIFFERENT ONE, i just found today,,

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4799

HOPE THIS HELPS you with your choices,,,,,

So, now Im going to say the same thing, I said before (in first link i gave) IF YOU COME BACK AND TELL US,,

WHAT worked(s) BEST for YOU,,,,, you might be helping LOTS of other people............

ok?

So, i do hope you can find at least SOME useful information here,
have a great SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and if you have ANY more questions, please just ask!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Roxane Labs
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I apologize if this is a repeat as I did not go to the threads that were supplied to you. Because I have to split my dose I use the Roxane brand of Buprenorphine it is 8 mgs and easy to cut in half. One month my pharmacy gave me Hi-Tech brand. The 8 mg tablet is the size of a 2 mg tablet of the Roxane brand which obivously is very hard to cut. i found that the Hi-Tech brand was weak as I would find myself in somewhat of withdrawl after 4 hours of taking it. I tried to make it work without taking more but by the end of the month I was all over the on what I was taking and found myself for the first time in almost 4 yrs of being close to being out the last few days of the month and of course was taking less to get to my appointment.

I spoke to the pharmacy and they said they have heard a mix some say it is better others say what I say. Could be psychological just because us addicts hate change. Anyway they told me they would make sure to give me the Roxane Lab brand going forward. I have had no problems since. I did take Teva one month a while back they are very hard to cut but the strength was good..........

Good Luck.....

Jim

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks so far! I have been on 4mg of the strips for five months after insurance went up on the tablets. I finally t got them to pres robe the generic which is the high tech brand .It is ok but had to up the dose about 2mgs . It seems to give me a ton I mean a ton of energy for work. But I am not getting as tired when it comes time to crash ! So you think the Roxanne is better than teva or just cuts better? I can always ask for the two milligrams instead of the 8. Strange the hi tech are making me a little o.c.d .on cleaning and being neat ,very weird? I have had no withdraw symptoms though just energy ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks so far! I have been on 4mg of the strips for five months after insurance went up on the tablets. I finally t got them to pres robe the generic which is the high tech brand .It is ok but had to up the dose about 2mgs . It seems to give me a ton I mean a ton of energy for work. But I am not getting as tired when it comes time to crash ! So you think the Roxanne is better than teva or just cuts better? I can always ask for the two milligrams instead of the 8. Strange the hi tech are making me a little o.c.d .on cleaning and being neat ,very weird? I have had no withdraw symptoms though just energy ..