It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've had no luck with anti-depressions,benzos work very well but tiredness is an issue.
I stopped benzos 6 months ago,after 10 years,and now same feelings are back.

I may try anti-depressions again is there any that can help increase energy?

I've seen some people react very well to pyscotropics but they just seem to put me in outer space??

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Recommending anti-depressants is a bit out of my comfort zone. I have tried several over the past few years, and I have found that what works well for one person doesn't always work well for others. Also, I could be wrong here, but I don't see why being on suboxone would effect how any anti-depressants would react in your system. It seems like that would be completely unrelated to me.

All of this being said, I can share what I have experienced. I took Paxil for about a year during 2002-2003. This was pre suboxone therapy, and really pre dated my serious addiction issues. It worked well for me during the time I needed it. I had no problems discontinuing treatment with it when I felt I didn't need it any longer.

Fast forward to today. LOL...big changes in mental stability post addiction. I started out trying Lexapro which I could not tolerate. It gave me a serious energy buzz which wasn't entirely uncomfortable the first few days but wound up turning into serious anxiety and tension issues. I then switched to a newer drug, Pristiq, it has worked very well for me. I don't feel any difference at all while I am taking it. The only side effect is a bit of decreased sex drive...which I guess I could afford to knock down a peg or two anyway. :P

Anyway, my point was...be careful taking recommendations from anyone else about things like this. I had several friends who swore Lexapro was a miracle for them...not so much for me!

Q

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks.I'm at a major cross roads after being on disability for 5 years and now that I can go back to work I'm facing some of the consequences of addiction and the limitations of my disability

It could be when I stop smoking depression will lift it's head .After 1-2 days of not smoking,but using a patch,by the 3rd of fourth day depression was horrible.
Some say depression is anger turned inwards but I think it's not that simple.I do't feel angry when depressed I feel empty and sad.Maybe anger is hiding??

I've heard that a type of green alge can bring on good mood and high energy.Vit B used to work for energy without any crash,tiredness or any other side effects.

Depression may have been due to holidays.I guess I'll find out.