It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have posted here before. I was doing well but relapsed on the subs at 2 mg. used for about 2 weeks. Insurance wouldn't give me anymore subs. Just comfort meds. I don't have any more money right now to see a doc. I bought subs off the street and took 2mg at 24 hours. I was a 13 on COWS. I went into WD. Not horrible but pretty bad. My question is when can I take again. Can someone help me with a short taper schedule? I have about 32 mg of subs. Thanks for any help

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:54 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Suzspag,
I am by no means an expert on a tapering method.
Right now, I would suggest you think about a liquid taper method. It's easier to control small amounts of Suboxone better, as far as a quick taper. But it takes a lot of discipline, but it doesn't sound like you have a lot of time on your hands so you are pressured for the best answer. You can research while you wait on someone more knowledgeable to come a long.
Personally, I use an alcohol base liquid(Listerine 20%). It just seems to get a little more absorption that way so you don't have to use as much. Just my opinion of my own experience. Most everyone uses a water for a base liquid. My way is not for everyone, so don't take it my way is the best way.
Anyways, it sucks to be in your shoes and we have all been there at least once or twiced in our career starring in that movie, "Drug of Our Choice" lol
They're will be someone along to help you soon.
Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What did you relapse on?

I'm old school, but whenever I had gone into PWs in the past, I just continued taking sub. Buprenorphine will eventually take over and replace whatever it was that you were on.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tiny dancer- I relapsed for about 2 weeks on roxy. After the PW subsided I took more roxy. I'm so scared. I don't know what to do. I want to get back on the subs but don't know when to start and have minimal supply and about 40 dollars in the back.