It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Well... Hi there!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi.. My name is ...errr.... J Cizzle .. I'm 25 years old and was addicted to oxycodone for approx. 2 years, then in an attempt to get off I switched to methadone maintenance, which I remained on for two years until I realized that methadone was (in my situation) not very helpful with quitting. I found that it put me in a deep haze ... I am a hip hop writer/artist and have been for the past 10 years, but it seemed as if the methadone put some sort of creativity block in my brain. where as before I could sit and write countless pages of lyrics with no problem, but while on methadone I was lucky to scribble out a couple lines.. About 4 months ago I decided I was sick of being held back from my dreams and went cold turkey off of 160mgs of methadone.. I was good for about 5 days, then serious withdrawal hit which is when I proceeded to a detox program which I THOUGHT was going to put me completely in the clear but my last few days in the hospital they induced me onto suboxone saying that the methadone had damaged my brain chemistry so severely, going cold turkey would be extremely dangerous. My doc started me out on 16mgs a day... But I did my own research and found that that was quite a high dose and wasn't really necessary so I went against doctors orders and only did 8mgs a day for the first month... The second month the doctor still insisted on 16mgs even though I told him 8 was working just fine, so against the doctors orders again I lowered my dose to 6mgs I do 4 in the morning because I usually wake up super early and 2mgs in the afternoon around 2pm and that's what I have been doing the past 3 months.. Even though my doctor STILL thinks I should be on 16mgs a day for whatever reason (my thoughts is that these doctors get big bank for keeping people on these meds) ...
Anyways there's a short summary of my journey...more will come out in time I'm sure...

I am new to this forum, not new to forums in general so I know how most of this stuff works but I notice terms such as "SWIM" and what not I am not familiar with, so if there is some certain terminology I should be following please advise...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

BTW I didn't mention, suboxone does work wonders for me.. I haven't used once during the suboxone period but at the same time I don't want to be on this forever I am looking to be off within the next few months but the doctor is suggesting AT LEAST a year of sub.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi,,, glad you found us!!!

if you look around the "stopping suboxone" and "bupe in the rear view" sections, you can see lots and lots of
taper threads, by people who have tapered their dose down REAL low, and jumped with minimal withdrawls,,,
there's also what we call "high jumps" people have done, in going off suboxone.....
that's usually two mg or higher, some CRAZY people jump from 8mg or more,
and a few HAVE BEEN SUCESSFUL.... so have NO FEAR, there is Hope in "life after suboxone" for sure,,,
but if you choose to stay on it, that's okay too.

there's LOTS of support here, either way, whatever you decide....

we are ALL on our OWN path, as I like to say, so whatever that is, YOU GO FOR IT :wink:

here's a couple threads I'll recomend to you to read when you have some time.....

the "number one" taper thread
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=296

my favorite "taper method" LOL, even though, I personaly have 0 experience with it, just seems the
most simplistic, to ME
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7449

a really good "high jump" thread
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5965

and the most recent, "high jump" thread

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7938

well there's your homework !!! LOL

seriously, there's alot of knowledge to gain, lots of support to get and friends along the way around here,if that's what
your looking for.

so here's your FORMAL WELCOME

[marq=right] ~~~~WELCOME TO THE FORUM~~~~ [/marq]

good luck with whatever you decide to do
and let us know how your doing once in awhile!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:51 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Welcome to the forums! I recently "High Jumped", if you're looking to be off in a few months, I don't suggest this, lol. People seem to have more positive success with tapering to a very low dose and then kickin em to the curb.

Take a look at those taper posts for sure, and if you read mine, it gets better and less miserable on page two+ ;).

Your doctor is Indeed crazy. Stupid that a low dose is working for you but he insists on nearly trippling it. I'm not a doctor but my -opinion- is to keep doing your thing. You seem to have found a level that's comfortable for you.

If you've got any questions about high jumps let me know! I'm full of Information! And sarcasm!

Once again welcome buddy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you both for the welcome, and i will definitely be checking out those taper threads!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi J and welcome. I can only imagine that going CT from 160mg of methadone must have been hell. Ouch! I also think you're smart to take the dose that works for you and not let the doc push you into taking 16mg/day. It sounds like you feel good on Sub, so don't be in a huge rush to get off, just take your time.
To answer your question, there is no special terminology you need here, and we don't use SWIM - most people just don't use their real name or personal information for confidentiality. Other than that, feel free to speak your mind!
I look forward to hearing more from you,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:31 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Those websites are quite annoying.

Swim thinks you should take 5 bags and shove them up swims nose.

Took me forever to figure out what the hell was going on.

;).