It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I had a pacemaker-type device implanted on Monday Morning, it's an experimental device for those of us with severe Central Sleep Apnea. I developed Sleep Apnea as a direct side Effect of Suboxone, but I have a bad Doctor who I can't talk to, but I have to stay with him until July because I am on a free meds program. I have gotten almost ALL of my help from this website, and for that I am eternally grateful. Anyway, I have been sending info to the Doctor who did my surgery for WEEKS, but his hands were a bit tied, as he respected my wishes NOT to get my Suboxone Doctor involved (my Subox Doc among other things, had me on 32 mgs of Subs, which almost killed me until I tapered myself down to 10 mgs--BY COULD NOT CHANGE DOCS BECAUSE i NEEDED THE FREE MEDS. PROGRAM) Very long, twisty story. Anyway, all I was afraid of was not being put under correctly, and being in pain after. So I'm getting ready to go into the O.R. and the anesthesiologist comes in and says "HI, whats the problem?" and I say "Well I'm on Suboxone" and he says "Never heard of it". Can I TELL you how quickly I burst out crying? Fortunately, The surgery went okay, but when I woke up I was in some pretty decent pain, and was only given Tramadol?Toradol? every SIX hours, which didn't do a dang thing. I had even stopped my Subs a couple of days early so they could/would give me narcotics, but all they kept saying was "Well this really SHOULDN'T hurt that bad". God I hate that. I hate when Doctors and nurses tell me what' should' and 'shouldn't' hurt. Fortunately, it was not a terribly invasive surgery, but I will never, EVER have anything else done without a much better post-op plan, i.e., a better Suboxone Doctor to plan with the surgeon. ! Anyway, this incredible website has saved me on so many occasions...I am so very grateful. I wonder how long it will take, or if the medical community will ever get on board with this drug? It could be helping SO many people! What a shame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]

bdonahueweedman

I'm so sorry what you had to go thru. I'm with you on being fed up with doctors and not being educated properly. Then to just leave you hanging. Worst yet,is to tell you what you should or should not be feeling. WTF???????
How do they sleep at night knowing they let someone stay in pain. I have to wonder if they have other drugs available and they not taking it themselves. I know for a fact that happens.
They also good for marking us as "addicts". We addicts do have feelings and trying really hard to change our lives and make a difference in our lives.

I hope you get to feeling better really soon.

Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Marie...Like I said, nobody died. Just as much my fault as anyone's I guess for staying with a bad Doctor to get free meds that I can't afford. HUH????? How crazy does THAT look? Kind of like "I guess I was asking to be raped cause I was wearing a short skirt." The world sure is Fucked up.